Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers, Electric Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer

Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

greatest in the world

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful. I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set , It's very nice and modern and special product in this era of time .

Time will tell

When I read someone's review that the machine was 'loud' I did not want to believe it-after all...there are millions of users and this is one or two reviews - or so....Well the machine IS the loudest dryer I have ever used. It sounds tinny and as if the outer frame of the dryer provided NO soundproofing at all....when I checked to see if everything was tightly bolted (or screwed) together in the back -while the machine was in use-I could see through a gap in the back panel the heating element glowing red/orange........that being said, the dryer is in the basement and it seems to dry well....When the time comes for us to move however, we will not take it with us....especially if the laundry is to be on the main living level of home....I bought it on sale, but after over 40 years of housekeeping I find the quality of this kenmore product leaves me a bit disappointed.

Drum won't spin after one year

from 28766

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

Highly dissatisfied customer who will never use Kenmore products ever again.

Time will tell

from Upstate New York

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Large Capacity

Cons

• Loud

• Bulky Items
      • Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Sheets & Mattress Covers
      • Towels

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Energy Efficient
      • Quiet

• Bulky Items
        • Delicates
        • Towels

greatest in the world

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Simple design, works well.

from Morristown, TN

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

This Kenmore dryer is a great "budget" dryer. It's simple and doesn't do anything fancy, but it works really well. I don't need a dryer that does anything extraordinary beyond getting my clothes dry, and this is the perfect option.

Load Capacity
        The load capacity isn't huge, so if you're doing a lot of laundy, you might need something bigger. But this is great for couples or small families.

This dryer gets my clothes dry quickly and helps keep wrinkles away. I dry everything on the middle setting since I rarely have clothes that are delicate. I also use the Dryel bag in this dryer, and it works great.

This Kenmore dryer is very easy to use. It has one control knob without a lot of settings. It's a very simple design without a lot of extra choices.

I've had this dryer for a few years with no problems. It hasn't been used heavily, but it still works like it did the first time I used it.

The design is very simple and easy to use. The lint trap is easy to clean out, and it is easy to load and unload.

Old faithful!

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

I used to think a dryer was just a dryer. I have had the Kenmore 500 for a while now and it has been extremely faithful to me. It of course does not work as good as it first did when I got it but that is the case with all appliances. I wish it had a super heavy duty cycle but it does not. That is the only time I have trouble with it is when I am drying a heavy load. The dryer does not seem to like a large load of wet towels. Other than that I rarely have to dry my clothes the second time when I put it on the right cycle. I wish the lint vent was in a different place but I really have no complains. I have never had to fix anything on it. Dryers generally are famous for breaking belts but the Kenmore 500 in my house has never even had a squeaky belt. It's also not very bulky and fits great in the space I have for it in my laundry room. I can not believe as many times as I have dropped something on the door of it that I have not broken something but it just keeps on performing. It is definitely been old faithful!

• Load Capacity:

Kenmore dryers on top on my list of cloth dryers.

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

Outstanding dryer for every need.

This dryer is an outstanding product. I brought one for my mobile home and me and my wife have used it every since. It hasn't fault to do a successful job each time we used it. I would highly recommend to all sizes of families that need this outstanding product.

Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer Is Outstanding

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

Great Price, and excellent for drying a large load of clothes. I own a washing machine, but couldn't afford a dryer. Thank you kenmore. I love my dryer.

Load Capacity
        Wonderful I can dry many large loads of clothes. I use to hang my clothes on the line. Not anymore.

Gets the job done, very efficient.

Simple to operate.

Sturdy, and strong dryer.

Lovely looking, I like the color.

Great economy dryer.

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

I have has this dryer for about four years of heavy use. I run at least one load of laundry a day, sometimes even more than that. It has stood up to the use, and I have never had to have it serviced. It is a fairly basic dryer, you can set how long it dries for as well as choose the heat setting. A typical load of laundry for me dries in about an hour on either low heat, or medium heat, and is typically a large to extra large. The buzzer is nice and loud so I can hear it upstairs, while the dryer is in the basement. My biggest complaint about this dryer is that the lint trap is in the top, but it doesn't seem to get a tight seal. Lint is frequently found all over the top of the dryer no matter what I do to seal it. I have checked the dryer itself to be sure it is venting properly, and cleaned it out. This has happened at all three locations I have had the dryer at so I'm fairly certain it is a dryer problem not a connections one. I would absolutely buy this dryer again.

• Load Capacity:

This drier is very effective and easy to use.

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

This drier is a nice size, easy to use, clear choices for fabric type, and dries effectively. I think this drier is a good value for the price.

Load Capacity
        This drier is able to do well with large sized loads, able to dry king size comforter as long as you unroll it half way through.

I am able to dry loads in one cycle, with the exception of comforters which need to be unrolled part way through but that is with any drier I have tried. With this drier I am able to dry large loads of jeans in one cycle.

Very easy to use, my kids are even able to start the drier without any complications. There are very clear choices for different types of fabrics, so there is no guessing which setting should be used.

The drier I am currently using is around 5 years old and runs like new. The drier is used almost daily without showing any wear.

There are no design flaws that come to mind with this drier at this time.

This Kenmore 500 dryer is okay

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Kenmore 500 Electric Dryer:

As a dryer, I find this model to be just a little above average. It holds a large capacity, which is nice, and it dries clothes well. I don't find myself pulling out damp items to re-dry, as I have in the past. The lint trap is great; it's very easy to clean (we clean it with every load).

On the negative side, the dryer is VERY loud. In fact, we end up turning it on just before we go to bed, so we don't have to hear it (we can barely hear our television over the sound of it). It's possible that this is less about the actual dryer and more about the dryer vent, but either way, when it runs, it's incredibly loud.

We inherited this dryer practically new when we moved into the house, so I don't imagine we'll be replacing it any time soon. That said, if a front loading washer/dryer set were to magically appear, I wouldn't be sad to see it go.