Other Coffee Makers:
Krups
XP604050

Too difficult to use

from Tampa Florida

Comments about KRUPS Automatic Pump Espresso Machine with Thermoblock system and Coffee Maker Combination, Die Cast:

Bought this product in an attempt to stop drinking expensive coffee at that store we all know about. Thought it would pay for itself in a few months, which it might if it worked. I returned it day 88 just before my store return policy expired.

The machine is very heavy and nearly impossible to move on the counter. However because of the immense amount if steam it emits, I must pull it far away from the bottom of my top cabinets. I tired putting it on a large tray but it didn't help.

The instruction booklet is a must to do even the most simple coffee drink. I never did figure out the espresso feature, it was making so much noise I shut it off by unplugging.

Being metal, it gets very hot quickly., think it's because the water needs to be scalding hot to make a great cup of coffee. But I had to wait almost an hour for it to cool before cleaning. There are a lot of parts, and so cleaning is awful. The instructions are vague on cleaning. I don't know how to clean the inside.

Unless you have a lot if time to invest in this unit to become a professional coffee maker, i recommend you skip it and rely on the barista or coffee shop person to do the work.

• Brew Performance: