3.5

Kenmore 1396 Built-in Dishwasher

3.5

Buyer's Remorse

Comments about Kenmore 1396 Built-in Dishwasher:

Granted I have had this dishwasher less than a month but I am having trouble getting the dishes clean with it. I have tried many different ways to stack it and I still have dirty dishes after it has been run.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is quiet. I frequently have to feel the front to make sure it is running.

Cleaning Time
Because the dishes come out dirty I run it on tough scrub. This cycle takes about 2 hours and the dishes still come out dirty.

Loading Flexibility
It is nice that I can raise and lower the top rack but it is not otherwise very flexible in the ways you can arrange the dishes. Also I need to purchase a second silverware basket because the one it came with barely holds any silverware.

I don't like having dirty dishes after running it on the tough scrub cycle which is about 2 hours long.

It is lovely in my kitchen. I do have a hard time checking the cycles because the controls are along the top of the door.

I have only had the item a month.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

Mid range model that does the job.

from Columbiaville, MI

Comments about Kenmore 1396 Built-in Dishwasher:

If you aren't looking to spend a small fortune to get your dishes clean, this Kenmore 1396 is the way to go. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles as fancier models and brands, but it does an overall decent job for the price. Installation was fairly straight forward for anyone who as ever replaced a dishwasher on their own. The wash cycle tends to be a little loud, so I would recommend running it when noise isn't an issue. If you have stuck on food such as eggs, etc, I would also suggest doing a pre-wash. I don't think there is a dishwasher out there that can remove those types of foods, irregardless of how much you pay. Both racks offered ample room for loading dishes, pots and pans. Utensil holder could have been larger, but that is just a personal preference on my part. Probably more than adequate for an average size family.

• Noise Level: