4.1

Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal

4.1

Pros

Cons

Crunchy goodness with lots of protein

People laugh at me because I have 15+ boxes of cereal open at any one time.  Kashi Go Lean is one of those.  It is really crunchy, and full of protein.  You can eat it right out of the box, by itself with milk or sprinkle it over other cereals.  The kids love it to.  If you are trying to eat a high protein diet, you should try this cereal out.  It is also great over yogurt.

From the Kashi Go Lean site,

"Studies suggest that protein actually helps you feel fuller longer. This can help to decrease the amount of calories you consume throughout the day. Several studies were able to demonstrate not only a decrease in hunger and total calories consumed but also that high protein diets can facilitate weight loss. Experts believe this is partly due to an increase in thermogenesis, meaning the body burns more calories just to digest higher protein foods. Additionally, the higher protein diets favorably impacted cardiovascular health by promoting healthy blood lipid levels including increasing HDL cholesterol levels (the good cholesterol). It is important to realize however, that these studies used lean protein sources and replaced high fat or highly refined carbohydrates. Simply eating more high-fat protein foods will not help you to achieve the beneficial effects mentioned here. So what is a "higher protein diet?" Well, there is no regulated, defined term; however, results were seen with diets containing 25-30% of calories from protein.

For example, a higher protein diet may look something like this, 45% carbohydrate, 25% protein and 30% fat. For a 2000 calorie diet this would translate into 225 g carbohydrate, 125 g protein and 67 g fat each day. "

My simplistic translation of this advice is that if you want to eat more protein but want to avoid animal fats, than try this product.

Food with side effects

Sure it taste great and has a great crunch...but nobody seems to comment on the awful stomach and gas cramps!! I know that I am not alone in this. I eat *plenty* of fiber, but nothing like this ever happens. I ate this for a week and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me...until I stopped eating this cereal. *Please* if you are eating this ceral and have awful cramping all day long...stop eating it.

Favorite cereal by far

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I love this cereal because it is great in every single way. This cereal is high in fiber and protein, which is great because it keeps me full all morning long and I don't have the urge to buy any snacks. This also is perfect fuel for me when I go on morning runs, and can carry me through the morning even after I run two or three miles. I love the taste of this cereal as well, because it is very sweet and satisfies my sweet tooth in a very healthy way. I love how this cereal doesn't turn soggy and to mush when I add milk, and stays very crunchy and gives me something to really chew on. Another important aspect about this cereal that I love is I can understand all the ingredients in it, meaning, this cereal uses all natural ingredients. This is a very healthy way to start off the morning, especially if you're on the go, like me, and don't really have time to prepare a breakfast. This is by far my favorite cereal, and it is very healthy as well. I am in love with it, and it is one to stick with.

A Crunchy Healthy Cereal

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

My wife buys the Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal for a healthy breakfast food. I did not think that it would be all that good but after running out of my breakfast foods I decided to try a bowl. This cereal is really good. It is crunchy and you can add some strawberry's or bananas to it for extra flavors.

Use it for more than cereal

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I first head about the cereal from one of my co-workers. After his recommendation - I picked some up. At first I thought okay, it's pleasant but not something I would want to eat everyday. Shortly after someone asked me to come up with a low fat dessert recipe so, I made homemade blueberry crisp with this cereal sprinkled on the top. I was somewhat unsure about the outcome at first but everyone loved it and wanted to know how to do it for their own families. My kids love it and we still make it about once a month or so.

It tastes better than you'd think, and it's healthy.

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I have always been a little intrigued by the Kashi brand, so i decided to give this cereal a try. It seemed like a healthy, responsible choice. I ended up liking that crunch and flavor of the cereal. I was surprised that the cereal wasn't as twiggy as I was expecting, so I may have inflated the rating just a bit because of that fact. As a side note, I always felt that the cereal gave me good energy. Some cereal's are too sugary and leave you feeling weighed down. This one is different in that respect.

Fantastic!

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

This cereal is wonderful! I love cereal, but sometimes I find it hard to find something filling that isn't bland and sweet with out being too sweet. I love how much protein this cereal has in it and how good I feel about eating it. I think it is a great choice for breakfast or a snack because it is not too sweet and keeps you feeling full. You can also mix it with the other cereals that Kashi offers and it makes a really good combination; like with the Kashi Crisp cereal. It is also really good with yogurt as a granola too. The only thing that I have to say negatively about it is its price. There is really not that much cereal in the box, maybe four or five big bowls. For the price of the cereal, I think you should get more, they are not really expensive ingredients. However, when you think about how healthy it is for you and how filling it is I am more willing to pay the money for it. I think it is a great purchase and I eat it almost everyday and don't seem to get tired of it. If you do want something different, Kashi has several different kinds of cereal.

Good, whole grains, stays crunchy- almost TOO crunchy?

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I like the ingredients in this, and it tastes good. It does not get soggy the way some other cereals do. However, it's a tad TOO crunchy in that weird kind of way. I can't believe I'm saying it's too crunchy, but it really is. Has anyone broken a tooth yet?

More filling and great taste.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

Kashi GoLean Crunch is full of all the good stuff - protein and fiber - which makes a bowl of cereal a filling meal. But it also tastes pretty good. It tastes like a good granola cereal. I personally like the large clusters, A bowl of this warm is great for a cold or rainy day. If you want to have it warm, you may want to break any large clusters that are in your bowl.

Stomach Issues!

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I have been eating Kahsi Go Lean Crunch for over a year now. Shortly after I began eating this cereal I began experiencing stomach issues such as extreme gas pains causing me to double over, indescribable bowel movements and nausea! I have been having an overall feeling of "not well" for some time. I am so greatful I decided to research this and find another review where someone else was having the same experience! I will be returning my unopened boxes (4) and finding a new cereal!

Thank you soymilk for your review!

Healthy start to the morning

from Iowa City, IA

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

If you haven't tried anything from Kashi before, Go Lean Crunch is a good place to start.  As with all products from Kashi, Go Lean Crunch contains healthy ingredients and whole grains, and is loaded with protein and fiber.  The taste is also a winner - crunchy, slightly sweet, and filling.  Excellent addition to yogurt too.

Empty, like eating air

from Saint Joseph, MI

Comments about Kashi GoLean Crunch Cereal:

I didn't much like the cereal.  It didn't have much substance to me.  It was like chewing air.  Many will disagree, but that is my take on it.  It lacked substance and did not fill me up.  BUT, it is healthy and contains protien.