Other Refrigerators:
Kenmore
Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White

Summary

Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - Economical and Compact

This classic 18.1 cu. ft. Kenmore top-freezer refrigerator 6041 has improved functionality and modern, updated features. The brightly lit interior and wire shelving helps you find things at a glance. Deep, gallon-sized door bins gives you plenty of storage. The Kenmore refrigerator's adjustable and efficient cooling system keeps food fresh and power bills low. You'll love this new take on an old standard.

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Personal (3)

Great 'Fridge for stocking extras

I love this refrigerator because it is actually bigger than it looks. I have gone through a number of different refrigerators in my time and this one really stood up for my family of 9. I have used it to stock extra food and the size makes it very easy to do that.

Noise Level
There is absolutely no noise coming from this unit at all.

Interior Organization
I like the interior best of all as it can hold every pot and pan size very easy, without blocking other stuff in so you can get to it. It even holds 2 liter bottles and stock pots very easily.

Temperature Control
The temperature gauge is very simplistic and easily adjustable.

This unit is very easy to clean, as warm water will suffice. For deeper cleaning I have use vinegar and water, as an added sanitizer.

I owned this unit for a number of years and it held up pretty good for my family. I am very pleased with this unit.

This unit has a very simple design which works well for what I used it for.

Too many problems to justify

Purchased this unit when I was on a very limited budget. It wasn't top quality then and still has problems. It is very noisy.

Don't get me wrong, the fridge...Read complete review

Don't get me wrong, the fridge in my house now is only 19cu ft and still the same top freezer model but there's a world of difference. It now stays in my garage for extra storage.

The manufacturer ticket claims this is an energy saver, but I am unsure of that based on the price per watt to use. Seems to me It uses a lot more ekectricity than stated. I can tell because sometimes I dont use this one for months and can gauge the watt useage.

Noise Level
This is the worst feature. It has a humming and whirring noise which I was told by Kenmore repairman that is "normal". It works ok but the noise is annoying. It is in the garage and I can hear it in the house.

Interior Organization
It is a basic model with wire racks. nothing special. Like the top freezer models rather than side-by-sides as it fits several large pizzas nice and flat in the freezer.

Temperature Control
The temperature stays even but sometimes I get condensation in the freezer.

Wire racks come out easily. Simple to clean fridge, really not much place for spills to go.

Still works but with constant noise, doubt will last 4-5 yrs.

Basic, absolutely no frills.

Good enough for the money!

from Hilo, HI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy Access
  • Quiet

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

We purchased this product to replace an old refer for my in-laws. It worked great until 6 months after it was bought. The freezer compartment was iced up, most especially, around the temperature control unit. A service tech came and cleared the ice build up with a steamer. It worked fine thereafter.

But two months later, the problem returned and another tech came to look at it. The second tech did a modification to the freezer control unit, and to this day, have not had any more problems with the freezer icing up.

Aside from the icing problem, the refer was a worthy investment because of its size and simplicity.

• Personal

I would buy this again for sure

from Vincennes,IN

Pros

• Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

I love my new refrigerator! My landlord recently purchased this refrigerator for the rental apartment that I live in. I woke up one morning to discover that my old refrigerator had quit on me, and I called my landlord. He immediately had this new refrigerator in my home and I am very happy with it. It also is a very quiet refrigerator and the shelves are wonderful. Inside is spacious and has crisper drawers as well. I can fit taller items on the shelves that did not fit in my previous refrigerator, such as juices and wines. The temperature holds well and the freezer is incredible! I was able to save my frozen food as it was cold enough to refreeze my unthawed meat, so I luckily did not have to discard anything. This is the nicest refrigerator that I have ever used and the shelves are adjustable and sturdy. I have a fairly small apartment and although the refrigerator looks small it is actually extremely spacious inside, and the lighting is wonderful, too. The crisper drawers keep my vegetables fresh and my lettuce does not wilt fast at all. I would recommend this product to anyone with a small kitchen, who needs an average amount of space. This refrigerator has an ice maker and is quiet for too. The ice maker produces ice fairly quick and I never have to worry about running out of ice when I have guests over, either. Overall, I am very pleased and impressed with this purchase my landlord made and I am also thankful for having a landlord who would replace such an expensive appliance. I could not have afforded this purchase had I needed to purchase this refrigerator on my own. I would say for the quality of the product the price is pretty reasonable and not over priced in comparison to other refrigerator brands of similar quality.

• Personal

Great product for a great price!

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

This fridge works great as a small primary fridge or a secondary fridge. The shelves are really easy to clean and the door shelves give plenty of space for taller bottles. I purchased this in black and was very happy with it. Great buy for a great price!

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

Shopping for appliances is not one of more fun project to do. I was really dreading going to shop for a new refrigerator. I was hoping to be able to find an economical, money saving refrigerator that would fit in the space I had designated for it. I was in luck. I found this Kenmore 18 cubic foot top freezer refrigerator in white. It was also on sale. It would fit in the space set aside for it with remodeling. The price was within my budget. The outside surface of the refrigerator is easy to keep clean with a simple wipe of a damp cloth. The handles on both the refrigerator and freezer section are sturdy. The electrical cord is long enough to reach a plug in without having to use an extension cord. The refrigerator runs quietly and very efficiently. The freezer is a good size allowing for easy organization of frozen foods. The shelves inside the refrigerator are easy to keep clean and can be set at any level that is convenient to use. When I have to pull the refrigerator out to clean behind it and under it, the refrigerator moves easily without dragging or catching on the floor.

