Other Freezers:
Upright Freezers
Kenmore

Kenmore 6.5 cu ft Upright Freezer 29702

The size is perfect for small areas

from Texas

Comments about Kenmore 6.5 cu ft Upright Freezer 29702:

Great little upright freezer. The only disadvantage is it is not frost free but it seals so well that defrosting has not been a big issue.

Temperature Control
We keep checking the temperature and are amazed how accurate the temperature is.

Capacity
I do not have room in my utility room for a check type of freezer and from past experience with a large chest one, I hated leaning in and having to move things around to find what I was looking for. I love this little freezer and everyone is amazed how much it holds. I have added wire baskets that I picked up at the local discount store and that keeps things from sliding around. I bet it holds twice as much just by adding the baskets.

Frost doesn't really build up much sot here is very little to clean up. It's just a matter of defrosting as quick as I can and putting everything back. There really isn't much work involved and it doesn't have to be done but a couple of times each year.

This is a great little freezer and I give it a thumbs up on every count.

I would have said a ten here if they had added the baskets, but these are inexpensive, and this way you can buy the size that you want.

• Temperature Control:
  • Capacity:

I will really love it, if it lasts!

from Crescent City, FL

Comments about Kenmore 6.5 cu ft Upright Freezer 29702:

We bought this freezer to replace a Kenmore 5.0 chest freezer that quit working. We are limited to a small space for a freezer. This one fits perfectly. I didn't know they made upright freezers in this small size. I wasn't sure that I would like having fixed shelves, but so far everything fits. I do think the actual storage space is less than a 5.0 chest, but having the shelves makes up for it. It was easy to set up following the directions. We have it set at 1 and everything is frozen solid. The size and price was perfect for what we need. It also came with a tiny ice cube tray- cute but useless.

This will be much easier than defrosting a chest.

I've only had it a month... hoping it lasts longer than the reviews indicate.

• Temperature Control:
  • Capacity:

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about Kenmore 6.5 cu ft Upright Freezer 29702:

We recieved this freezer as a christmas present, from the in-laws, to supplement the small amount of freezer space we had above our fridge. We have limited space available in our kitchen so this upright model with its small footprint was perfect for our needs. The door has a super strong seal which is great for the unit to work efficiently but this can sometimes make it hard to open. The shelves are fixed in place but so far we haven't had any problems fitting food in there, and the bottom shelf is the perfect height for my ice-cream maker bowl which will not fit in the above fridge freezer. I would certainly recommend this appliance to anyone who needs extra freezer space but has limited room to put it and doesn't want a chest freezer.