Other Spirits:
Kahlua
Kahlua Coffee 53

Kahlua Coffee 53

One of my Favorite Liqueurs

Kahlua Licor de Café is a coffee- flavored liqueur that is produced in Mexico. This expensive liqueur is used in many sweet mixed drinks that were once made with coffee- flavored brandy or some other coffee- based type of spirit. It is a dark- brown liqueur, thicker than most other types of alcoholic beverages. It's not thick to the point of being syrup- like in consistency, but it is thicker than the stronger types of liquor and most other types of liqueur. This liqueur is sweet, and its taste characteristic is primarily coffee, but there are other tastes that are present as well. Enjoyed on the rocks (like many Kahlua fans do), I can taste a roasted, burnt flavor along with a touch of vanilla and some dark chocolate.

I enjoy the versatility of Kahlua as much as the taste. Not only does this liqueur make great- tasting drinks, but it's also an excellent addition to many recipes, including cakes, brownies, tiramisu, pie, and other desserts. And it's not uncommon to find recipes for other non- dessert foods that call for Kahlua, like salsa, teriyaki beef and chicken, and others. Probably another reason why I enjoy Kahlua is that the taste reminds me, in some ways, to a good glass of stout or porter. I am, first and foremost, a lover of fine brew and stouts and porters rank as my favorite malt beverage styles. Kahlua offers a taste that emphasizes roasted coffee with hints of vanilla and just a touch of burnt flavor- many of the same tastes you will find in several of the world's best dark beers.  Overall, this is an excellent liqueur that I enjoy from time to time. It's not often that I purchase liqueur or hard liquor but when I do, Kahlua is one of my all- time favorites. Who can resist the taste of a Toasted Almond, White Russian, or Mudslide? Kahlua costs more than most liqueurs, but its taste makes it worth the investment and it's an essential addition to any liquor cabinet.

Makes a good cup of coffee.

This isn't my favorite thing to add to coffee but it is good and makes a cold night much warmer!  The flavor is a little to subtle making it necessary to add more than I would normally. Considering the cost, I rather not.  It is great when making Tiramisu or other desserts.  I do not want a strong flavor for those, I rather have the dessert speak for itself with just a hint of the Kahlua.  Overall, I would use this for baking and in my coffee in a pinch.

Great tasting coffee liquor.

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

When I have a sweet tooth or a desire for a drink or two, then Kahlua is one of the liquors on my list. Usually, I will drink it as part of a White Russian drink. I may pour some in my coffee to have a drink before I go out or to wake myself up during a football tailgate. The taste is excellent. It is one of those liquors that are meant to be enjoyed, not one to get you hammered.

I love this product!

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

I love this product! Kahlua Coffee 53 is a great tasting coffee liqueur! The best part about it is that it tastes great just by itself. I am very picky with alcohol by itself, but this tastes perfect as a shot or on the rocks. I also love it as a cocktail mixed with cream! I am a huge fan of coffee, and Kahlua makes coffee taste even better! I like to make chocolate cupcakes with the Kahlua in it as well. It adds a great, rich texture and a hint of coffee! I highly recommend this product.

OH MY GOSH YUM

from Warren, MI

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

Lets start off by saying that I'm not a big drinker. Well at least not anymore. I do enjoy an occasional Liquor. While I prefer Irish creme or Tequila Rose personally. I like Kahlua a whole lot. Its the one liquor that you can count on being in just about every bar whether its a night out on the town or at a friends house. It is a sweet coffee liquor with hints of chocolate in it and it goes down really smooth by itself. Most people including myself use it as a mix. I add it to my favorite Irish creme which both drinks compliment each other well. I also will add it from time to time to either regular coffee or a mocha frappuccino. I also found that it makes a great ice cream topping especially when used with hershey's syrup. The price is not to bad and in comparison to other coffee liquors its about average but has a better flavor to it in my opinion. In short this product in my opinion is worth trying if you are a drinker and you are responsible.

If you love coffee you have to try it...

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

This is one of the few drinks i like ... and it is very easy to like specially if yuo are not a drinker but like to taste something new and soft. I wish it would be a little sweeter but sugar fixes it ...love it over ice and a touch a cream ...or condensed milk ...yummy ...hope you get to taste it ........

So Yummy-Nice Smooth Taste.

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

This is so yummy, add a touch of Chocolate syrup and creamer for an even smoother taste definitely put it on the rocks. Also another yummy tip is using coffee creamer, try it with a variety of flavors. My favorite is the White Chocolate brownie. Adds a really unique flavor.

The Best Coffee liquer, ever!

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

I use Kahlua to make several different recipes on martinis and cocktails. You can tell the difference right away when I use a cheaper brand. The taste of Kahlua is unique and exquisite. I also serve it on the rocks, by itself. There are a few coffee liquers in the market, some are better than others, but the original is Kahlua. It is most definetely worth its price, which is not that high anyway. Use it all the time, do not substitute.

sugar and cheap buzz

from El Mirage, AZ

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

cheap taste. They mask the quality with sugar. This drink takes time to bottle. But lately, the last few years the price of the drink has gone up and the quality down.  The problem is mass production. Try smaller companies. Also check the dates on the bottlle.

Makes a good cup of coffee.

from Republic, MO

An old favorite

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

This drink has been around a while - that is why I call it an old favorite.  It has stood the test of time.  It has a very rich taste, and is wonderful for Winter because it is so warming, even when served over ice. I prefer it straight. Call me crazy, but I think it tastes like chocolate!

warm & cozy

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Kahlua Coffee 53:

Kaluhua is very good with milk for a cold drink or excellent in coffee for a warm and cozy drink this time of year.  For a straight shot though I like Kaluhua it's coffee flavor is not as real as Starbucks liqueur. Kaluhua is the top name brand if you are name brand conscious. The price is moderate for this type of liquor.