Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Kate Somerville
Kate Somerville Exfolikate

Kate Somerville Exfolikate

Where were you all my life Kate Somerville Exfolikate?

from Buffalo, NY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Kate Somerville Exfolikate:

Yes, started as a sample. And actually was scared to use it too fast that I barely used any product initially because the results were soo amazing. I look fabulous after using this. LOL! I REALLY like the results and it makes everything work better--face cream and make up

Many stores that carry this line offer the product in varying sizes, so you are able to try it without spending a lot initially. A very small amount is all that you need-- I use approximately the size of a dime and the bottle tends to last for quite awhile, and makes my skin look fabulous!

I have found that the texture of my skin is more healthy. I have sang the praises of Kate many times before and am glad that Veiwpoints allows me to share my experience with this product to others. It really is worth it-- whether you start with the smaller size and move your way up to the jumbo-will-last-a-lifetime sized bottle, it is something that I feel any person can benefit from : )

Obviously a celebrity dermatologist

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Kate Somerville Exfolikate:

Kate Somerville's products never fail to impress me, and the Exfolikate is no exception. It is unique in the idea that you don't have to scrub your face like traditional exfoliants. All I do is distribute it and leave it on for a few seconds and then wash it off. It is intensive but gentle. You don't have to do any actual work (scrubbing) but it is still so powerful in that it exfoliates, makes pores tighter, and really makes you glow. I love the smell of it. It smells kind of herby and almost tasty. I have used exfoliators before this one and nothing compares. This one is not abrasive and as I said, you don't  have to scrub it in. The problems, however,are the container and price for the amount. I have the pump container in which you have to press down to expel the product, but sometimes it just doesn't work and you have to press down multiple times to no avail. Also, it is really expensive for 1.7 oz. Depending on how much you use it, you may have enough for the long run as less is definitely more with this exfoliator.

Best facial exfoliator on the market.

from Sumas, WA

Comments about Kate Somerville Exfolikate:

This product is a must have in my facial care routine.  This is a facial exfoliator that removes dead and old skin cells via two ways.  First, it exfoliates chemically with fruit enzymes, like pineapple and papaya.  The other way is through tiny exfoliating beads, which physically remove dead skin cells.

I originally tried this product because I was given a stash of samples with a purchase I made from Sephora.  I thought that this product was like all other facial exfoliators on the market, and used it the first time without thinking it would be anything other than ordinary.  The next morning, my face was radiant and glowing.  Even my boyfriend noticed!  I knew that I had to have this product, but was dettered by the high price.  I spent a couple of months, looking for a cheaper dupe of this.  However, I soon discovered that I would not find a product this effective at a lower price.  I even tried mashing up pineapple pieces and using it on my face, followed by St. Ives apricot scrub (pineapple enzymes + exfoliating beads= exfolikate?  Not quite...)

My skin type is oily, and I build up a lot of dead, scaly skin around my chin and nose.  This product does such a good job of removing that.  Plus, when I wake up in the morning, my face looks like its glowing.  This product can be used 1-2 times a week.  I would recommend this product for people with a similar skin type to mine.  I would be a bit leery about using this product if your skin is really dry or sensitive, because it could irritate it, as it is quite strong.  Also, when using it, it only needs to sit on your skin (after rubbing it on your face in small circles) for 20-30 seconds.  Like I said earlier, this product is expensive, but it really works, and a little goes a long way.