Other Baby Carriers:
Baby Slings & Wraps
Kangaroo Korner
Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch

Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch

Awesome carrier, comfortable and very secure - a must have!

I purchased not one, but 4 Kangaroo Korner slings/pouches in rapid succession. This may seem a bit over-the-top, but I was fresh off my lingering Maya wrap sling disappointment - and elated to find a babywearing product that truly worked! The construction is awesome, KK's assistance and directions are flawless and the fleece is top quality and gorgeous. My son was not only a bad sleeper, but also a bit clingy and I'm a horrible multi-tasker. So, I wore and we *moved*. ***And moved!*** I purchased my first KK pouch when he was about 6 months old (so admittedly, I missed the newborn phase in successful babywearing -but I am certain it would have been bliss with the KK pouch) - so most of his early travel in the KK pouch was in the 'kangaroo carry' position (he was sitting, facing outwards). The pouch is secure without binding, generous enough for him to settle into without being excessive, and certainly easy to wear/pack around/get into and out of. Sizing is pretty simple, and KK provides FANTASTIC support if you are uncertain or have questions about measurements. The multiple rows of plastic snaps make the pouch easy to resize and adjust. The snaps themselves are firm and secure. The pouch is blissfully wide where it sits on the shoulder/upper arm so there was never any discomfort, even on walks and/or after wearing my wee one for some time. As my son grew and was more mobile, he graduated to the hip-carry. This position was also easy on me and him, and what a great transition for him to drift off to sleep against my side when he felt the need... so very easy! The only potential negatives I could think of (which didn't apply to me) are that (1) fleece may be too warm for some climates (certainly not Montana), and (2) the pouch does adjust in size, but a single pouch may not cover all people helping with babywearing. As for the first consideration, Kangaroo Korner does make fabric slings (which I'd easily give 5*s as well!), or solarveil slings - both of which are great for warmer climates. And the sizing issue - they do adjust over quite a range, but if it's a consideration (to have two people using the same carrier), you may want to consider one of their ring slings. I despised my Maya wrap sling, but gave KK's slings a chance and I am so glad - the difference was amazing. KK's rings did not slip, and the feeling was much more secure. I digress. The potential negatives do not come even remotely close to outweighing the positives. In conclusion, I can't give this pouch enough praise. I also have a KK cotton pouch, but always gravitated toward the fleece pouch when I had a choice of which to grab. Even my son seemed to 'voice' his preference... When he started to walk, but still wanted to be held and carried, I would ask him to bring his carrier over. Every time he would return carrying his KK fleece pouch. You won't regret this purchase!

Maybe it's me?

Hm. I tried to love this thing, but I could NEVER get baby in it right.  I guess I didn't make a super big effort to figure it out, I did watch a youtube vid on it, and saw a friend demonstrate, but I didn't go to a store for help or anything. I had an ergo baby & just kept opting to use that b/c it seemed easier even w/all the straps & stuff.  I may dig this thing out though & give it another shot...

A comfortable way to keep baby close and hands free

from Westbrook, MN

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I've had 2 Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouches for about 4 years now and am using them on my second son. I love these pouches and so do my babies! They are soft and easy to use, and I can pop a fussy baby in and then go on with my life and my movement turns them happy and lulls them to sleep. I've had women run after me in stores to ask where I got mine, and I always enthusiastically recommend Kangaroo Korner. The owner is a WAHM and she employs other WAHM's, so the money supports other mothers. The craftsmanship is excellent and the pouches are just fun. I have one in dark blue and another in leopard print for when I'm feeling spunkier! These are ordered to fit your size and come with 3 snap settings to allow for some adjustments. One of the only drawbacks is that your spouse or other caretakers won't necessarily be able to use yours if they are very different in size from you. It's a small drawback though and despite our VAST differences in size my husband wore mine to carry the baby around once in an emergency (he has bad legs and needed his hands free). A friend's pediatrician told her that he recommends these pouches for special needs babies, especially those with colic or are very fussy. They are really wonderful for babies, from newborn to toddler. Babies are so snug and close to mom it's like they're in the womb again. Highly recommended.

Love this pouch!

from Elkhart, IN

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

My friend lent me this pouch for my fifth child. In the course of having five children, I have tried many pouches/slings, and this one wins! It is so soft and comfortable, and my baby loved being cuddled right in. I didn't use it in the summer, so it could have gotten a bit warm, being made out of fleece, but in the winter/spring/fall, it was great. It kept her right close and toasty warm.

I liked the adjustable feature as she got older. I typically just used it for when she was a smaller baby, though I did use it a bit for outings where I need my hands free (park etc.) as she got older. It was easy to use and adjust throughout her changes. The video on their website gives lots of information about how to put it on. I did have a bit of trouble getting the hang of it at first, but then I figured it out and didn't have any trouble.

My husband didn't use the sling much, I don't think it fit him as well, but for me it was great! I definitely recommend!

Love my Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouch

from Hancock, MI

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I have the Moby wrap and an Evenflo carrier and there was no way my baby was interested in being in those for more than a few minutes. It wasn't until I purchased and tried the Kangaroo Korner pouch that I found the carrier for my baby and I. He loves the pouch because of the freedom of movement it provides. He is now a toddler at 17 months old and it has still been a wonderful product for us, I would highly recommend it.

The best things about it are that it's made from fleece so it's very stretchy which makes it very comfortable (we don't feel like we're strapped together like sardines). I was worried that it would be too hot but the only time I encountered any problems was mid summer when it was really hot and muggy outside (I live in northern Michigan where the weather is typically cooler). I like that it's adjustable. My husband and I are built fairly similar so it fits both of us well. It doesn't look really "crunchy" so I feel comfortable wearing it when he's not in it (if we go to a store and he gets put into the cart). It's also super easy to put on and use.

A few things that might be considered cons would be that if you use it for a long period of time it can make your back/shoulder sore but for me it's not that big of an issue because my little one usually wants to get down before my back gets sore. I've also noticed that I always keep a hand out and ready to catch baby/toddler because it doesn't feel like the wrap itself would always keep him contained. It could just be me over-worrying though.

Fall/Winter Baby MUST HAVE

from Cullman, AL

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

For all you fall/winter babies .. your new ride has arrived. Okay I love this pouch! It's so nice warm and toasty. Which for my babies wouldn't do at all they ar hot natured little buggers and stayed in this thing for all of about an hour and that was it. But it was a very comfortable hour..

First this thing has snaps to adjust it to various positions so you can get a correct fit ( for correct fit instructions please visit her website and or www.thebabywearer.com or www.whos-green.info) The babies butt should be no lower than your belly button

Secondly MADE IN USA this should also be third and forth because I think that it is that fricking important.

Third Quality it's made well, seams are perfect and it's divinely soft.

Forth.. why are you still reading this you should be at her website buying one..

Seriously though the fleece have just enough of a stretch/give to make it extremely comfortable on even my broad somewhat boney shoulders. And comfortable enough for my chunk 21lb 3 month old boob man. But don't take my word for it.. go grab you one!

It was a life-saver

from Poughkeepsie, NY

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I bought my Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch when I was pregnant with my first child.  I intended all along to be a baby-wearer, but I had NO IDEA how much of a godsend the pouch would turn out to be.  My son needed to be carried ALL THE TIME, and this was much easier on my back, neck and shoulders than carrying him was.  It was particularly great for taking walks, and for grocery shopping, since he wouldn't sit in his car seat.  It kept my hands free, and it kept him warm and cozy.  I didn't need to put him in bulky coats or pants, just a warm sweater and hat - it was like being wrapped up in a fleece blanket.  Of course, it was little hot in the summer...  I could nurse in it, although it took some practice to do that.  It was also handy when my second child was born, as I could put her in the pouch, and my son in a stroller, and not deal with a huge double stroller.  I tried other ring slings, but never found one as comfortable and convenient as this one.

Perfect for a newborn

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I received a Baby Bjorn as a baby gift but for the first couple of months my daughter didn't meet the minimum weight requirements to use this so I went to a local Koala Mama meeting in my area.  This is a group of baby wearing enthusiasts who hold monthly meetings and bring lots of different types of carriers that you can try out with your baby.  I really liked the Kangaroo Korner adjustable pouch because it was very simple to get on and off.  There weren't a whole lot of intimidating ties and snaps and such.  I used this pouch every day for the first few months.  When my daughter got older I faced her outwards and she loved seeing the world from that view.  I will say that when she got older we graduated to the Bjorn as her feet can swing free but this product was PERFECT when she was younger.  I also really like the company's website and have so many fabric options to choose from.  I opted for a very gender neutral print as I plan to use it for any future children also.  I guess the one con would be that my husband couldn't wear it due to the sizing but honestly that wasn't too big of a deal for me.

Everyone NEEDS this carrier!

from Janesville, WI

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

As a busy mom of 2 kids under the age of 2 years, I need all the extra hands I can get! I call my Kangaroo Korner Fleece pound my third hand! I came across this carrier while searching for a carrier that allowed me to hold my baby while chasing my toddler, doing dishes and laundry and for use while shopping. I'm so glad I chose this one!

This pouch is adjustable so both my husband and I can wear it after quickly adjusting the snaps to fit us. It's a solid, neutral color so he will wear it in public. It's super comfy and very easy to get on by myself. I can put my toddler into the cart seat and put my baby into the Kangaroo Korner pouch and have a stress-free shopping trip!

In the winter time I love that I can take him out of the carrier and put him in his carseat and use the fleece pouch as a pre-warmed from wearing blanket for the car ride home.

I love this pouch so much that I'm going to invest in a cotton pouch of the same brand for summer.

Kangaroo Korner is the first pouch/sling I didn't hate

from Inver Grove Heights, MN

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I've tried many different slings, pouches and other carriers with my three children. They just never seemed comfortable. I felt like the baby wasn't secure. The baby was hard to get in and out.

I went to a locally owned baby goods store and asked what they recommend. The sales person recommended Kangaroo Korner's adjustable pouch. She thought maybe I hadn't found the right fit in the other slings/pouches.

I have been very happy with this pouch, and it came with detailed easy to follow instructions on different positions the baby can be carried in. I was a little worried the fleece would be too hot, but it is not. I'm also really pleased that my husband can change the pouch to a different size and wear it as well. This is nice becasue we wouldn't be able to afford two non-adjustable slings.

However, the medium size is supposed to be for 100-200 pound people. I weigh 150 and wear it on the smallest setting, so I don't see how it could properly fit a 100-pound person.

Maybe it's me?

from Portland, OR

The best baby sling

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch:

I have had four children and used this sling with the last three.  As far as slings go, this is the best.  The material is soft and stretchy, yet very sturdy.  The many snaps allow it to be fully adjustable.  My babies have all loved being in this versatile sling.  My only complaint is that slings in general start giving me a backache after awhile.  I prefer baby carriers over slings.  But in the realm of baby slings, this one is top notch quality and performance.  It's not overly expensive, but not cheap either.  The customer service is great and overall it's a great buy!