3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

I loved them so much, I switched my mileage!

I flew KLM for the first time in February 07, after years as a US Air customer. The service is exceptional, the cabins comfortable, and the flight enjoyable. My flight was around 9 hours, but didn't seem nearly that long.  There was plenty of in-flight entertainment, great food, and courteous staff. As soon as I arrived at my destination, I signed up for the KLM mileage program.  I look forward to future flights with them.

PS. The business class is worth every penny...

NEVER ever ever again !!!

KLM has by far been the worst airline that I have ever interacted with. Me and my wife were travelling to Mumbai from the US. Due to unavoidable cirucmstances we had to book tickets on different days. When I booked the ticket, I saw the tickets for the same date but whenever I tried to book them, and reached the confirmation page on their website, the page would crash and give me an error. I called the web support and all I got was endless wait times, and endless holds and after all this agents who had no idea what to do. Frustrated with this experience I booked the ticket for the day after my wife was travelling. The next day (within the 24 hr period) I tried calling the web support again, to get them to change my ticket and again they were extremely unhelpful and told me they couldn't (which i would discover later was not true). I kept calling on a weekly basis and got no resolution to my problem. Finally, 2 weeks before we were suposed to travel me and my wife found out that she was pregnant, and therefore I felt extremely uncomfortable letting her travel in that condition. I called KLM websupport and KLM customer support ( which is Delta basically) trying to explain my situation. All I got again was a ridiculous voice recognition interface which takes forever to put you in touch with a real person. As if that, and the ridiculous high pitched music they have for the waiting period isn't exasperating enough the agents were again unhelpful. When I asked to speak to the supervisor, she was extremely rude going to the extent of berating me and telling me it was my mistake that their website did not function properly. I went ahead and put in a complaint on the KLM website (am not sure if anything at all happened after that, all I got was canned apologies) Then realising that the Delta/KLM customer support was completely useless, I called their Flying Blue number where the lady directed me to a different phone number for web support. When I called that, all I got again was a ridiculously long menu followed by high pitched and loud music while I was on hold. This hold went on for about 14-20 minutes after which the call disconnected automatically. I called again and the hold went on endlessly again (after going through the menu and the recordings for the second time!!) I finally put in a written explantion of my case. Explaining why it was unfair for them to make me pay a penaly fee and a difference in the fair prices (the fair had gone up by a huge margin by then !!) especially when it was a fault first on their website and second on part of their customer service after having called in the first 24 hrs. I got a reply asking me to call the web support with a *tip* that I call in the morning hours as it is easier to get through, so I did. This was probably worse than the experience with the Delta representative before. I was put in touch with a lady who was more tolerable than everybody else so far, and she explained that I should have called the customer service within the 24 hours and they could have waived the fee, or I should have called the web support when i was booking the ticket. I told her I did both and that both had failed she said she was sorry, but she coudln't do anything, which basically translates to "we are sorry our website is so bad, we are sorry we don't have a customer service in the US, we are sorry our reps are that rude, but since you bought the ticket we have absolute power to make you pay more, even though we are completely at fault and because you are stuck with us we are not going to do anything for you" I asked to speak to her supervisor hoping he had some power over things and this is where the turn took for worse. I was put in touch with someone who sounded French and was actually ruder than the Delta representative. He went on to tell me that he wasn't my personal problem solver, and that he had a professional take on things and that he wasn't here to solve my problems and basically to berate me for being foolish enough to first book a ticket on KLM and second to actually expect some semblance of a customer service. All this after admitting that the KLM had basically messed up, and are still charging me for their problems.After this terrible ordeal I am still stuck with my inconvenient arrangement. Suffice to say I am never EVER travelling by this horrible, unprofessional airline EVER again. The airline has clearly lost touch with the people it serves and seems all about just balance sheets and numbers and of course about swindling its customers.

