Other Snacks & Cookies:
Keebler
Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers

Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers

I love crackers and pretzels and I love FlipSides!

**Quick View:** I could probably live forever without sweet snacks but would go crazy without salty ones. I love pretzels and crackers so, when I saw **TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers**, I bought a box in original and cheddar. They are really good although the pretzel side is really not truly a pretzel. Still, YUM!

***My Take on Keebler TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers***

These oval crackers have a cracker on one side and what looks to be a pretzel on the other. The pretzel side is really just a thin pretzel coating but it still tastes great. These snacks come in original and cheddar flavors. I like the cheddar a LOT. What beats cheese with crackers?

The boxes are 11.7 ounces and have a load of crackers inside. They are in a waxed paper bag in the box and you will find some broken crackers. I wish there was a way to avoid that. A serving size is just five crackers but there is no way most people can stop at that amount. I often can't. Five crackers contain 70 calories and 3.5 grams of fat which is not bad IF you stop at five. Still, if you eat 10, you don't really do that much damage at 140 calories and 7 grams of fat. Five cracker/pretzel combos have 190 grams of sodium, 8% of the RDA for a healthy adult. I am encouraged to eat salty foods because I have low blood pressure so I don't stress the sodium content in most foods. However, those on sodium restricted diets obviously should take heed.

These snacks are really good. They are crunchy and delicious. They taste like crackers and pretzels and the cheddar flavor doesn't need any dip or topping at all. They are complete snacks. The original flavor is also very good but a little bland. I would prefer to add a topping or a dip to them.

**TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers** are good for parties. They're different from the usual crackers and pretzels but they are also pricier. I buy a box of the cheddar variety for myself and hoard them. I eat five and struggle not to eat five or 10 more. My son, meanwhile, just grabs a big handful and gulps them down. AHHH!

These cracker/pretzels taste really good and are different. They are pricier than pretzels by a fair amount and than many crackers but not by a huge amount. The taste makes up for the extra cost, in my opinion.

***My Viewpoints***

I eat healthy most of the time. I watch calories and fat all the time. Still, I will not give up my salty snacks! **Keebler TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers** are a great tasting snack that give me the satisfaction of a cracker and the taste of a pretzel in one. The cheddar variety also gives me the cheese flavor I love. ***4 stars***.

Keebler Townhouse Flipsides: An Acceptable Alternative

Crackers are a household essential and they are great for their versatility. They can be served along with cheese or lunchmeat on a snack tray, added to soup, or just eaten one by one, as a general snack food. Most crackers are similar, but there are few that offer something a little different from the norm and one example is **Townhouse Flipsides Original**, a combination cracker/pretzel.**Cracker Commentary:**Townhouse Flipsides Original are small, oval- shaped crackers that look similar to ordinary Townhouse crackers, except that Flipsides are slightly smaller and have a curved shape. They are called Flipsides because one side features an ordinary cracker while the other side features a pretzel- like coating. This dual taste offers consumers the salty, baked taste sensation of a pretzel followed by the taste of butter and a standard Townhouse cracker. ** **I consider crackers a household essential and I was initially attracted to Townhouse Flipsides Original due to their dual nature. I like pretzels and I like Townhouse crackers, so this seemed like a good product to sample. Upon opening the package, the first thing I noticed is that these are not flat, like a regular Townhouse cracker. Keebler decided instead to make these crackers with a slight curve. They are also a little bit smaller than regular Townhouse crackers and while neither of these characteristics is necessarily bad, it isn't quite what I expected. Next came the most important test: The taste. In the flavor department, Townhouse Flipsides Original are okay, but not necessarily as great as I expected. As I said, I like pretzels and I like crackers, but I honestly like crackers a little more than pretzels and I felt the salty pretzel flavor was a little too dominant with this cracker. I would have preferred something more balanced or something that leans toward the cracker end of the taste spectrum. One nice fact about crackers is that they are versatile. They can be served with all sorts of dips, toppings, etc., and are commonly added to soups. Townhouse Flipsides Original crackers, however, are not quite as versatile as an ordinary Townhouse cracker and are not as easily served in different capacities. I have tried these crackers with slices of cheese and I definitely prefer the taste of an ordinary Townhouse cracker to these Flipside crackers. The same is true with cold meat and peanut butter- both taste better with regular Townhouse crackers. Yes, you can still substitute Flipsides if you wish, but the pretzel character does not match up as well with these other foods. One exception is soup- I found that these crackers do taste pretty good in a bowl of soup, particularly beef- flavored soups.

