2.5
Other Washing Machines:
Top Load Washers
Kenmore
Kenmore 500 Series Top Load Washer

Terrible washing machine will not buy another Kenmore.

fdsasdfsafsadfasd

afsdffadsfds

Useless

Horrible washing machine. Doesn't utalize enough water, doesn't agitate aggressively enough and doesn't rinse well. Halfway through my very first load I opened the machine to find the clothes on top in the enter still dry...HALFWAY THROUGH THE CYCLE. I have to add a bucket or two of water to get enough water to actually clean the clothes. The machine is far too loud and it takes too long. Would NOT recommend this machine to a friend and I can understand why it's been discontinued.

USA

false

HORRIBLE washer, total rip off

this product of energy efficient is a JOKE, clothes are so twisted and partially dry, detergent film on the clothes. the Company should be ashamed of themselves and give EVERYONE a refund, spent hundreds of dollars for a Very Poor Product , the old agitator washers are the BEST. Stuck with a useless machine, unless I want to pay hundreds more on top of what I already paid. DISGUSTED IN THE PRODUCT AND QUALITY

Riverside, CA

Regret my decision

Having this machine is like having the government do your laundry. And we all know how effective government interference is in our lives. You may THINK you have choices, but even the 'bulky bedding' cycle uses too little water to be really effective. The thing takes SO LONG to do one load, it's impossible to believe that it's "energy efficient". I use recommended amount of liquid HE detergent, but need two rinse cycles, thereby negating the water-saving feature. I wish I had my old center agitator washing machine back. At least I had real choices with that one. To top everything else off, the clothes are horribly wrinkled from the spin cycle, which is ultra efficient to remove water resulting in less dryer time. I don't believe the benefit outweighs the damage to clothing. I've had to iron things I never ironed before (there goes MORE electricity!). I have pant legs so twisted, it took a long time to get them apart before even putting them into the dryer. You may save money on less dryer time, but that electricity is not even close to being balanced because of the ultra-long running time of the washing machine and the need for TWO rinse cycles. Overall, I would not recommend this machine to my worst enemy. I will never buy one of these again and wish I knew how to 'break' it so hubby would have to buy a new one.

Pittsburgh, PA

I HATE this washer

I am 58 years old and I have never HATED a washing machine. I truly HATE this machine. It takes forever to cycle; leaves clothes dirty/dry; leaves major white spots on dark clothes and is very noisy. Makes me feel somewhat relieved just to write how much I hate it.

Wisconsin

Good machine

I have one of these and it is great. It adjusts the amount of water based on what type of clothing is being washed. For me that is a plus. For some people, like my grandmother, it is a problem. I think if it can get the clothes clean with less water, that's great! (And it does get them clean with less water on several of the cycles, the exception being bulky/bedding cycle, which fills with water. My grandmother thinks if the machine isn't filling with water then there is no way the clothes will get cleaned properly. Even without completely soaking everything, it gets stuff clean if you follow their recommendations for what to put in each type of cycle. If you have a mixed load, set your machine to the heaviest cycle applicable to your load. If you try to wash bedding and jeans in the cycle designed for tshirts, you might have to rewash. As long as you follow their recommendations, your clothes will be cleaned well and efficiently.

Joplin, Missouri

true

TAKES AN **HOUR AND A HALF** TO WASH A LOAD -no matter

It does not matter how big or small your load is, this washer takes OVER an hour to wash ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY!!! Our 10 year old dryer is faster than this washing machine!! We failed to look up comments and reviews about this product before buying it. We were in a hurry (thought we were, because the old washer broke) & didn't take the time to look around. It does get clothes clean and I have washed a 'thin' king sized comforter with no problem -so it can take quite a load (I would not try that every day, however). This is our first HE washer. Crazy the minimal amount of water used per load -definitely saves water. So, if you pay for water you would save on your water bill, but you'd end up spending the difference in electricity -no doubt. If there is a way to shorten the cycle, I'd be happy to update my review. Thank you.

Fredericksburg, VA

500 Auto seris - but dont expect to run spin cycle by itself

The fundamental problem with these auto-sense machines is the "autosense"! its just not up to the task. Its so smart, it cannot be over-ruled. For example, the machine weighs the load and then decides how much water to add. Great- so it takes a large load (use lard load cycle) BUT it often gets half way thru the load and then the amount of water in the washing is so much it stops! wont spin....no problme, just open the lid,close it and press run spin...OOPS!!! no can do - you cannot run a spin cycle on its own....so you now have a large load of very wet washing. Good luck - there is nothing you can do but hand wring it - and hang it to dry - or ruin your dryer by adding so much wet washing... Great job Kenmore - whirlpool etc - these auto sense machines are poorly designed and frankly there are really no positive features. Don't buy one. We will never get another - we plan to purchase a new machine - even tho this one is about 1 year old - we are sick of its antics...and I believe it is not broken - its just badly designed.

Indiana

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Bad, bad, bad washer! Will not turn off after the cycle is done. If I'm not there to catch it when it finishes the cycle, it runs another complete cycle and would continue to do so for the entire day. Runs a wash cycle on the drain and spin cycle. This machine is about 16 months old. Purchased brand new! All the water and electricity that has been consumed because it doesn't work properly after LESS THAT TWO YEARS really pisses me off! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THIS PRODUCT, RUN AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Florida

Kenmore HP 500. No Soak Option

Normal Wash cycle 45 mins Express Wash cycle 38 mins Theres nothing express about that! And no soak option. Also very noisy. Only thing going for it is its large capacity. Good thing I'm only renting this house , I would not by this machine.

Atlantic City NJ