Basic Fridge

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

It runs, it has shelves, and there is a light inside. That's about as luxurious as this fridge gets. I hate the wire racks, but the deep bins are nice. It also is smaller than other fridges I've had.

Noise Level
      It's alright, I wouldn't say that it's noticeably loud, but it isn't exactly super quiet either. When I'm in the kitchen I can hear it running. Maybe that's just me being hyper aware, maybe it really does have a hum. The boyfriend claims he could never hear it, so who knows?

Interior Organization
      You have some shelves and some bins, it's minimal but it's enough to organize your food.

Temperature Control
      It actually lets you control the temp, which is nice. Though I was slightly concerned that their reasoning for letting you control the temperature was to save money on running it. I would hope that it would be more for keeping items at the required temperature to ensure food safety.

Have you ever cleaned a wire rack? they suck.

It was in an apartment, so yeah, it's durable. You know people beat the crap out of it.

This is the ugliest fridge I've ever had the displeasure of looking at day in and day out. It's plain and white. It has that awful texture that white fridges have. I pretty much hate the look of this fridge.

Good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

I have previously purchased and do own this Kenmore 18 cubic foot Top Freezer Refrigerator in White and it has turned out to be a great spare refrigerator. I keep this fridge in my garage and it is the perfect size to where it hardly takes up any room at all. I like to use it as a small freezer for extra meat storage and then I fill up the fridge section with soft drinks and other drinks for when we have guest or have parties. This is a very durable refrigerator as I have had it for about three years and it is still like brand new and is still just as white as can be. This product is also very easy to clean you can just wipe it out with a damp rag. The freezer is great because it does not freeze up with ice so it is also easy to clean. This product does have an adequate amount of shelves and drawers for all my needs. This is also a good refrigerator for anyone just starting out or anyone with a small family. The price is very nice and affordable. I would recommend this refrigerator to everyone as it is very nice and useful.

Too many problems to justify

from Tampa Florida

Temperature Control
      The temperature stays even but sometimes I get condensation in the freezer.

Still works but with constant noise, doubt will last 4-5 yrs.

Basic, absolutely no frills.

Perfect for Apartment/Condo

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

My son recently moved into a Condominium, and believe it or not, it didn't come with appliances! We purchased the Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top-Freezer-Refrigerator in white for him, and it's perfect! The freezer is just the right size for 1-2 people. It holds a couple of ice trays, and then leaves quite a bit more room for anything else. The refrigerator has a nice wide door that holds a ton of products. Inside, the shelves are durable and wipe clean well. The produce & veggie drawers are huge. They can hold a ton of stuff!
      The refrigerator is quite quiet. I haven't noticed a loud hum from it, and it keeps the proper temperature very well! This is a middle of the road priced refrigerator. I feel like we got a great appliance for a decent price. We had looked at higher priced refrigerators and I am glad we went with this one! It is very nice!!

Noise Level
      Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. It seems very quiet.

Interior Organization
      Nice and roomy. Lots of drawer space for both veggies & fruit, and also a drawer for lunchmeat and cheeses. Shelves seem to be the right height for milk, orange juice or even soda.

Temperature Control
      Keeps a steady even temperature.

Shelves wipe clean instantly.

Can't complain! So far we are impressed with the durability!

Perfect style for a condo or apt.

Great 'Fridge for stocking extras

from chicago Illinois

Noise Level
      There is absolutely no noise coming from this unit at all.

Temperature Control
      The temperature gauge is very simplistic and easily adjustable.

This unit has a very simple design which works well for what I used it for.

• Temperature Control:

Inexpensive, simple with a bit of noise.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Kenmore 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator - White:

I needed an inexpensive refrigerator to use while waiting to renovate my kitchen. I figured I would only need to use it for five years--the time it would take for me to get to the kitchen (I had many other projects before it). Well, that refrigerator failed after four years. Of course, I didn't want to replace it with an expensive refrigerator now that I'm getting closer to my tear-out phase, but I do need one.

So, that's when the Kenmore came into play. I purchased it and have used it for a few months and I'm not a huge fan.

Noise Level
      It isn't too noisy, but isn't quiet either. It squeals a bit each day for some reason. My last fridge was very quiet next to this one. I can deal with it. But, it could be because I know I won't have it much longer.

Interior Organization
      It works fairly well, but doesn't have enough bins; there is no "deli" drawer. I compensate by using a plastic container.

Temperature Control
      The temperature isn't easy to determine either. The set temperature may be too cold for some days, but not cool enough for others. The house temperature does tend to influence the fridge temp. Strange. My last fridge was very similar though.

It is very easy to clean since it so simple. The only I have is that the shelves are wire, not glass, which is much easier to clean. Then again, this is an inexpensive fridge.

I'm not quite sure how durable this one is yet since I've only had it for about a year. So far, it's fine.

Simple, clean, but not enough storage.