In Keeping with Southeast Asian Tradition

from Dallas, TX

Comments about KLM:

I've flown my share of Asian airlines and experiences ranging from absolutely amazing to absolutely awful. KLM falls on the better end of that scale. KLM is a hospitable and classy airline that goes the extra mile to make me feel like they want my business. The amount of leg room is still a bit small when compared to some American and European airlines, but this is understandable since it is an Asian airline that caters primarily to Asian passengers.
On my flights, I was served a moderately sized meal that was in the middle range for portion size and quality of taste. It was definitely not bad and better than many other airline meals that had consumed in the past.
All in all, the flight was good. The flight attendants were polite and helpful. I felt like a valued guest rather than like I was imposing on the lives of someone punching a time clock.
The pilot did a great job, and I was impressed that there were no baggage fees.

Good airline

from La Rue, OH

Comments about KLM:

I have flown on a KLM airplane a few times while traveling between the Unites States (where I am from) and Sweden (where my husband is from). I have always had a pleasant experience on those flights. Their ticket prices always seem to be one of the lowest available. The flight attendants are always very nice and respond quickly when you need something. The bathrooms on board the airplanes have always been clean. The seats are not the most comfortable ones I have say in, but they are not the most uncomfortable ones either. When we had trouble finding room for our carry on bags in the overhead compartment (there are five us in my family and we each take along a carry on bag), the flight attendants were very helpful in finding room for us. I know that is part of their job, but they were very friendly and didn't seem to mind helping us. My husband is kind of tall, and the leg space was a little cramped for him, but manageable. It was fine for me, but I am not very tall. The meals were decent for airplane food. The only real complaint that I have for this airline is that they forgot to put our baby stroller on board (you give them the stroller when you board the airplane, and they are supposed to put it on board once all of the passengers have boarded, then when you arrive at your destination and exit the plane, it is supposed to be sitting there for you to pick up). We had to wait a week for it to be found and returned to us. And when we got it back, there were diapers and baby bottles missing from the side pockets (which we had fastened securely). But overall, I would highly recommend this airline.

European Airline

Comments about KLM:

I had never heard of KLM until I was assigned that partner airline to make a connecting flight on United in Amsterdam and then go to Munich, Germany. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the boarding area was run compared with other airlines in the same area. The employees were calm and under control and they didn't make me weigh my carry on or try and tell me there it was too big for the plane (this can sometimes be a problem with European airlines). I also had a great experience flying with them. My flights were shorter flights (around two hours) but the flight attendants were attentive and very friendly. They offered a free beverage service and were willing to answer any questions I had for them. The seats were comfortable and though the leg room wasn't great, it isn't any worse than other similar airlines. I would definitely recommend this Dutch based airline and at all times would feel safe flying with them.

The Nicest Crews in Europe

Comments about KLM:

I fly KLM whenever I can. I live in Berlin and have to transit via some city to get anywhere. But having flown Lufthansa (I live in Berlin) and many other carriers, I find the flight crews are the most friendly of ANY European carrier and the flights are almost always on time. I think they have the most on time flights of any European carrier. And after flying them for 4 years...I can only remember one late flight.

Service
Great service with their ground crews and flight crews. Have only had one bad experience in 4 years of flying

In-Flight Accommodations
Clean cabins, friendly crews and decent crews. The new World Business Class seat/cabins are really nice. The seats are the longest in the industry.

Comfy and nice

from Edina, MN

Comments about KLM:

I have only flown KLM once or twice but they are a nice, simple airline. The seats are comfy and spacious enough and the stewardess are nice and attentive. The temperature of the plane is at a reasonable level, which I have found to be important when you fly, in order to be comfortable. They are good at leaving and arriving on time and the flights have been smooth and without any discomfort. Take off and landing were smooth and I really have had no problems or discomforts to speak of with them. Their planes seem to be relatively new as well. I have mainly traveled with them nationally rather than international, so I am not sure if there is a difference there. Overall I am satisfied with their customer service and what they provide for their clients.

Service
The service with KLM was fine for me. They were attentive and kind and understanding. I have had no complaints about them.

