Other Cereals:
Kellogg's
Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan  Cereal

Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal

Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal is a real breakfast treat.

I'm a big fan of Kellogg's Special K** **Chocolatey Delight cereal so it was a no-brainer that I'd want to give the Cinnamon Pecan a try. Having a coupon AND finding the product on sale was the perfect opportunity to get both.

The flakes, which are sprinkled with cinnamon, are a blend of rice & whole grain wheat, they're big, bumpy and crunchy. They also hold up well in milk though do soften somewhat but nothing soggy or gloppy like some cereals can end up.

The combination of warm cinnamon and tender pecans gives this cereal a memorable flavor with just the right touch sweet. Though it is a sweetened, it's not a "kids cereal" so the sweetness is more palatable and pleasant.The flavor reminds me of eating a cinnamon bun with pecans on top but it's neater and your fingers don't get all sticky.

**Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal **is much akin to the Chocolatey Delight as it's like having a fun treat for breakfast. A 3/4 cup serving is 120 calories. Of course this will change depending on the kind of milk you use, i.e. whole, 2%, skim/ fat free.

If you're looking for a more sophisticated cereal, this is a good place to start. Cinnamon Pecan is another winner in the Special K lineup, I just wish the product had more pecans as they are a little skimpy against all those big flakes.  **4 Stars overall !**

Want to read about my Special K Chocolatey Delight review too? take a look here >** [chocolate for breakfast !][1] **

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kelloggs-Special-K-Chocolatey-Delight-Cereal-review-72b4

Sweet taste, big crunch, satisfying.

I saw this new variety on the shelf the last time I went to the grocery store and decided to give it a try. I enjoy the Special K products in general so this flavor was a no brainier. I was expecting the classic Special K flakes with a strong cinnamon flavor that were mildly sweet with recognizable pecans. I thoroughly enjoyed the flakes, the cinnamon and the level of sweetness but was very disappointed by the pecan pieces. They were small, soggy and quite flavorless. I always taste my cereal dry before adding it to milk and I can say that it tastes just as good in some cold milk as it does dry. I really expected much larger pecans because they are my favorite type of nut. But I suppose you can't have everything. But based on the nutritional facts with and without milk, this a pretty sound product nutrition wise. You get some great whole grains, a good deal of vitamins and minerals and a chunk of protein (especially with the milk!)

One of my favorites!

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I've tried probably 80% of the cereals in the cereal aisle, and Special K Cinnamon Pecan is one of my favorites. I wasn't too sure about the combination of cinnamon and pecans when I first tried it, but it's great!

I'm notorious for eating cereal multiple times a day, and I like the versatile ones. I can put fruit (banana, raisins, dried cherries or cranberries) in this to change it up a bit, or sometimes I even mix it with yogurt. There are usually a lot of nuts in the cereal, too, so that's great. I wouldn't like it if it were just flakes with just enough nuts so that they could put it on the box.

In general, I think Special K is a fairly healthy choice. There's probably too much sugar, but it could be much worse. The price is pretty good too. My usual grocery store often has sales on Special K products, and I stock up. It's not usual for me to have 4 to 5 boxes in my pantry at once, and cinnamon pecan has become my go-to.

One of my favorite special K cereals

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

This is probably my second favorite special K cereal, beat only by the vanilla almond variety. I love the texture of the flakes and the pecans, and it goes really well with the cinnamon flavor. Nice and sweet and satisfying. Definitely a good breakfast option.

Really good

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal is really good! I did not know what to expect since I had not really eaten Special K before. It was a great surprise! The flakes are very tasty-they are sweet, but not too sweet, and have a great cinnamon flavor! I love that they are healthy and so full of flavor. The pecans are a nice size and really complement the cinnamon flavor. This is a great cereal!

This is a flavorful, crunchy, healthy choice, cereal.

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I'm a person that needs to watch my weight. And after reaching my goal weight through Weight Watchers, I'm always looking for healthy and tasty foods that won't put those pounds back on. I often like to have something a little crunchy to eat. I eat breakfast every day and prefer something that has more than just carbs. The pecans add some healthy nutrients and the cinnamon provides the extra nonsugary taste. I always liked the other kinds of Special K because of the satisfying flavor and not being an "adult candy" with empty calories from sugars. This newer recipe with the nuts is one of my favorites. I think it is important to eat the recommended portion size in order to stay within a healthy daily calorie range because, as they say, too much of even a good thing isn't good.

