Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs

Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs

from TN

Comments about Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs:

Kellogg cornflake crumbs have an incredible texture and taste. I have used them in several of my favorite dessert dishes, dressings and to coat chicken and pork chops. These cornflake crumbs brown evenly in all my dishes and never stick to my pans or get soggy.

Bake Crispy Chicken & Chops with Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs:

Kellogg's Corn Flakes has been a staple in many homes over the years. **Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** has been my staple for baking crispy chicken and pork.

**Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** is one of the few meat coatings on the market today which doesn't contain monosodium glutamate, better known as MSG. Depending upon the box, some contain the preservative TBHQ which is a plant based preservative. The box I presently have, contains BHT which is Butylated-Hydroxytoluene. BHT is a synthetic antioxidant used on the paper liner to stabilize fats and oils and protect flavor. No, I am not a science major, but I obtained this information by contacting the Kellogg Company!

Another reason I would not buy any other coating mix is that **Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** contain no spices. Salt and pepper or a seasoned salt may be added if desired. I don't care for anything spicy, so this coating mix is the perfect bland choice for me.

**Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** is available in a 21 oz. box. Because we usually grill our meat, I like to make "faux" fried chicken breast and pork chops every once in a while. I never fry any type of food due to my husband's low-fat diet, but baking with **Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** tastes very close to frying. The meat is corn crisped, tender and juicy.

The box of **Kellogg's Corn Flakes Crumbs** I presently have is a product of Canada. Kellogg's produces the corn flake crumbs in either the U.S.A., Canada, or Mexico.

I am not a wonderful cook by all means, but I will explain how I prepare great tasting chicken breast and pork chops using **Kellogg's Corn** **Flake Crumbs:**

Line a shallow cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

Spray Pam Cooking Spray on the aluminum foil

Pour a small can of Carnation's Fat Free canned milk into a bowl.

Pour 1/3 of a box of **Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs** onto a dinner plate.

(Season the crumbs if desired)

Trim all fat from chicken breasts or lean pork chops.

Dip the meat into the canned milk.

Place the meat onto the **Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs**.

Using a tablespoon, scoop crumbs on top of meat and press down to coat well

Place meat on foil lined pan.

Spray Pam Spray on top of the meat.

Bake boneless chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes

(For bone-in chicken pieces, bake at 350 degrees for one hour)

Bake 3/4 " pork chops at 375 degrees for 30 minutes

Baking times will vary according to thickness

Check to make sure chicken and pork are completely cooked and not pink in center.

**Nutrition Facts:**

Total Carbs: 29g

Dietary Fiber: less than 1g

Sugars: 3g

Protein 2g

My husband tells everyone the only thing I can make well are reservations. My crispy baked chicken and chops are a close second!

Thank you for reading my review.

** **