No courtesy

Comments about KLM:

We used KLM airlines from Amsterdam to Atlanta. A little mixed feeling about this airline, to be honest I was disappointed with their services and I would never choose KLM if I was given an option. Our flight were cancelled due to a bad weather and we had to reschedule a flight for a later time that day. My husband, myself and our toddler - were flying back in business class and we booked our ticket using miles. When we had to reschedule the flight, the person at the check in counter responded we could book you into economy (when there were clearly seats available in Business), he rudely responded that people in business class are also paying for their tickets, and travelling with a child would be inconvenient to our other passenger in business. We were very disappointed with their people-skills and more importantly how they treat passengers travelling with children.
The flight attendant were not very courteous, food were similar to cheap boxed microwaveable meals, but their cheese served for snacks were delicious. They missed our stroller, and we got it delivered the very next day to our home.
Again, I have heard very good reviews about KLM, my experience was a lousy trip.

My absolute favorite

from Marietta, GA

Comments about KLM:

I flew with KLM from Europe to the States. Amazing service. Good food, beverage selection and free snacks. Each seat has a TV and you can watch movies (great selection) or TV shows or you can play games. When you are on a plane for 8 hours, it's great to have this option. Smooth flight, staff was nice and helpful. Seats are comfortable (as comfortable as they can be in coach). Our flight from Europe was delayed for a bit, then we were informed that it will leave in time after all, but it wasn't a big inconvenience. I am just glad we didn't leave the airport when they announced us we will have a 4 hour-delay. They have good deals on flights to Europe and if you get the chance, visit Amsterdam. It's lovely! We received hot towels during the flight, which I thought was very nice And did I mention that TV was free? That is not always the case. Some airlines will actually charge you for headphones.

In-Flight Accommodations
hot towels, free candy bars, free TV

Superb Service, Start to Finish

Comments about KLM:

For a very reasonable price I purchased a return ticket from a major North American city to Munich via Amsterdam and was pleased with the way I was treated, start to finish. The in-flight service staff are pleasant and efficient. You feel like you are being treated as a guest rather than herded on and off the plane like livestock - a refreshing change from the budget-minded practices at many other airlines.

Service
The service is excellent with impeccable manners and just overall attention to passengers and detail. I had to contact the call centre with respect to my booking and was quickly helped as required. The staff at the airport and in-flight were all pleasant to interact with.

In-Flight Accommodations
I was as comfortable as can be expected flying over the Atlantic in Economy. All the ammenities in and around my seat worked fine and the washrooms were clean. The meals and snacks served on board were nice quality and the hot washcloths passed out before landing were a thoughtful and appreciated touch.

Not the ideal airline

from united states

Comments about KLM:

My husband and I flew KLM last year from London Heathrow to Amsterdam for the first time. On our flight to Amsterdam, we were two hours delayed boarding and then sat on the runway for an additional forty-five minutes before take off. On our way back to London Heathrow, KLM managed to lose the one piece of luggage that we checked. Apparently it decided to hop onto an alternative KLM flight.

Service
If you are flying in or out of Amsterdam, KLM is one of the airlines you could consider if you are looking for a budget flight or are looking for a specific flight time. There are countless flights offered daily to hundreds of major international airports.

In-Flight Accommodations
The in-flight accommodations offered by KLM are the average accommodations that one would expect when flying a somewhat budget international airline. They are perfect for the college student looking to travel on a budget.

A fantastic Airline.

Comments about KLM:

We have flown KLM many times while traveling back and forth to Europe. Compared to US based airlines KLM is a gem. When traveling with small children, KLM was much much more accommodating than the US based airlines. We were stuck overnight in Amsterdam and the service to help us get a comp hotel was nothing short of superb. The hotel we were put up in was 4 star and the complimentary meals were serviced in a very very nice restaurant. We were even given free drink vouchers and the kids received free KLM stuffed airplanes. I don't know if it is the view that Europeans have towards children but we were always brought to the front of the line with boarding and security. The couple times we had trouble with our tickets due to transfers between KLM and Delta the KLM representatives worked above and beyond to fix any errors. KLM's in flight food and beverage services are a step above US carriers. If at all possible I would fly KLM. It is a wonderful airline.