Other Snacks & Cookies:
Kashi
Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies

Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies

I got my free sample and MMM, it's a very good cookie

I received my free sample of the "Kashi Dark Chocolate and Oatmeal Cookie" today. Woo Hoo!! It is (was) very tasty. I ate it as soon as I got it and I'm sorry to say that I didn't share with my hubby (I told him I had to eat the whole thing, so I could do a review on it...hehehehe)

About the cookie:

It is a regular sized chewy cookie packed full of dark chocolate chips. It tasted very fresh, almost like homemade. The oatmeal part of the cookie has a buttery taste with a good texture. The dark chocolate chips are semi-sweet and are packed full of flavor.

The cookie has a total of 130 calories, 21 grams of carbs and 8 grams of sugar. It also has 3 grams of fiber and 0 grams of trans fat (which is what I look at...I don't look at the calories...LOL). It's made with 7 whole grains and is all natural.

My thoughts:

I really liked the "Kashi Dark Chocolate and Oatmeal Cookie" and I will be buying some, now that I have sampled one. I have to admit it does have a lot of calories for only 1 cookie and if you are counting calories it may not be the cookie for you. As for me...I say the HECK with the calories....give me the cookies.

Go to Kashi and get your FREE COOKIE now!

Kashi is running a promotion right now where you can try one of their cookies free.  I literally just requested mine last week and it arrived today.  That's fast!  I'm eating it as I type this.

I have to say, it tastes more like bread to me than a cookie.  It doesn't taste bad, but the taste isn't as sweet as a cookie either.  I received the Oatmeal Dark Chocolate, and while you certainly taste the dark chocolate, the "cookie" part is what tastes like bread to me.  Wheat Bread.  It's different, but I like it.

The size of the cookie is pretty decent.  It's about the size of a Pepperidge Farm cookie.  The ingredients are wheast, oats, rice, barley, brown rice, buckwheat, sesame seeds, and chocolate.  Also, several other things that I either can't pronounce, or don't care about.  You get the picture though.  The cookie is meant to be a healthy snack.

Once cookie contains 5 grams of fat.  That doesn't sound all that low fat to me.  Neither does the 130 calories that are in the cookie.  But they are cholesterol free and that's surprising since it contains chocolate.

I haven't been online to check the price yet, but being that they're from Kashi, they're probably not cheap.  But then again, healthier food is usually more expensive.

Natural.healthy,and a treat.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

These cookies are such a treat and so healthy at the same time.They have seven whole grains.The chocolate chips they use are high quality and don't taste like chemicals like they tend to with other cookies.They are a balance between crunchy and chewy.I sometimes even eat them for breakfast because the ingredients are so healthy.It's the equivalent of eating a bowl of whole grain cereal.It has a low amount of sugar.Like seven grams.That's impressive for a cookie.So it isn't unhealthy like other cookies are.Just a healthy treat or even breakfast.

A winner!

from Iowa City, IA

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

This is a tasty indulgence that you cannot feel guilty about.  Chewy, rich, and chocolaty treat, and one cookie is satisfying.  I love how Kashi consistently comes out with new ways to make tasty products which are loaded with fiber, protein, and healthy calories.  I am a label reader and am always looking for foods which do not contain high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated fats.  Kashi is definitely a winner!

Most satisfying cookies- ever!

from Clinton Township, MI

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

My friend brought these cookies along on a trip and I fell in love with these cookies! I am all about sweets- I love brownies, brownies, and anything chocolate and sweet! I definitely did not anticipate that cookies with whole grains would be tasty, but I am telling you- these cookies are so good! My family loves them, too. They are sweet, good for you, and also filling so eating one is plenty. Unlike other cheap cookies, these cookies are very satisfying and you realistically can not eat many of them because they are filling. Great product!

Very good cookies, even the kids like them

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

These cookies are great!  My whole family enjoys them.  They are not to sugary sweet. We have a diabetic in the family and these cookies are a good choice for a sweet treat. A little more expensive but worth it!  Our family likes most of the Kashi products.

I love these cookies!

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

These cookies are amazing. I love cookies and of course chocolate is my life. I have always loved Kashi cereals so when these cookies came along I had to try them. They were better than I could have imagined. They have great ingredients and are healthy. They are very satisfying with a crunchy texture and awesome mouth feel. You will not be disappointed with these cookies. The hardest part is not eating the entire box!

omg - words cannot describe how good these are!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

run to your nearest store and buy these cookies - they are GREAT !  they run 2.50 a box here in moore, ok and are worth every penny - fabulously wonderful!   - iwouldn't recommend you getting these for 4 hungry teenager to snack on as there are only like 12 in a box - give them the cheap kind save these for yourself and occassional snaking

kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookies i was suprised they were g

from Egg Harbor City, NJ

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

i got to say i do enjoy these cookies and it is great they are good for you. it was almost to good to be true. the dark chocoalte was a good quality and the oatmeal cookie was fresh and chewy. The only thing i didn't like was the way it was wrapped and re-sealable bag would have been good in my opinion they are a little pricy but with a sale and a coupon they are a great treat .

I did find that i could only eat one they were very filling and would be great with coffee or tea.. if you are really didn't want to eat the whole thing you could share. I have tried many of the kashi products from tv dinners to crackers and this could be one of the better of the products. try a box today you will not be sorry

my coffee's companion

from Oak Lawn, IL

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

What goes great with a cup of nescafe? Dark chocolate oatmeal cookie from kashi!...add some grains..full of fiber..protein..and goodness...and you're set to start your busy day!..You'll feel full longer..too! Only con is the price! If I didn't have a coupon or they weren't on sale then no kashi for me:(

The Best Cookies

from Shawnee, KS

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

Kashi Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - These are the best cookies I ever had. All the ingredients are healthy....dark chocolates, oats. The texture is good & the size is appropriate. They are very satisfying & full filling. Problem is you want to eat more & more. Loved them.

It's a great tasting cookie that's good for you too!

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Kashi - dark chocolate oatmeal cookies:

The Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookie is an excellent treat for those who want a healthier option.  It is soft and chewy.  It has enough chocolate chips to make it seem decadent but enough whole grains to keep you from feeling guilty about eating it.The cookies are about 3 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inches in thickness.  One cookie with a glass of water is enough for a healthy snack.

I give these cookies to my whole family and never feel bad about it.  I like that they are all natural and full of oats.  They may seem a bit dry at first (they aren't loaded with butter and oils) but I do not mind that at all.  We buy these every time they are on sale and keep a stash of them so we can have a treat that is good for us.