2.5
Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
Kenmore
Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

2.5

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't clean effectively (4)
  • Noisy (4)
  • Long cycle (3)
  • Shakes/moves (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

My favorite washer!

We had purchased this Kenmore Washer (and the dryer) brand new. I loved EVERYTHING about this washer! While I envied a front-loader with all of the bells and whistles, this one did such a great job and everything was simple and easy to use!

This washer performed wonderfully! My clothes were washed well and I never had problems with holes in my clothes or spots left on the clothes. The time of the cycles was just right - not too long, not too short - it was a good amount of time to get the job done! It was easy to use and easy to clean!

The washer was very affordable! It was a great quality washer for a very low price! We were extremely pleased with the purchase!

Why do I keep using past tense? Because unfortunately when we sold our house, the washer and dryer stayed with the house. In our new house, we have a frigidaire washer and dryer. I would give anything to have my Kenmore washer and dryer back!! It was definitely a smart purchase! Now I'm saving up for a new Kenmore washer and dryer for this new house!

I wish I could rate it at less than one star

A household of three and this piece of garbage can't keep caught up. Do not buy one of these you will be sorry. You can not wash a load of five towels, it will stop and they steep in the soapy water until you find that it has sat for an hour doing nothing. The spin cycle does not perform well. It's very sensitive to balance and must be just so so or it just stops. The express setting set at double rinse take 2 hours. The bulky sheets setting 3 hours. It's perfect if you have all day to do two loads. The single rinse cycle with softener will leave the softener ball wrapped up in a garment with all of the fabric softener spilled inside that one garment. So unless you rinse again you have one softened overpowering garment and no other that receive treatment. Even after a double rinse the clothes seem unclean and still contain detergent. If I wasn't out of the $400 i'd go buy something else. I can not honestly think of one plus to this nightmare. I won't even dignify it by calling it a washing machine. It's a boat anchor pure and simple.

DON'T BUY IT!!!!

from siskiyou co.

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Towels

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

It takes 3 attempts to wash pillows. first load, wash one side, second load turn them over . then wash them a third time. I keep the setting on bulky in hopes to get the whole load wet the first time, know matter what I wash I might need to wash again. I hope they go back to the old style washing machine, I'd rather select the amount of water I need to do a load of laundry. I hope I never have to buy another machine like this one.

HORRIBLE!!

from Panama City, Fl

Pros

Cons

• Biggest waste of money on bonafide garbage.
    • Breaks Down
    • Clothes do not get saturated with water or soap.
    • Doesn't agitate if you put in a large load.
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Long Cycle
    • Maintenace repair 3 times in less than a year.

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

This machine should be recalled. It will not clean your clothes and it will break down repeatedly within 1st yr. Tech will not fix the issue and will blame customer saying you are using too much soap (which is why the clothes are not clean) and overloading the washer is the reason it will not agitate (sits in water while machine clicks). Cannot stress enough the absolute rip off this machine is. Dealing with customer service is a nightmare as well and you will be lucky if you understand what is being said in a heavy, incoherent, foreign accent.

I wish I could rate it at less than one star

from Mansfield, Ohio

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• can't do large loads
      • clothes still soapy
      • Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • Noisy
      • often does not finish cycle

• boat anchor

So disappointing!!!

from Minnesota

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Long Cycle
      • Noisy
      • Shakes/Moves

• Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

If you have over an hour to wait for a general load of laundry to be done then this is your washer. The pause cycles are redundant. It takes forever to spin out. Hate the locking mechanism - that is the biggest joke. Louder than my old 20 plus year old washer. Becomes unbalanced easily. Not at all happy- less than 5 years old - will be replacing soon!!!

Terrible machine!

from Ny

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
        • Doesn't clean clothes
        • Doesn't Clean Effectively
        • Noisy

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

This is a terrible washing machine! I have owned it for a year and a half, it has already broken! The clothes have never really come out clean. I have gotten to the point of putting in a load that only fills the basin a 1/4 of the way. Complete waste of money!

Worst Washing Machine Ever!

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

The tub broke 13 months after purchase. BEFORE that, the clothing came out dirty, stained and worn out.

Energy Efficiency
          Not an HE machine

Cleaning Time
          Extra time needed since I had to soak everything prior to washing.

Same as above - extremely hard on clothes

Self Explanatory Machine

Comfortable to reach clothing out of - lid was always locked and difficult to open.

Owned for only 2 1/2 years before it broke down completely. Repairperson said it was not worth fixing.

Does a lot at once!

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

I use this washing machine in my business because of its large capacity. It can get a lot of clothes done at one time, I have to say! It makes my life a lot easier and is very convenient to just be able to stuff all of the large items like bed spreads and comforters into it without worrying about overloading the machine. It has a large variety of speeds, modes and cycle presets, so it can adjust to just about any situation and wash many different types of cloth and fabric without damaging them. The top loading feature also makes it a lot easier to fill up since you don't have to bend down, and when you are taking the clothes out to put them into the dryer, you don't have the problem I have with my front loader at home, where the socks and miscellaneous items fall out onto the floor in front of the machine. I think it is a good buy, and I have had very good experiences with all of the Kenmore products I have purchased, so I will continue to buy their appliances in the future.

My favorite washer!

from Reading, PA

• Cleaning Time:

REVIEW on Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110)

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

The Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110) is a good product. My family had this clothes washer for a while now and it still works in an okay condition. It's energy efficiency is satisfactory. It is a little pricey to do laundry all the time. The cleaning time takes a while just like any other clothes washer. The performance is okay now. It's pretty satisfactory but now it can't wash out a lot of the pet hair on our clothes. It's easy to use. I just use two-three buttons, put in softener, detergent, and it's ready to clean the clothes. It's not rocket science. The design is okay. Very simple and cannot see the clothes washing itself. The durability is okay. Overall, the washer is good.

Energy Efficiency
          Uses a bit more energy than new.

Cleaning Time
          Pretty much the same time getting things clean.

Pretty good when there's less clothes to wash.

Super easy!

Needs a touch of modern but I'm not complaining.

Steel! Cannot be budged!

• Cleaning Time:

This is an excellent large capacity washer that's easy to use.

from Matteson, IL

Comments about Kenmore 500 Washer (Model 110):

This washer is easy to use and comes with multiple settings that allow for different clothing types.

My family, which consists of 7 people, has been using this washer for 4 years now. It has been serviced twice and I even managed to fix a broken part by myself. Very good with the durability.