Tasty, but where's my nuts?

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

After learning I had elevated cholesterol, I knew I had to improve my diet and started with breakfast.  I decided to try Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal.  The cereal was surprisingly delicious.  It has the sweetness of kids' cereal, but it's good for me, as well.  The flakes stay crisp and never get soggy and the flavor keeps me wanting more.

My only issue with the cereal is that it is lacking pecans.  I find myself asking "Where are my nuts?" I average about 5 to 6 pecans per bowl but ideally would like a pecan in every bite.

Overall a great, healthy cereal that I think anyone would enjoy.

Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal,yuuuuuummy

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

Two words..Ummhmm,that's what you say when you take your first spoonful of this delicious cereal.It has real whole grain flakes cinnamon,pecans and they're sweet.Healthy + great taste+empty box..lol I would recommend this cereal to everyone.also try the other varities.A+++

Just about perfect!

from Anniston, AL

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I'm a sucker for cinnamon and pecans in anything. Now I can get it in my cereal! I discovered Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal soon after it came out on the market. I tried it and it is delicious! It's not too sweet and the pecans give it the right amount of extra crunch. The chunks of pecans are large enough that you really get a big pecan taste. This cinnamon tasted is consistent throughout my entire bowl. I've always enjoyed Special K and these added flavors have quickly become my favorite! The flakes are still light and crunchy. I am easily filled after eating a bowl. There are days where I really look forward to my breakfast because it's SO GOOD! Sometimes I'll eat it again for lunch! My children also enjoy eating this cereal and I don't mind them eating it. It's not overloaded with sugar. My daughter prefers to eat it dry. She saves the pecans for last! Overall, it's a great product and can be enjoyed by the whole family.

Wow tastes like a cinnamon roll but crunchier

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I personally am a cinnamon lover so when they introduced this cereal I had to try it. I was plesently surprised at the fresh taste of the pecans and just the right amount of cinnamon, what a lovely addition to the great line-up of cereal for those of us who like to have our "cake" and eat it too!

Can you say adult Cinnamon Toast Crunch

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I'll admit it...I'm an adult who still loves sugary, sweet kid's cereals. There I said it. However, my wasteline doesn't always appreciate my tastes. It has been almost 8 months since I had my daughter and my excuse of "I just had a baby" is starting to not be an excuse any more. I decided to do the Special K challenge that is always advertised with my friend. The problem I don't really like Specail K that much or so I thought. I had tried the one with the strawberries before and a couple other flavors that weren't bad, but I got bored with the taste quick. I saw the Cinnamon and Pecan flavor and decided to get it to try because my grocery store was sold out of all the other kinds except for the plain old Special K (and that was just not going to work for me). On the first day of the challenge, I was shocked when I tasted my first bite. IT TASTE LIKE CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH!!!!! This was going to work! I feel like I'm not supposed to be enjoying this cereal as much as I am since it is part of a diet, but I am.

Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal - not what I expected!

from Madison, OH

Comments about Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal:

I'm not a breakfast person.  A slice of Quick Bread or a donut and coffee; and I'm good to go.

I have a small breakfast, lunch and dinner.  In the evening as I settle down to watch TV, I usually have some cereal (right out of the box) and some carrots to munch on.

My criteria for "munching cereal" are pretty simple:  high in fiber, low in fat and sugar and crunchy.

Kellogg's Special K Cinnamon Pecan Cereal meets some of these criteria. When I brought the box home I thought, "Great.  This is going to taste like tree bark."  But no!  Crunchy, cinnamony, little bits of pecan.  10 grams of sugar are the maximum that I will consider in a cereal.  This cereal has 7 grams but still is a little sweet for me.  The pecans are few and far between.  It has 2 grams of fat, no trans fat or cholesterol and 3 grams of fiber.

All around, though, I would recommend this cereal.  It comes with a "same great taste you love guarantee" so what have you got to lose?