Other Snacks & Cookies:
Snack Bars
Kellogg's FiberPlus
Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar

Summary

setTimeout(function() {$$("img[src='/images/review/2009/82/16/1237844888-83199_full.jpg']").invoke("hide");},6000);

Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar

Pros

Cons

Delicious, nutritious and filling snack

**Kellogg's Fiber Plus Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bars** are delicious and good for you to! **Kellogg's Fiber Plus **bars contain thirty five percent of the daily recommended fiber intake. They also contain Antioxidants Vitamin E and Zinc. And there are also seven grams of whole grains and added Calcium for strong bones.

At only one hundred and thirty calories per bar and only five grams of total fat. You could eat these all day long and not have to worry about looking like your pregnant in a week. With three flavors to chose from at least they give you some kind of variety.

The only one I have tried is the **Chocolatey Peanut Butte**r. I want to try the* Dark Chocolate Almond* next. I paid three fifty for a box of five at Stater Bros. Apparently I was not the only one who liked them, when I went to get one the other night I found it was the very last one, LOL.

Hey, at least they're eating healthy, right?

I love keeping these around as a great snack. I always get a sugar craving right before bed and especially after dinner has settled, LOL, so these satisfy that bothersome craving while not really adding unwanted, unshakable calories. Plus if you can't cook up a quick meal you can grab one of these for on the go!

Some ingredients could easily be omitted for a healthier product

Kellogg's FiberPlus Chocolate Chip bar has a good selection of healthy ingredients in it, but some could still be omitted for an even healthier product. I'm a label reader and normally would not purchase an item with listed ingredients such as "BHT for freshness," "confectioner's glaze (shellac, hydrogenated coconut oil)," "fructose," hydrogenated vegetable oils (3 listed), and crisp rice cereal that included sugar and salt. For example, the sugar could be replaced by stevia herb. I really don't like eating products that contain hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Otherwise there were healthier ingredients in this fiber bar than I normally see in an energy bar. I normally do not eat crunchy-type bars because of missing teeth, and do not like things that are overly "crunchy," but this bar actually was fairly easy to chew and tasted good as well. I also don't see why manufacturers will have several good-for-you ingredients in a product, then turn right around and stick in extra sugars or preservatives, hoping people won't pay attention to them. If you're going to use some healthy ingredients, why not go all the way and make them all super-healthy and less sugary?

Sweet Treat

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I am a big fan of Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Chocolately Peanut Butter Bars! They taste delicious and are healthy! These bars include a dark chocolate coating on the bottom, small chocolate chips scattered throughout a tasty oat mixture, and the top is drizzled in chocolate. Perfect for the chocolate-lover! The bars also include some roasted almonds, I love that these bars provide me a way to get more fiber. I do not like to take fiber mixes and other disgusting concoctions to try and increase my fiber intake. These bars provide the perfect way for me to add fiber to my diet! They are delicious! They also take care of any chocolate cravings that I might have. I eat two or three a week-the box warns you to be careful as you increase your fiber intake.

My favorite snack bar!

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I was hesitant to try the Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar, having had many fiber bars in the past that tasted bad. These bars however, provided a great, delicious taste while providing a filling, healthy bar that helps me to reach my daily fiber requirements. These bars were well priced as well, and gives me the fuel I need to keep going until the work day is over.

Great for the outdoors!

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I like to try a wide variety of granola or power bars for my outdoor activities. We go camping and hiking all the time so we are constantly buying granola bars. We saw the Kellogg's Fiber Plus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar and decided to try it. It tastes really like peanut butter with milk chocolate added on top. It does give you a kick of energy when you are out hiking.

Great tasting, very filling.

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I'm usually a little skeptical of products that advertise their fiber content on the front of the box, but I decided to take a chance on this product as was glad I did. It has a very good peanut butter and chocolate flavor and tastes mostly like a candy bar. The texture is a little different (a little grittier) than other granola bars, because it is fiber enhanced. It wasn't unpleasant, but it was noticeable. Overall, each bar has 120 calories, 9g fiber, 5g of fat, 7g sugar, and 3g of protein. It makes a very satisfying snack and a nice quick breakfast if coupled with milk and/or fruit.

Great way to treat

from New Jersey

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

Great source of fiber and delicious! We all know staying on the right track is hard especially with temptation everywhere. I've found this is a great way to curb my sweet cravings while helping me control that hunger. I love that there is a variety of yummy flavors to pick from.

Didn't think a granola bar with extras would taste good.

from Wilton Manors, FL

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I normally shy away from anything that specializes itself as "enhanced" for some kind of health reason. From experience, products with extra fiber, or calcium or nutritional boosts usually taste like chemicals and cardboard. That’s why I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Fiber Bar actually tasted really good.

It was slightly crunchy from the puffed rice, and slightly chewy from the oat/granola flakes, but not too dense or too light. A lot of those bars tend to stick in your teeth or leave a fuzzy feeling in your mouth, but not this one. The chocolate flavor was awesome, just enough for a good taste but not so that it felt like a candy bar.

I honestly wouldn’t have known it was a health-enhanced bar without the wrapper, it just tasted like a normal granola-with-chocolate style bar, and I’m perfectly fine with that! I’d definitely pick up another one of these, they’re great to kill the hunger pains between breakfast and lunch, or as a mid-afternoon snack. I just had mine to tide me over until lunch at work.

love it!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

This is like a candybar but alot healthier.  Great taste and full of antioxidants and fiber.  This is a good morning snack to take to work.  Keeps you full till lunch time.  Great snack for the chocolate lover!

Yummy

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

My mom and dad are not health good gurus by any sense of the word, so I was surprised to find these in their cupboard last time I went to visit.  My mom had stocked some in the guest room where we were staying and for the first few days I steered clear of them, but one day I got crazy hungry and decided to try one expecting the worst.  Now, I didn't know if I really liked it because I was really hungry or if it was just really good so when I got back home I picked up a box and kept it in my pantry, it only last a day or two and then between my hubby and me the whole box was gone.  They are very yummy, good texture, good taste, good chocolatety taste.

As far as being healthy I have no idea if they are good for me or not.  I didn't notice if the fiber helped out in the area that fiber usually helps out but I don't think it did me any harm in that area.  So, I'm going to say that it is worth it and you can usually find coupons for them so they are not very expensive to buy.

Great substitute for a candy bar

from Elmendorf, TX

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

FiberPlus Chocolatey Peanut Butter chewy bars are delicious. When I'm craving chocolate candy, I grab one of these instead. I don't always eat well so it's nice to know that I'm getting fiber, antioxidants, vitamin E, and zinc...all in one yummy bar. My children think these are the greatest things around and that makes me happy.

This is my new favorite snack bar

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Kellogg's FiberPlus - Antioxidants Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bar:

I used a coupon that made this snack bar very affordable.  I was really surprised that this bar taste better than Fiber One bars - my previous favorite.  I think these bar really taste as good as a candy bar, but have fewer calories and fiber.  Now I have to be on the lookout for more good coupons.