**My Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Townhouse Flipsides Original are a decent cracker product, and I would venture to guess that most consumers will at least find them acceptable. They aren't bad and I still like having them around for a change of pace, but they cannot replace the taste of a good ol' reliable Townhouse or Ritz cracker. The lack of versatility and the over- emphasis on the taste of a pretzel makes this cracker an average one overall.

Flipsides: Original and Delicious

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I've never really been a fan of pretzels, but I do love crackers. My mother had us over for an afternoon and she offered us a tray of goodies where she served Flipsides. Of course I tried them and liked them so much I asked what brand they were. She told me and I have bought them for my own household. They are crunchy and delicious and taste like pretzels but are not hard or too salty. They work with cheese or deli meat or dip. They don't get soggy or stale just sitting on the snack tray like some others either. My kids and husband liked them a lot. I would buy them even if they only had the pretzel side because they are that good. They are also easy to carry on the go. They are not expensive and I'm sure they will be around for a long time. Good crackers!

A nice and different option.

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I tried the FlipSides Pretzel Crackers one day when I was looking for a different kind of cracker. These crackers provide a great alternative option for anyone that is tired of the traditional cracker. I actually prefer these crackers to the more traditional option and feel like they are a great balance between crunchy and salty. These crackers are a little more expensive than other crackers, but they taste much better. My biggest concern with trying these crackers was if they were going to taste like a pretzel at all, and they most definitely do!

Not a fan!

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I am not a fan of Keebler TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers! I love pretzels and crackers, but together they're too much! You lose the goodness of the cracker to the saltiness of the pretzel. I also find that the two textures do not go together at all! I prefer mine separately. Also, you can't find a good dip that goes with this! I do not recommend them!

Pretzel crackers? No thanks!

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I was not a fan of this product. One side is pretzel, the other side is a cracker. It is an interesting concept, but I don't think the concept works in reality. If the whole thing was a pretzel cracker it might taste pretty good, however it is a mixture of cracker and pretzel and is just awkward. I would pass on this if I were you!

addictive

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

These things are so d*** good they're addictive. REALLY addictive, as in more so than Cheezits. I'm gluten free now for health reasons, but before I was so hooked on these. I could polish off a box by myself. They're not really like a cracker or a pretzel. They're sort of their own thing. The taste is complex enough on it's own that they don't really call for toppings. They're delightfully crispy, and are the best of two snack food worlds. I highly recommend them.

Tasty and great with dips!

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

Keebler's Townhouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers combine the great taste of a regular, buttery cracker with a salty pretzel! They are great for dipping or holding cheese or spreads because they are so durable. Everyone in my house loves these. We love to add ham or chicken salad to them.

Butter cracker on one side and pretzel on the other.

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

Keebler TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers are pretty good. They are a good sized oval shaped cracker that hold up well to dips and cheese. I personally don't really care for the butter cracker and pretzel combination though. Although a lot of people I know really like them.

The pretzel flavor doesn't fit this product!

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I tried the Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers to have as a snack around the house. I love the regular townhouse cracker taste and figured that with pretzels it would be very good. The pretzel taste really does not fit with the original cracker. Could be much better.

Best of both worlds

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

These interesting snacks are definitely worth a try for any pretzel or cracker fan. Somehow the best of crackers and pretzels make their way into these salty snacking treats. The one side is mostly cracker, but the backside is somehow a cracker shaped pretzel. Amazing range of flavors as well. Good stuff.

Good all by themselves

Comments about Keebler - TownHouse FlipSides Pretzel Crackers:

I was surprised with these crackers. I didn't think they would taste very good at all, but one day my mom gave me one to try and I loved them! The regular ones have a perfect butter like flavor and the other kinds have just the right amount of seasoning. My two young daughters even think these crackers are great and they are picky eaters. The price isn't too high either.