3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

People lauged at me when I did the Special K Diet

My co-workers laughed at me when I started to do the Special K diet three years ago. Of course I put ninety-seven pounds on I was desperate to try anything to take it off. I tried a lot of diets in the past and failed. So when I saw the ad on the TV for the special K diet I thought to myself it is worth a try. I went to the local grocerty store in town before work on night and got some. I was worriers it wouldn't work like all the others had in the past. But I kept on eating the ceral. After the first two weeks was over I did notice I was in smaller jeans.  So I kept on eating the ceral and working out reguraly.  My weight was droping off slowly but I was losing it now. I went out and got more ceral and some of the Special K bars and ate them inbetween my meals. I was so excited to be finally losing all the weight. I started walking to work and I started to lose more and more of my weight. Finally something was actual working. It was such a releif of my shoulders, and I started to relax a little. I liked to go shoping now. All the cute clothes were fiting me now. I think in the first month of this new diet I went from a size twenty to a six sixteen jean.  When New Year's Day came I managed to lose the last one pound of my diet and I was now wearing a size six jean.  It felt so amazing. I managed to do it with the help of the Speical K Diet. They gave me a new lease on life!

Eat cereal, cereal bars and protein water to lose weight.

**Kellogg's Special K Diet **is based on the idea of eating cereal twice per day and eating one healthy meal per day, along with fruits, vegetables, and other Kellogg Special K...Read complete review

**Kellogg's Special K Diet **is based on the idea of eating cereal twice per day and eating one healthy meal per day, along with fruits, vegetables, and other Kellogg Special K products.

**Does it Work?**

**Kellogg's Special K Diet**claims to help you lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks. That's assuming you make it 2 weeks on this diet. It is a calorie restrictive plan and you really have to enjoy the cereal to make it work for you.

If you follow the program as Kellogg's prescribes, you can lose weight though.

**Not Another Bowl of Cereal!**

If you get bored with the cereal on the **Kellogg's Special K Diet **you can switch things up a bit by trying different flavors, like vanilla almond, have a protein bar, drink protein water or add fruit to the cereal to change the taste and add something sweet.

Effective diet, but you sacrifice a lot.

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

The Special K diet is pretty simple. Replace two meals a day with one serving of cereal, eat a third meal that is appropriately portioned and voila! Lose weight. What is great about this is that it works. It is simple to keep track of, tastes relatively good, and will produce results, not based on magic, but based on caloric intake. The downside of this is you lose almost complete control of what you eat, and the food becomes really boring, and because of those factors it is difficult to stick to. The other problem with this diet is regaining weight. Once you begin to eat normally, you have not really learned the idea of calorie control or portioning, so you are at high risk to regain the weight. This would be a great diet for someone who wants to lose weight quickly, but is not concerned with maintaining the weight loss. Because of the limited choices within the Special K diet, I do not feel as though it is truly sustainable. That said, if you replace you meals with any serving sized amount of any cereal, you would see similar success. I rated the diet an 8 for ease and effectiveness, although as stated in my review I do see long term problems with this diet.

Good diet plan

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

I tried the "Special K weight loss diet plan" for a couple months over the winter so I could try and prevent the winter weight gain. What I really liked about this diet plan was that It does work. While on the Special K diet plan I lost a total of 14 pounds in 3 to 4 months. I did make sure I kept up on some at home cardio workouts to help keep the weight off. I also made sure I ate healthy meals and drank plenty of water. Overall the Special K diet plan is one of the easiest out there and has the best tasting food and snacks.

I found the Special K weight loss diet plan to work very effectively. I was able to lose some weight and keep it off! The drinks and snacks are healthy and taste great.

Side Effects
I never really noticed many side effects while using the Special K weight loss diet plan. I know some people said they felt sick, I made sure I drank plenty of water during the day and I NEVER starved myself. The only minor issue I had while using some of these products is a did get a little bit constipated. Other than that I had no issues.

The products are very easy to use. I just bought the food and drinks. Drank one shake a day and usually ate a Special K bar before workouts or for a snack. And the cereal I ate usually for a chocolate craving.

Special K Diet ideas

from Lakewood, WA

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

Special K has some great products, but alone this diet is not going to work, and after awhile you do need some variety. Special K has provided enough choices, but I felt after the second week all the food started tasting the same.

Side Effects
Very regular, I was very regular and the products make you thirsty so you seem to drink a lot more water. Definitely do not start on a back of the chips without a large glass of water.

The single serve packages afford you the convenience to go anywhere with them, while the larger size are good to share with friends and family.

• Side Effects:

It's effective IF you can stick to it.

from Kansas

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

I've always liked the special K cereals and when I saw the diet I thought I might as well try it, I always want to lose weight. The short version of the diet is you replace two of your meals each day with a special K product [cereal, bars, shakes] have one balanced meal and a few healthy snacks [fruit, veggies, and now special K has different type of snacks out]. I did it quite a few years ago when there was basically just cereal, so I didn't get that much variety. So, the Special K products are tasty...but NOT filling. They really don't have much nutritional value, which is true for most pre-packaged food. It's hard to stick to because you're just hungry quite a bit. Some people are better at dealing with hunger than others. Luckily, I can deal with a little bit of hunger. I followed the diet for 2 weeks and did lose weight. But honestly, it sucked. If I was going to have to eat another bowl of cereal I might have cried. Now that they have a larger variety of products it's probably better but the food still isn't going to be very filling. If you stick to it you will more than likely lose weight because of the restricted calories. I'd say give it a try if you can deal with being a little hungry, just be sure that once you stop doing the diet you don't go back to bad eating habits completely.

