Other Cereals:
Kellogg's

Pros

Cons

Snap, crackle, pop and Rice Krispie Treats to boot. Cool beans.

I do not know who decided to puff up and crisp rice, but they had a great idea. Rice Krispie cereal is going on 80 years now and still popular year after year. I've yet to meet anyone who has never tried it.

My confession is that I'm much more likely to make Rice Krispie Treats than to pour Rice Krispies in a bowl and have them with milk for breakfast. I'm just not at my best first thing in the morning, and I'm more likely to hit a drive through on the way to work if I eat anything before around 10 a.m.

Rice Krispies are way cool with milk though. Snap. Crakle. Pop. Even after all these years, I still get a kick out of listening to cereal. I would explain why they do that, but I really don't know. Hum. I may have to look that up.

My younger son does love Rice Kripies for breakfast. He'd rather have RKs or Cheeries than the junk cereals covered with sugar. I'm thankful.

I do have to check the box of Rice Krispies if I decide to make Rice Krispie Treats though, since the kid-o can put a hurting on a box in just a few days. If there's enough in the box, then I'll often mix up Rice Krispie Treats.

Some people think they don't like Rice Krispie Treats. They probably had some at the school lunchrooms around here or bought the convenience treats made a packed individually. No. No. No. Those really are not very good. And, a lot of the homemade ones I've tried don't win any prizes either.

I'm the type to play around with a recipe until I get it perfect. With RK Treats, add about 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Put that in after the marshmallows are melted and stir until blended. Then, pat the treats out in the pan - do not mash. If you press the air out, then treats don't taste that great. I use a sheet of wax paper sprayed with Pam to tap and then use my fingers to lightly even out the top.

I've had people ask me for my Rice Krispie Treat recipe. It's the basic one but with the little steps above. They make a huge difference.

When I made RK Treats today, I discovered that the recipe is not on the side of the box. It's Sponge Bob on there. Hum. The Kelloggs site has the recipe, but it's really easy.

- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bag marshmallows (not the huge bags that are out now - count 40 if necessary)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt butter and marshmallows until smooth. Add peanut butter and stir. Take off heat. Pour in Rice Krispies and stir. Lightly pat in 9 x 12 pan. Store with wax paper between layers.

If you've not had Rice Krispies in a while, grab a box. They are tasty with milk, and Rice Krispie Treats are hard to beat - quick and very yummy.

Looking for more tips and hints? See my article at Cooking Help Web with all my Rice Krispie Treat secrets:

[http://cooking.consumerhelpweb.com/kidpicks/ricekrispietreats.htm][1]

[1]: http://cooking.consumerhelpweb.com/kidpicks/ricekrispietreats.htm

Not very healthy due to High Fructose Corn Syrup

I always loved Kellogs rice crispies, especially when used to make rice crispies treats, and I used to buy them until I decided to read the ingredients:

It contain High Fructose...Read complete review

It contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, aconcentraded sugar which has been coonected in many studies with obesity and diabetes in children and many other pathologies...

No way I am going to give these to my children again, unless Kellogs decides finally to use sugar or other natural sweeteners instead of HFCS.

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

Wonderful,healthy, wholesome and downright fun! This is a great cereal for anybody, not just kids. Who doesn't know Snap, Crackle, and Pop? They are the mascots, but also the sound the cereal makes when you add milk, and they burst in your mouth. I like them dry, because I find they get too mushy too fast when you add milk. They are also a favorite of all my children, whether on milk or not. I've actually sent this cereal into school in little baggies for snacks. The absolute best thing about this is Rice Krispie treats! Who knew such a delicious treat could be made with cereal? It's so easy, just combine butter, marshmallows and Rice Krispies, heat them, and spread into a pan! Then enjoy this awesome treat! Will always eat this brand and I recommend to others!

Kellogg's rice krispies cereal is the best

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

This cereal is the best tasting rice crisp cereal that they make. It is always fresh and satisfying with milk. The price is comparable with other brand name cereals, so I get it a couple of times a year. It is great to use when making the dessert bars, because the store brand, which are a bit cheaper, are not as fresh tasting as these by Kellogg's.

