4.8
Kenmore
Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator

Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator

4.8

Pros

• Attractive (5)
  • Easy access (5)
  • Customizable shelving (4)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Holds temperature well (3)

Cons

• Bad ice maker (4)

• Big families (4)
  • 2nd refrigerator (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (5)
    • Personal (4)

Very big

from Aseer

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Very nice

• Business

Kenmore 57453

from algeria.djelfa.el idressia

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
  • Limited Shelving Options
  • Noisy
  • Not Cold Enough

• Office Fridge

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This is a nice refrigerator but i think we slightly over payed for it. It is very nice looking and i love the fridge part. It's roomy and it's actually really deep so you can fit a lot of stuff in there and still are able to easily access what you need without taking things out to get something way in the back. The shelving is easy to clean and the compartments on the door are easy to clean and very sturdy. The lower drawers remove easily, but the sliding humidity controlls on the drawers are a nightmare to clean. We have children, so spills happen a lot and if liquid happens to get inside the humidity controll it's very hard to clean. We have had to let it soak in hot soapy water to get it out of there and that is a pain. The freezer part is not that wonderful for people who like to store a lot of frozen items. The freezer is not very wide and we have to take stuff out all the time to get to what we want. With the ice dispenser compartment taking up a lot of room, theres not a whole lot of space. We have a lot of smaller packages in the freezer and they always fall out and they don't fit well. It's a good option for people who want more room in the fridge part then the freezer. We do like it but i think it's just not a good fit for us because of the freezer size and design. Overall it is a beautiful appliance, it maintains temperature, it runs quietly, and the fridge is well designed.

• Business

Wow, this thing is BIGGG

from 90266

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
  • Noisy

I love this fridge

• Personal

I would recommend this item to family and friends.

from Rio, WV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

• Large Kitchens

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I purchased this refrigerator when I moved into a new home. The refrigerator is better than I expected. The Kenmore refrigerator is nice and roomy with removable shelves, has the water and ice dispenser and is very quiet. It is very easy to get to the items inside with a good shelving and access layout. The temperature control works very well.

• Personal

i would like to buy this product again and again

from India

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Poor Layout

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

i am using these product for food storage

• Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Love it

from McComb Ms

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• Large Kitchens

I love it

Kenmore 57453

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This has been one of the best fridges I have had. All the items are easily accessiable once you open the doors, I place all items for the children within easy reach on the lower shelves (such as yogurt, cheese, fruit, string cheese). The ice and water dispenser saves a lot of "MOM" I need a drink! They are able to get a glass out themselves and put in the ice and water they want without my help. I really do love not having to get up to "serve" all the time!

Noise Level
    This Kenmore fridge runs very quietly and I seldom notice any noice where it is concerned. I do occassionally, at night, hear water flowing (I assume into the ice maker or into the tubes that access the water dispenser on the outer door). Usually though, during the day, I don't hear any noise at all.

Interior Organization
    The movable shelves work very well, both inside the fridge itself or in the freezer space. I'm able to adjust the shelves to the heights I need for the containers of food, soda, water and other food in jars or containers. I put the milk, water and soda in the side door, which also adjust. I have smaller shelve space on the bottom, where I put the food items for the children.

Temperature Control
    You are able to adjust the temps for both the freezer and the fridge seperately. I used to have a problem on my old fridge where things froze in the fridge because I was trying to keep the freezer section cold enough to freeze the items in it. I used to lose produce that way, it would freeze and be ruined. (You can't eat frozen lettuce at all, and the radishes always seemed to freeze). I would waste more food that way, but not in this baby.

I never find this hard to clean. Of course, you have to remove all items from the shelves when you clean, but you have to do that anyway. In fact, I don't see how you could have a real problem cleaning the fridge. It's not as though it's a thing you have to do a lot. I also find that with things that have any moisture, I put paper towels under them or the container anyway, which helps. But I would do that with any fridge. I'm a little lazy about cleaning.

I have always, without exception, found Kenmore products to be reliable and durable. This is no exception. I have children who are in and out of the fridge constantly, and so far not had any problems with the door, lightening or any issues with the ice dispenser or the water dispenser. They use that all the time! The ice fills up nicely, and we're never out of ice.

I like the side by side design. I have never liked the fridge with the freezer on the bottom, or on the top either. Side by side allows me to see what I have easier and makes for easier access. The ice and water dispensers are at a good height and are able to be used easily. With children constantly using these features, it's important they are easily accessible.

• Temperature Control:

It is beautiful and it satisfied my needs.

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

I own this product and I'm very satisfied with its performance. The noice factor is so low I can barely hear it.The space to oorganize items are very convenient. The temperature control have been great, no freezing on the bottom as most refrigerators. The room to get around in cleaning is outstanding. Durability of my refrigerator as been great the pass five years.And last but not least the designis a beauty.

good, but not for us

• Temperature Control:

Long lasting and durable refrigerator/ freezer!

Comments about Kenmore 57453 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator/ freezer is very powerful and does a great job at preserving foods so that they can be used fresh and not have to ever worry that it may have gone bad. It's extremely heavy though, and I have noticed my kitchen floor starting to sink in a little bit where it's at. Besides that, everything else is positive.

Noise Level
    Slight noise.

Shelves and frames can be a little tricky removing and attaching for cleaning reasons.