Other Snacks & Cookies:
Snack Bars
Kellogg's FiberPlus
Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar

Summary

With every deliciously drizzled bite, you’ll experience a scrumptious blend of chocolate chips and whole grains on a rich chocolatey layer! And each bar contains 35% of your daily fiber, plus antioxidants vitamin E and zinc. Kellogg's FiberPlus™ Chocolate Chip bars put great taste back into high fiber snacking. See below for nutritional information: Serving size1 bar Calories120 Total Fat 4g Dietary Fiber 9g Also available in Dark Chocolate Almond and Chocolatey Peanut Butter.

Pros

Cons

With All That Fiber, I Get to Read More!

There was a time most of us didn't get enough fiber in our diets and we had an excuse, or so we thought.  There just wasn't that much out there we wanted to eat that had fiber in it!  Sure, there have always been beans, but, hey, remember the campfire scene in **Blazing Saddles**?  Nobody wants to be part of that!  Raspberries are high in fiber, but, how many of THOSE have you ever seen on a Big Mac? Split Peas, Lentils, Black Beans, Lima Beans?  Never seen a cake with those things in it!  Shoot those were the foods that, if mom put them on our plates, not only would we look at her like she was some kind of nut bar (probably a high fiber nut bar), but we almost would rather sat at the table staring at them all night than actually eat them.  Mom went away from the table mad and we went away hungry.  Lose-lose situation right there.

These days, we've NO excuse for not getting our daily allotment of fiber because someone found out it's really, really good for us and, since Americans tend to not get enough fiber in their diets (less than 10% of us do, by most accounts), the way to reverse that trend was to make foods we like with more fiber in them.  Just go to the grocery store and you can find a high fiber version of just about anything from grape juice to cheese.  To date, Little Debbie has pretty much refrained from fiberin' up her snacks.  So, I have to eat my Little Debbie cake PLUS something with fiber.

Fortunately there is now a product on the market that tastes good like Little Debbie cakes, but has 35% of the fiber we need on a daily basis!  I'm talking about **Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chocolate Chip bar**.

Yes, there is already a pretty good fiber bar out there by General Mills under the brand name **Fiber One** and I review that [here][1] .    The Kellogg bar is a new product claiming to be even better for us and better tasting.  As for the taste thing, let me tell you, both bars are pretty good.

I would say the **Fiber Plus** bar has a sweeter taste and is more moist than **Fiber One**, making it seem less like fiber and more like a snack.  The Fiber One bar has more of a "granola" consistency.

Both have a lot of the same ingredients, Chicory Root, Crisp Rice Cereal, Rolled Oats and a lot of stuff most of us don't know and don't really care to know.  Kellogg's claims the **Fiber Plus** bar is made with whole grains whereas General Mills makes no such claim, at least not that I could find.  They look so similar, it might be tough to tell them apart side-by-side.

Nutritionally, The** Fiber Plus** bar comes in at 4g of Total Fat, exactly the same as **Fiber One** with each having 0g trans fat.  Fiber Plus has 120 calories, 20 less than the other bar, but since it weighs 4grams less (1.2 vs Fiber One's 1.4) that probably accounts for that difference.  Same is probably true for its 26g of carbs vs Fiber One's 29g.  Both bars have exactly the same amount of the key ingredient, fiber, with 9 grams each (35% of the recommended daily allowance).

Kellogg's does tout one advatange over **Fiber One** and that's the inclusion of the antioxidants vitamin E and zinc.  Now "antioxidant" has been a buzz word for a while, and the short of it is, and antioxidant is a substance that slows or prevents oxidation in our molecules and it's believed be these antioxidants can help prevent cancer and heart disease, among other things.  Vitamin E is essential to the proper function of our central nervous system and zinc is essential for a healthy immune system.

**THE BOTTOM LINE**

Kellogg's new **FiberPlus Chocolate Chip** bars tastes great and will satisfy a chocolate lover's (and I am a card carrying chocolate lover, thank you) craving.  It's plenty good for you, but a little small, meaning you might be tempted to eat more than one at a sitting.  But, that's ok, if you eat three of them every day you will get to spend a lot of time in the "reading room".  Just think, with **Kellogg's FiberPlus Chocolate Chip** bar, you can be regular AND well-read!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/General-Mills-Fiber-One-Oats-Chocolate-Chewy-Bars-review-ef613

Kelloggs FiberPlus Chocolate Chip Bar- chocolaty!!!

Received this bar in the mail today.  Shared it with my husband and daughter to see what they thought.  My daughter (2 1/2 years old) said "Yummy Mommy, more chocolate!"  My husband didn't think it was that great.  I thought it was good but it was REALLY chocolatey.  If you are looking for a chocolate fix without a ton of guilt then this would be a great product for you.  If you are looking for something that tastes more whole grain and healthy then this would be an item that you would probably want to pass on.

If I was able to get them for really cheap with sales and coupons I would get them, otherwise I would pass.

from Georgia

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

I love the taste of Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars. They not only give me the healthy nutrients I need, such as zinc and vitamin E, but they also give me a delicious, chewy granola snack that prevents me from being hungry. Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars have a great chocolate chip taste and they are very chewy. I love how these bars have fiber in them as well. I can eat a couple of these and fill full. I don't have to worry about consuming too many calories or consuming too much of the snack. I highly recommend this snack to anyone who wants a healthy, delicious chocolate snack that will give them the nutrients they need to stay healthy and lose weight. I love these granola bars and the added fiber, vitamin E and zinc nutrients. I also love the taste of the chocolate chips and granola. These are very delicious!