Delicious treat and not just a cereal.

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

It's always hard to find the right foods to feed my 3 children. They are picky about everything, especially about breakfast. They are constantly giving me a hard time as to what they want for breakfast, which is usually nothing. However, they love the days that I feed them Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal for breakfast. They call it "the cereal that talks back to you." I usually put the a bowl full with milk and they will each finish the entire thing, which is rare for my kids to do. The fact that this cereal does not have lots of sugar in it like other cereals, I really don't mind them eating it at all. It actually makes me happy seeing that each one of them finished their entire bowl.
My kids enjoy Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal not just for breakfast in the morning with milk, but they also make them into rice kirspies treats. They mix melted marshmallow with some of the cereal and let it sit for a while. Then they eat it and enjoy it just as much as they would have if it was a real treat.
Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal is not only a delicious cereal, but it is a fun treat as well. If my kids love it, I am sure yours will too.

Rice Krispies

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal is definetly amazing! I have been eating and baking with this cereal since I was a child! While it does taste bland when your eating it in a bowl as cereal and milk, if you add sugar to it I think it tastes amazing! Mainly I love to use Rice Krispies cereal for baking purposes. I really believe that this is one of the most versatile cereals ever because there is so many different things you can make with it! Of course there's the delicious Rice Krispies treats! My son loves making homemade Rice Krispies treats with me and it's very simple to make and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. Kelloggs is also such a great brand also! They have the Kelloggs family rewards program where you enter codes from specially marked Kelloggs boxes and redeem those points for prizes or high value coupons! So it makes this cereal an even better value!

Love this product, its not just for breakfast.

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

Kellogg Rice Krispies is a long time favorite at our house. Not only is it a nutritious breakfast item, but you can use it to make fun treats, not just with marshmallow, but you can use it to cook with in main dishes. My favorite idea is substituting Rice Krispies for bread crumbs, which creates a delicious crispy coating for chicken or pork chops. A great value for your money.

I have liked this cereal for 50 years!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

What I like about this cereal so much is the simplicity of the taste without too much sugar added. It has a delicate rice flavor that appealed to me as much when I was a small child as it does to me now. And I must not forget the delightful snap crackle pop. No other cereal talks to me in the morning!

One of my favorites

from Texas City, TEXAS

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

I remember when I was a little kid this was my favorite cereal. I use to add sugar and fruit. Now my kids love it. I prefer the Kellogg's brand when making rice crispy treats. They come out sweet and soft. I have tried generic brands and they do not have the same taste. I have found an entire website online designed with recipes which call for rice crispy treats and I never realized how many ways you can use them. I now crunch them up and cover my chicken with to add crispiness. My family's favorite way to eat them is by sprinkling on top of their ice cream cones. I love the crunch that you get when you take a bite. The cereal does not look the most appealing but it is one of my favorite cereals. My kids do not realize that they are actually getting fiber and nutrients when they are eating it. They still have a sweetness about them without all the sugar. I would recommend this brand to anyone. It is a household tradition in my family.

Best healthy rice cereal there is!

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

When I want a good puffed rice cereal for breakfast or to mix with vanilla ice cream for a nice dessert I LOVE Rice Krispies! A childhood favorite that tastes so good for being such a simple cereal, you'd never know you were getting all of your important nutrients in just one bowl. Plus they're ideal when you want to make your own Rice Krispie treats in different colors!

snap crackle pop

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

I love Rice Krispies and always have. Rice Krispie treats are great; everybody loves those. The plain cereal itself is really good with milk too, and holds on to its crunch longer than many others. I just wish Kelloggs would make all of their rice cereals gluten free. I don't see much point in the malt flavoring, which is the main source of gluten contamination in this product.

rice krispies

Comments about Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal:

I bought some rice krispies cereal before, and my kids didn't like it that much. They were complaining that they are just too plain and not sweet enough. So I melted some marshmallows, butter and made them into rice krispie treats. I don't buy rice krispies cereal anymore, I sometimes buy rice krispies treats instead.