• Side Effects:

Constantly hungry so not sustainable

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

I tried this three years ago with a friend mostly because it seemed easy to do. We followed the instructions on the box. We bought many boxes of this and low fat milk and ate them instead of meals accordingly. It was ok at first and I felt my weight was going down but after a few days I just felt hungry all the time and I felt like I wasn't getting all the nutrients I needed. I tried for about two weeks (of course there were days when I had to eat other stuff) and lost some pounds but I gained them back as soon as I started eating normally. I think this is not a balanced diet and not sustainable because you easily get hungry afterwards. I wouldn't recommend that you do it unless you really need to drop a few pounds for an important day. But be aware that you will probably gain that weight back soon.

It is effective in losing weight fast but not effective for sustaining the loss.

Very easy to do (just need cereal and milk).

Delicious K

from Coronado, CA

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

Kelloggs Special K cereal is a really tasty cereal. It has an awesome balance of crunchy and sweat to satisfy most sweet tooths. The other items in this weight loss diet such as the drinks and bars are also very satisfying. However I must say I dont think of Special K as a real diet but more of a weight control management system. I think it's great for someone who has gotten down to a comfortable weight or only has a few pounds to lose. Its also great for children to use as snack and breakfast foods because there are a varity of flavors. There aren't any added chemicals or herbs that can cause any problems that I know of. The variety of items are great for pre workout post workout or just snacking.

Effective at maintaining but not losing an extreme amount of weight.

Side Effects
None that I can see.

Extremely easy and there are tons of flavors in all the products so you don't get tired of them too quickly.

Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet, great for fast weight loss

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet is an excellent way to lose weight fast and still maintain a daily high protein diet! You will see your rapid loss and feel wonderful.

Kellogg's Special K Loss Diet is a very effective for fast healthy weight loss. You may add 2% milk with the product and substitute for two meals each day. Within seven to ten days you will notice significant weight loss, that you desire (up to three to four pounds) weekly.

Side Effects
Kellogg's Special K Loss Diet may cause some fatigue after three or fours days. If this is a problem for you, I would recommend that you eat some healthy fruit and add meat products and vegetables to your nightly dinner. This should help and stop your fatigue!!

The Special K Loss Diet is extremely easy to use. You can measure one cup, and add the milk of your choice and enjoy your meal, knowing that it is good for your body and low in calories.

• Side Effects:

Tasty, easy, but not terribly effective

from IL, USA

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

I LOVE the Kellogg's Special K line of breakfast cereals. They are tasty and have great flavor combinations. They are lower calorie than many other leading breakfast cereals, but I don't find them effective as a weight-loss tool, especially because I feel like I haven't eaten anything at all an hour later. They aren't filling, unless I have double the serving size. So it somewhat defeats the purpose. That being said, I still prefer a double portion of these cereals above a regular portion of any of the multiplicity of sugar-laden popular cereals. I haven't tried any of the other Kellogg's Special K diet foods yet. The shakes look a little too sugary to be healthy (in my opinion) and I'm not a fan of any sort of health bar. They all taste like cardboard to me.

I'm not really losing weight, but I'm not gaining either. I think if you have the will power to keep yourself to the recommended portions, the calorie-restriction alone would be helpful with weight loss.

Side Effects
None really, except that I always want to eat more!

Um, it's cereal -- pretty darn easy!

Great-Tasting Meal Replacements

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet is a diet plan that I have found to be exceptionally user-friendly and also quite effective for the average person. You simply must adapt your current eating regimen to include products from the Kellogg's Special K line, which include delicious tasting options, such as chocolate or vanilla meal replacement shakes, chocolate, peanut butter, and vanilla protein meal replacement bars, and other wonderfully tasty snacks. You simply have to substitute two of these specific Special K items each day for two meals and eat one traditional meal as well. If you do this and combine with a bit of exercise (preferably at least four to five times per week), you will definitely quick, effective, and successful results. The best thing about this was the ease and the taste. Who doesn't want to eat chocolate flavored stuff twice a day? I would definitely recommend this diet plan to people wishing to lose a few extra pounds rapidly.

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet:

I love Kellogg's Special K, but it gets old after eating their products for a long time. I thought I would try the Kelloggs's Special K Weight Loss Diet to lose a few extra pounds I had gained. After a few days of eating the cereal and snacks I did notice some weight loss and this did amaze me. This is a very hard diet to do since you tire of it so soon. I love that they do offer many coupons to save on their products, most weight loss programs are too expensive for me to try. I think this may work for some people if they are willing to stick with it, but I could not do it.

Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet can be effective if you can handle eating cereal, snacks and shakes then you could do it.

Side Effects
I never had any side effects from trying this diet, mostly just caused me to stay hungry, was not very fulfilling.

Kellogg's Special K Weight Loss Diet is very easy to use, it is just cereal, snacks and shakes.