Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Kaboom
Kaboom Ultra Scrub

Kaboom Ultra Scrub

Put Away Your Rubber Gloves...

I'm always suspicious of any household cleaner that you don't need gloves to use.  In order to earn a spot in my cabinet, it needs to be strong enough for my toughest jobs.  Imagine my pleasant surprise to have discovered a product that promises to penetrate and dissolve tough grime, while at the same time, it doesn't require me to use rubber gloves or a face mask.  **Kaboom Ultra Scrub** is my new best grime-fighting friend. The cleaner comes in a purple 24-ounce bottle and pledges that it works on hard water, mildew stains, grout, rust, soap scum, grease, and dirt.  The formula in the squirt bottle is a creamy thick, grayish concoction that has a surprisingly fresh citrus scent.  Really.  After shaking the product thoroughly, I squirted a line of the Kaboom directly onto the bathtub and let it set for a couple of minutes.

Not only does the cleaner cling to surfaces, there appears to be little micro-scrubbers in the product that does an effective job of scrubbing out stains on surfaces that are grooved or pitted.  After rubbing the surfaces clean, it's important to rinse thoroughly so that you don't get hazy streaks or gritty residue.  This is not a "*just spray and wipe*" kind of formula.

In addition to the tub and tile areas, the product can be used on the sink, counter tops and even the toilet bowl.  Though I personally limit its use to the bathtub, I have to say it's one of the most effective products I've ever tried.

**Kaboom Ultra Scrub** makes no direct claims about being eco-friendly or non-toxic, but the fact that it doesn't have harsh fumes means that it's still a healthier alternative for my allergies than other, equally tough cleaners.  During use, I didn't wear gloves but I did try to limit direct contact with the cleaner as a precaution.  I use other non-toxic products for the majority of my cleaning, and then I bring in Kaboom to blast away what the other cleaners can't handle.

If you need a cleaner that combines tough performance with a gentle touch, then I would highly recommend trying Kaboom Ultra Scrub.

Kaboom isn't anything special

I bought Kaboom after seeing the commercials. I am fussy. When I clean something I want it clean. I want it to stay clean. I even buy gadgets so I don't have to use elbow grease. Yes, I also like the smell of bleach but that's another review. Anyway, Kaboom is no different from the majority of cleaners on the market. I used it a couple of times along with scrubbing and wasn't impressed. Seriously, I went back to using Ajax and Comet cleansers. There were so much easier to use and they are products that have been around for years. Don't waste your money on these fancy wannabes. The old tried and true still work. If you read the reviews, they were pretty mixed. The best advice? Try it. It may work for you. If not, there are a ton of other products out there that are better and cheaper.

This is the only product that I need when need tough jobs

from Crawfordville Florida

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • store-tile floors

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

bathroom fixtures, especially sink rings, any marks on floor tile kitchen sink

Kaboom Ultra Scrub: More Cleaning Power

from Houston, TX

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

Bathroom cleaners are manufactured by many different companies and several of them offer a regular version of the cleaner along with some type of advanced version of the core brand. I have used several of these advanced strength brands and found most of them, not surprisingly, better than the originals. A good example is Kaboom Ultra Scrub.

Cleaner Facts and Commentary:

Kaboom Ultra Scrub is a thick, white- colored cleaner that clings to surfaces, helping to get them their cleanest and brightest. It is made for special cleaning needs such as hard water, soap scum, and even lime and rust.

Kaboom’s purple- colored trigger spray cleaner is easily the manufacturer’s best known product and the one most consumers have used at least once. I have used it a few times, but don’t find it anything special and one of the key reasons why is its lack of ability to clean the really tough stains. For these, Kaboom Ultra Scrub is a better option. This cleaner, while not very nice in the scent department, is more powerful than regular Kaboom cleaner and more capable of eliminating the difficult stains. I like using it in tubs and showers where there is a good deal of buildup from soap scum. Kaboom Ultra Scrub is much more likely than regular Kaboom to eliminate these stains and others like them.

My Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line on Kaboom Ultra Scrub is that it’s a very good cleaning agent when you have some really tough cleaning needs. Its cleaning ability isn’t always necessary, since ordinary, routine cleaning jobs do not require a touch cleaning product. But when extra cleaning ability is what you need, Kaboom Ultra Scrub makes a superior alternative to regular Kaboom.

This Kaboom product finishes the more difficult cleaning tasks with relative ease.

Scent is not one of its strong suits- too chemical like

Put Away Your Rubber Gloves...

from Chicagoland, IL

Kaboom isn't anything special

from Wilbraham, MA

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

This stuff is the incrediable..

from Kirksville, MO

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

I am a very busy working mother of four children who are all in sports. I have little time to between games and home work to clean they way I need to so surfaces will be neglected, kaboom wonderful for the bake on stove for when my husband cooks and gets my counter tops looking like new again I love this stuff.... I spray on and leave set for a few minutes and wipe away.  It is truly that easy I would recommend this to all,  If you don't have time to scrub Kaboom is the right for you.

If you like the smell of dirt then Kaboom is for you.

from Jacksonville, AL

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

I am self employed and clean house for a living. I am sorry but I tried Kaboom and I hated it. I found that it was very hard to rinse off. And what I hated most was the very strong smell of dirt. Who wants to clean something and the product smell like dirt. No thanks. This product is just not for me.

Wow, it's like magic, it just takes grim off, with no hassle

from Oroville, CA

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

Kaboom Ultra scrub is an excellent way to clean your tile and counters without hurting your back! If your like me getting down on your hands and knees is hard to to with a bad back, but with Kaboom it's so easy. It even has a no-mess cap, which makes cleaning much easier now that you don't have to cleanup the mess of your cleaning supplies. Kaboom is the way to go, it's so easy!

When you clean KABOOM you're satisfied!!

from Rockport, MA

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

The Kaboom product was easy to use in my toilet bowls, it worked great on my shower and sink. The odor wasn't too strong. My bathroom was definitely clean when I was finished. I also used it in my kitchen on my stove, and it wasd great also. I would recommend it to family and friends.

the awesome spot removing product

from Quitman, GA

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

After trying everything to dryersheets from windex on my shower doors which are glass nothing would get the spots out .So annoying.Then I tried Kaboom it is awesome it is THE TOUGH SPOT REMOVER you should try it

This stuff makes washing your hands fun.

from Holiday, FL

Comments about Kaboom Ultra Scrub:

I think Kaoom Ultra Scub is a great product. The pump action and foam makes washing your hands fun for the kids, and I've noticed that they enjoy using it as well. I don't mind purchasing this item because it is priced fairly, and it gets the kids to wash their hands!