Other Cereals:
Kellogg's
Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal

Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal

A review within a review

Kellogs Raisin bran is probably the first bran cereal I've ever really liked. It was my favorite cereal for almost 20 years and is still in the top five types of cereal I'll eat. It was the amount of raisins in it that first got a hold on me. I was and still am a fruit lover and the fresh robust taste of Kellogs Raisin Brans raisins are the thing that really made me fall in love with the cereal. I'm not a health nut; by any stretch of the imagination, and never really associated raisin bran with health food. But, I can tell you; after so many years of breakfasting on it,I can tell that my day isn't quite right if I eat a different type of breakfast.

I've recently discovered a new raisin bran that has become my new breakfast cereal. Millville Raisin bran has quite a bit more raisins in it than kellogs and actually doesn't get soggy as fast. I find myself still crunching bran flakes at the end of my bowl of cereal. Something that doesn't usually happen with kellogs. But to be fair, the raisins in millvilles raisin bran are a little tougher to chew. Although that could only be seeming that way because of the amount of them in the box. Every box I've had has seemed to be slammed full of raisins. I'm a raisin lover and Millville has turned me on! Although Kellogs will always be my first love.

Very poor quality for PRODUCT OF MEXICO Raisin Bran

Bad news. I've always loved Kellogg's Raisin Bran and considered it the best. Sadly, I need to report it WAS best but now it is very inferior. Bought box at Publix. Stale flacks, not crunchy, very few raisins. Returned it. Bought box at Wal-Mart. Same experience. Can't eat it. No comparison to the former product, which was great. Label on side of package reads "PRODUCT OF MEXICO". Serious quality control problems at that plant apparently. A web search reveals many others have had similar bad experience (with some variations) with this "PRODUCT OF MEXICO" Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal. Beware!

Very poor quality for PRODUCT OF MEXICO Raisin Bran

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

Kellogg's raisin bran cereal is great

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

Kellogg's raisin brand cereal tastes great and is the first choice in our household. There are plenty of raisins and crunch to this cereal, and it does not get soggy quickly. The cost is acceptable, though the store brands are usually cheaper but do get soggier quicker. I always have a box of this in my house.

A huge fan!

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

I am a huge fan of Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal. While most people will turn it down, I absolutely love it! I love the bran flakes in it. They have the best texture and are very crunchy. The raisins in them are soft, sweet, and preserved very well. The cereal is sweet enough without any added sugar. The best part about Raisin Bran is that it is one of the best cereals for you, health-wise!

Yummy and healthy cereal

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

We love Kellogg's Raisin Bran at my house. It is really healthy and contains a lot of fiber and tons of real Raisins. It helps keep you regular, without taking any laxatives. It has a great taste and not only is it great to have for breakfast, but we make really yummy bran muffins with it!

You actually get a good amount of raisins in this cereal

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

I remember my dad eating Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal while I was thinking how could someone like healthy cereal, I was only 8 or so. Now I find myself at the table eating the same cereal that my dad did. I really like that they put a good amount of raisins in the cereal.

Two scoops of deliciousness.

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

Kellogg's Raisin Bran has a great flavor and texture with its crisp wheat bran flakes and chewy raisins. It isn't a highly sweetened cereal, but it gets a good burst of sweetness from the raisins. It is a fairly filling and satisfying cereal with its great taste and the fiber of the flakes and raisins.

I think of myself now as a connoisseur of raisin brans.

from Palm Harbor, FL

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

I think of myself now as a connoisseur of raisin brans. The quality of the last few boxes of Raisin Bran I purchased was excellent. The flakes were crisp, the raisins in separate pieces rather than clumped together and were not too hard. In some brands the raisins seem hard to me and do not soften in milk. This was not the case in this brand. Kellogg's Raisin Bran has plenty of raisins. The raisins are covered in sugar, but the flakes are not. he multitude of raisins are like little bursts of joyful flavor in my mouth. Overall Kellogg's is less sweet which is good. I found the product is plenty sweet enough. No need to add extra sugar. A lot of the sugar in the cereal comes from the raisins so keep that in mind as you look at the nutrition label. I also like that it doesn't have any added coloring, like some cereals that have "imitation strawberries" etc. Overall, a great cereal, with some fiber to fill you up. I would recommend this product.

Filling and satisfying breakfast food

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

Personally enjoy this product. There's always quite a bit quantity wise, and it's quite filling. It's made with the right amount of sweetness and grain for my taste buds. I've eaten this cereal for other meals as well. It's great when using most fruits as an additive, and doesn't require a lot of milk to enjoy as well.

The One & Only Raisin Brand:

from Flint, MI

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

This is the only cold cereal I eat. It has bran, lot's of raisins and great taste. If you want a cereal that's good for you and tastes good this is it. The 2 scoops of raisins gives you fruit for the day.

Way better than generic brands!

from Salem, SC

Comments about Kellogg's Raisin Bran Cereal:

When it comes to most cereal, I have no problem buying the generic version. I would rather save money and most generics taste as good as the name brand. When it comes to Raisin Bran, this is not the case. There is a much better taste in **Kellogg's **Raisin Bran. There are more raisins (gotta love the 2 scoops lol) and the flakes don't taste as dried-out as the other brands. I know that statement sounds weird considering it's a dry cereal, but for some reason milk doesn't seem to be able to penetrate the flakes in the generic brand as well as it does in Kelloggs. I love the sweetness of the raisins mixed with the taste of the flakes. It's a great combination without making the cereal overly sweet. The only thing about the cereal that I wish was better is the price.