3.8
Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
Kenmore
Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Worst Washing Machine Ever!

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

The tub broke 13 months after purchase. BEFORE that, the clothing came out dirty, stained and worn out.

Energy Efficiency
Not an HE machine

Cleaning Time
Extra time needed since I had to soak everything prior to washing.

Same as above - extremely hard on clothes

Self Explanatory Machine

Comfortable to reach clothing out of - lid was always locked and difficult to open.

Owned for only 2 1/2 years before it broke down completely. Repairperson said it was not worth fixing.

Does a lot at once!

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

I use this washing machine in my business because of its large capacity. It can get a lot of clothes done at one time, I have to say! It makes my life a lot easier and is very convenient to just be able to stuff all of the large items like bed spreads and comforters into it without worrying about overloading the machine. It has a large variety of speeds, modes and cycle presets, so it can adjust to just about any situation and wash many different types of cloth and fabric without damaging them. The top loading feature also makes it a lot easier to fill up since you don't have to bend down, and when you are taking the clothes out to put them into the dryer, you don't have the problem I have with my front loader at home, where the socks and miscellaneous items fall out onto the floor in front of the machine. I think it is a good buy, and I have had very good experiences with all of the Kenmore products I have purchased, so I will continue to buy their appliances in the future.

My favorite washer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

We had purchased this Kenmore Washer (and the dryer) brand new. I loved EVERYTHING about this washer! While I envied a front-loader with all of the bells and whistles, this one did such a great job and everything was simple and easy to use!

This washer performed wonderfully! My clothes were washed well and I never had problems with holes in my clothes or spots left on the clothes. The time of the cycles was just right - not too long, not too short - it was a good amount of time to get the job done! It was easy to use and easy to clean!

The washer was very affordable! It was a great quality washer for a very low price! We were extremely pleased with the purchase!

Why do I keep using past tense? Because unfortunately when we sold our house, the washer and dryer stayed with the house. In our new house, we have a frigidaire washer and dryer. I would give anything to have my Kenmore washer and dryer back!! It was definitely a smart purchase! Now I'm saving up for a new Kenmore washer and dryer for this new house!

• Cleaning Time:

REVIEW on Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

The Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110) is a good product. My family had this clothes washer for a while now and it still works in an okay condition. It's energy efficiency is satisfactory. It is a little pricey to do laundry all the time. The cleaning time takes a while just like any other clothes washer. The performance is okay now. It's pretty satisfactory but now it can't wash out a lot of the pet hair on our clothes. It's easy to use. I just use two-three buttons, put in softener, detergent, and it's ready to clean the clothes. It's not rocket science. The design is okay. Very simple and cannot see the clothes washing itself. The durability is okay. Overall, the washer is good.

Energy Efficiency
Uses a bit more energy than new.

Cleaning Time
Pretty much the same time getting things clean.

Pretty good when there's less clothes to wash.

Super easy!

Needs a touch of modern but I'm not complaining.

Steel! Cannot be budged!

• Cleaning Time:

This is an excellent large capacity washer that's easy to use.

from Matteson, IL

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

This washer is easy to use and comes with multiple settings that allow for different clothing types.

My family, which consists of 7 people, has been using this washer for 4 years now. It has been serviced twice and I even managed to fix a broken part by myself. Very good with the durability.

• Cleaning Time:

Yay for a large capacity washer!

from Harvard Il

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

After having several of our washers die, we finally came across this Kenmore Elite large capacity washer. The convenient top load door is larger than most models I have seen, making it easier to load and unload larger loads. So thankful for the many speeds and cycles to fit any size load. It has helped out our large laundry loads immensely.