3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Cause for celebration!

I have already written a glowing review about the [*KFC* restaurant][1] in my area and especially *[KFC Coleslaw][2] * but not without realizing that their glorious fried chicken was destined to be a once-in-a-while treat for someone like me -- so it was with some interest that I watched the commercials about the introduction of a healthier menu.  Finally, at long last, April 27th arrived but I resisted the urge to turn myself in to get a free piece of ***KFC Grilled Chicken*** as I knew the place would be mobbed.  Patiently, I hunkered down in the tall grass and waited for the **NEXT** day when I could finally see for myself if ***KFC Grilled*** was **REALLY** marinated, tender and "*falling off the bone*."  I've got to tell you that I have eaten chicken in some of the finest restaurants and so you can believe me when I say that this grilled stuff is GOOD ... incredibly tender, flavorful, with skin so chewy tasty that you won't miss the delicious crust which had been the signature of *KFC Fried Chicken*.  It still isn't low-calorie but really does seem to be better for us.

**STATS:**

***KFC Grilled Chicken:***

Wing:          80 calories with 40 from fat

Breast:      180 calories with 35 from fat

Drumstick:   70 calories with 35 from fat

Thigh:        140 with 80 from fat

If you think **that's** rich, wait until you see what we *KFC* fans have **been** eating.  In the delicious kingdom of *KFC, ***you could do worse:**

**Original Recipe** ...

Wing:          150 calories with 90 from fat

Breast:        **490 calories with 280 from fat**

Drumstick:   150 calories with 80 from fat

Thigh:          **370 calories with 250 from fat**

Too bad there isn't really room to set up a chart with a column for each product for easier comparison because **Grilled Chicken** really does seem to be a step in the right direction as far as nutrition is concerned.

**TASTE TIP:**

You can buy ***KFC*** dinners in various sizes but the best deals (and easiest to carry home) are the eight-piece bundles which come with two sides and biscuits.  (Leftovers heat up easily and are just as delicious the day after or the day after **THAT**!)  If your family is larger or if you are ordering for the office or for a party, there are larger packs available.  Whatever option you go for, you will save money and amp up the taste by adding on your own sides at home.  Instead of buying cob corn at ***KFC***, heat up a Birdseye Steamfresh Sweet Corn in your own kitchen, slice up some fresh tomatoes or cucumbers, and don't forget to put out a jar of Trader Joe's Apple Cranberry Chutney for those biscuits.  This kind of spread is going to be perfect for the warm summer months which will be soon upon us and a dinner like this is cause for a real celebration and suitable for even the most festive occasion.  As far as I'm concerned, a chilled glass of your favorite champagne would be a perfect complement for ***KFC Grilled Chicken***.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-Oak-Park-IL-review-b8e85
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-Coleslaw-review-16ae4

Elf food?

I was anxious to try the new Kentucky Grilled Chicken, but was disappointed when I did.  It tastes fine, but the pieces are really** tiny**.  I ate it with my son's family and the chicken legs were a perfect fit in my 2-year-old grandson's hand.  My son is a normal 6 ft tall man, and he joked that he felt like a giant eating it.  It was no joke, I honestly think they must use cornish hens.  It's smaller than rotisserie chicken.

It's fast food grilled chicken, what do you expect?

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

Every time I go out to eat, I always order the same thing, chicken. While I am not a huge fan of fried chicken, mainly because of how much fat and calories it adds to my diet, I am absolutely in love with grilled chicken. So when I found out KFC offered grilled chicken that wasn't a sandwich I was really excited. Now, being realistic I didn't set high expectations for this chicken. But I was pleasantly surprised by the KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken, it was tender and it tasted pretty good. Now, by no means is it comparable to home cooked grilled chicken or grilled chicken at a nice sit down restaurant, but for a fast food joint, it was surprisingly good. Sure, it had that "fast food" taste and tasted a bit too salty for my liking, but it was nonetheless a better option than the fried chicken. It was cheap, and you have it in your hands in a matter of minutes after paying for it. I would recommend the KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken because it keeps me on my diet, even when I'm out and about.

Good taste but just as bad for you as regular fried chicken.

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

This is one of those sneaky products KFC offers in an attempt to appear healthier. Although its delicious and just as good quality as regular KFC fried chicken the appeal to most people who purchase it I believe is that they think its a healthier alternative to regular fried chicken since its grilled and not fried. However its pretty much just as bad for you, it has the skin on and the fattier cuts are still going to have the same amount of calories.

I like to get the grilled version when having guests over just to have more options. I'll normally get a bucket of fried and a bucket of grilled so every one can have there favorite variety of flavor and cut of chicken.

Its a good product but again its deceptive. I recommend it if your not worried about your weight and can eat whatever you want.

Its also generally a big cheaper than the fried version which is great as well.

Not my favorite

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

I have enjoyed KFC since I was a kid. Now that it is KGC, I still enjoy it although not as much. I don't eat out too often anymore. During the holiday season I tend to eat out a lot more often than I do the rest of the year. Kentucky Grilled Chicken is better than I had initially expected but not as good as the original. It is seasoned very well which is what I would expect from them. It was juicy and tender and captured some of the tastefulness of the original chicken. Grilled chicken is good but it is definitely not my favorite. I appreciate he lower calories and health benefits of grilling the chicken as opposed to indulging in the fried version, however, it simply doesn't taste as good as the fried version. If I didn't care so much about calories and fat, I would not select the grilled chicken at all. It's not disgusting, I just miss the crispness of the fried version.

KFC Grilled Chicken

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

This grilled chicken is very juicy and Delicious. When I brought this chicken i didn't think that it would be good because I always get my chicken fried and i ether get it spicy or plain. But every blue moon I get it mixed. But now i just Love the Grilled chicken that KFC makes now. And if you are a grilled chicken Lover like me you are going to Love KFC Grilled chicken. I turned my family into grilled chicken eaters as well. And since KFC Chicken that they grill and the sauces that you can pick from are also very good and tasteful the sauces make the Grilled chicken from KFC taste even better ten times better than just eating it plain. but this chicken that’s Grilled from KFC comes ready to eat its hot and fresh and it comes in a bucket that’s carry able and easy to hold and no matter how hot the Grilled chicken is you won’t hurt yourself and the bucket keeps the chicken hot and ready for you and your family to enjoy like me and mines enjoy today and as of right now I’m eating on some of KFC Grilled chicken now.

Yuck!

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

I wish I could just leave just a few words to describe this but I have do go into detail. This is nasty chicken. It's a dry, tasteless, flavorless disappointment. It's just not good. Now maybe I bought a batch from the wrong KFC or maybe they just gave me the chicken that had been sitting around all day. I don't know but it was not a pleasant experience.

Favorite chicken!

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

I love this chicken! It is very tasty. I tried it for the first time a few days ago, not expecting it to be too good because KFC has always been known for their fried chicken but when i tasted the grilled chicken for the first time i was very surprised. It was great!

Still KFC

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

The Kentucky Grilled Chicken phase was cool while it lasted. The Grilled variety of the chicken came as an attempt to appear healthier, and while it is marginally better for you than the fried variety it is still fast food chicken. Save yourself the hassle and the taste and go with original fried variety.

very dry

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

Very dry chicken tasting chicken. The seasoning has a good taste if they could cook it without drying it out this would be a success. Probably depends on which KFC you go to and who's in the kitchen.
A much healthier choice then the grease soaked fried chicken.

KFC Grilled chicken is an EXCELLENT replacement for FRIED!

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

Being an advocate for heathier eating through education and substitution, I was so thrilled to see that KFC has decided to join the food revolution even if it's not completely on the band wagon yet. Although they continue to fry their chicken and feed it to the masses, they have come to a reality that there is a culture of healthy eaters that enjoys chicken, too, and they want to provide a product that is heathier and still remains tasty as to keep that portion of the population coming to their store. They have been very successful with this product and, in my classes, I promote this particular product as a smarter substitution to fried chicken. People can still enjoy the convenience of the drive through but can eat fewer fat laden calories by simply ordering a bucket of GRILLED versus FRIED chicken and still get a tasty meal with corn and a biscuit. When we see that we can still enjoy food, we tend to feel better and live longer.

Thank you, KFC.

Sandy

not liking this chicken at all.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about KFC Kentucky Grilled Chicken:

Let me start by saying it's really hard for me to be disgusted by food.  Even with mediacore items I would often see where they were headed and appreciate it for what it is.

I am seriously shocked at how many people like this grilled chicken from KFC.  I went with some friends to take advantage of the freebie. Decided to go ahead and get a bucket since it was lunch time for us.  Tried the thigh, the drum and the wing. Dipped them in ketchup, honey bbq sauce and honey mustard.  There was absolutely NOTHING that made this chicken taste good. The word "bland" is too soft of a word to describe this stuff.  Do they even season this stuff?  They weren't even close to moist.  Very dry.  With every bite, I was giving it a chance since we spent money on this, I would have liked to think we got a good meal.  I even tasted a piece of my friend's breast piece hoping for something, alas it was like chewing on a soft bone.

I'm not a big fan of El Pollo Loco, but if i put this chicken against theirs, Pollo Loco would win by miles.

I am honestly saying this is hands down the WORST chicken I've ever had and for me to say that, it says a lot.