Tastes Like A Candy Bar

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

The Kellogg's Chocolate Chip Chewy Fiber Bars are scrumptious. They taste like a mix between a chocolate chip cookie and a Snickers candy bar. I tend to grab me one as an afternoon or after school snack. I usually eat a late dinner and need a healthy, but delicious snack to hold me over until then. They have tons of fiber, antioxidants, and other good for you things, so don't worry about feeling guilty after indulging in one. This snack will leave you filling full and happy!

A Quick Way To Consume Daily Fiber Intake.

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

Kellogg's is a very trusted brand. They give us many different kind of quality food products, lots of which we start our day off with. I always find it harder and harder to find delicious ways to keep fiber in my diet. Sometimes you get sick of the same old, same old stuff. If you are like me, this can happen frequently. Kellogg's has made it simple to consume 35% of your daily fiber in just one sitting....or standing! You even get to have chocolate with it. It is a chewy chocolate chip granola fiber bar with a chocolate drizzle. It is delicious. They come in boxes of 8 count or so, I believe. This would have to be one the best and one of the easiest ways to get your daily fiber intake. If you end up not liking this kind, try the next flavor on the shelf! You are bound to run into something from the Kellogg's fiber selection. It is a healthy choice and a very smart choice at that. Overall, I would recommend Kellogg's to anyone who needs some fiber in their diet.

Scrumptious Treat

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

Kellogg's FiberPlus Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars are so good. They have a nice consistency-not too chewy and not too hard. They include oat and rice cereal, chocolate chips, and a few other ingredients. Everything blends together really well and the chocolate tastes wonderful. It is real chocolate! They really cure a sweet tooth or chocolate craving. I can eat one and stick to my diet, instead of cheating and grabbing a fattening candy bar! The best part is that they help you with your fiber intake and include antioxidants. They are only 120 calories a piece.

Love these bars.

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

My family absolutely loves these bars. Not only are they healthy, providing both the antioxidants and fiber, but they taste great as well. Even my teenages love them. They were skeptical at first, but now they are a regular on my grocery list. Crunchy yet chewy.

My kids think they are candy bars.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

I have 3 children. Two big boys and one daughter. They, like most kids, love candy, chocolate and sweets. And I, like many parents, don't want them to over indulge. Kellogg's Fiber Plus Chocolate Chip Chewy Bars have become our happy medium. Because two of my children are still very young, I tell them that these are the good candy bars. They don't really know about health benefits quite yet but I honestly feel much better about allowing them to snack on these instead of the more traditional candy bars. I enjoy them quite often too. Because my job is quite demanding at times, I don't often get out to eat a traditional lunch. I keep a stock of these in my office drawer. They are really tasty too. They have more bulk than a traditional granola bar. I can't taste or detect any fiber in them. I know that was one of my major concerns prior to trying them. They are not chalky or tough to chew. The chocolate is authentic and doesn't taste oo sweet. It has a basic granola taste to it but with more staying power. My only gripe is actually more of a word of caution. When I eat several of these in any one day, I get a bit of an over full or bloated feeling that I don't like. Overall, I enjoy them very much. I limit my consumption to no more than 1 in any 24 hour period. That is what works for me.

A good snack for all

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

This is a solid granola bar snack with a nice sweet chocolate taste. The goal of the snack is to add fiber to your diet and it does a decent job of that, however this can be enjoyed by anyone not just fiber-seekers. Because of the name brand, this is a little expensive so it might be worth finding a coupon for or buying on sale.

I eat this all the time.

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

One may think that this is healthy, not tasty and too good to be true. Well, it is true and it is delicious. It's easy to eat and soft, unlike some Nature Valley bars. It can be a light breakfast for on the go or a nice snack. I eat this and I recommend this product.

Its a good product, Just not for everyone....

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

I am on Weight Watchers, and since I love to snack and I love chocolate, and the points was not that munch, I tried them, to find out that I had terrible bad smelly gas, and bloating and it did not last 1 day it lasted 3-4 days! and I was soooooo constipated that I had to buy a laxative. To find out I can not eat any of the snack bars that have fiber. The only one I can have is Special K snack Bars. I don't know if this is because I have IBS? I'm not sure but definitely look at the fiber grams, on labels. So next time it wont be a surprise with these symptoms.

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmy!!!!!!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar:

Kelloggs fiber snack!! It's match made in heaven. I love how it choclately yet healthy because it helps your immune system and it also has alot of calcium.I recommend this tasty snack to anybody who wants to start eating healthy or people who love to go on nature walks can take these with them for a tasty treat or reward! This can also be a good snack for teens who do sports, moms can pack a nice healthy snack with Kelloggs fiber snacks in it. It's also recommended for moms who have a long day ahead of them write after dropping there kids of to school or wen their at home. This snack comes in various flavors but my favorite has to be chocolate marshmallow :] yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmy.!!!! This snack is awesome ! But I hate that I have to share it with people wen I'm eating it I wish people didn't ask it's too good to share lol.