View more smokers

Rival
ROS180
K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster

RivalK.C. Food Smoker and Roaster

Love smoked food and this makes it a lot easier.

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

I am still learning about smoking food, but this sure makes it possible. I have made large amounts of food in this smoker. It's fun to experiment with marinades, rubs, etc. I will be able to tell more the longer I have it.  You simply soak your chips overnight and put those in the bottom.  The next tray is where your water, wine or liquid goes.  You then put your racks of food in, set outside and plug her up.  Set it low and let her smoke.  Get a themostat so you can make sure it is cooked to the right temperature.

Rival KC Smoker- Good barbecue made easy

from Hagerstown, MD

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

I've had mine for over a year now.  I've used it at least a dozen times.  It maintains temperature really well.  It produces the right amount of smoke. Fairly easy to clean up but no smoker is easy to clean.  I'm not sure what the reasoning is with the short power cord. Just be sure to use a heavy gauge extension cord, not one of those brown or white zip cord type extension cords that you would use on a lamp or TV.  It's the perfect size for a couple racks of babyback ribs, a pork butt, a chicken or small turkey. A regular rack of spare ribs needs to be cut in two pieces.  I haven't tried a brisket yet but it will fit just fine as well.  My only complaint is that the power indicator lights for the smoker and roaster are hard to see in daylight.  They're not very bright.  I bought mine online at WalMart and had it shipped to the local store but their website now says "Not available in stores", "Not available online". (10/20/08) Not sure if it's just out of stock or maybe they don't sell it anymore.  I really like mine.  It's perfect for small batches of barbecue and it's easy to use.

Yumm-O, easy to use, better than goin to on expensive BBQ place!

from Ontario, OR

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

I received the Rival KC Smoker for Christmas in 2007.  I probably should use it more, so that I could learn more about it.  The food comes out great, moist and tasty.  I have no complaints about that.  Even the clean up hasn't been bad.  The only complaint I would have is that when I follow the temp control settings on the dial, the meat cooks too fast with not much smokey flavor.  The baby backs were super though.......So, like I tell my kids "Practice makes Perfect"!  I will keep trying.....

Foolproof and delicious!

from Akron, OH

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

I have had my smoker for over a year and have used it a lot. Everything I have made with this has turned out very good. Made some killer baby backs yesterday. In the winter I use a short bungee cord hooked to the handles and stretched over the lid to keep it tighter. I also use a very heavy duty short extension cord. My biggest complaint is the clean-up. YUUUUUUUCK!

lots of fun

from East Peoria, IL

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

The Rival KC Smoker has met all my expectations. My brother-in-law has 3 of them doing a variety of meats at once. He sold me on the product and I immediately went about the process of finding one. I have used the bar-b-que sauce recipe on baby-backs. WOW... were they ever a hit. And sooo moist. Awfully easy to impress with bar-b-que from this little jem. This oven was purchased for the Christmas holiday use. It was easy to use and performed very well with easy to read instructions I can't wait until later in the summer to use it outside to smoke a ham or turkey. I roasted a 20 pound turkey for our Christmas feast and it came out great. You really must try this product.

compact and useful

from Newnan, GA

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

This grill is very useful for outdoor grilling and a great addition to the family outdoor experience. It enhances the time that the family spends together and creates bonding experiences that are priceless and memory making. Time spent together during a cookout is time well spent in the great outdoors that we are meant to enjoy and share with others. It is a great tool for entertaining guests and having friends, associates, church members, family members and neighbors.

I've never been good at smoking meat, but this is so easy.

from Haughton, LA

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

We purchased the smoker after this past Christmas, and seeing it at Wal-mart. I had never had the patience for smoking meat and always tended to rush it, usually resulting in a poor meal. I followed the instructions for beef briskit, and after the time given for cooking was up, pulled out the most tender and flavorful thing I had ever managed to make. I have since done other items such as pork and chicken and been very satisfied with the results. The only drawback is having to clean up after stuffing yourself with good food.

Best Quality and Value

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Rival K.C. Food Smoker and Roaster:

best value worth every penny i have spent to buy this machine. rival has done it again. i trust the company and quality provided to the consumers. most of my appliances are from rival, over the years, it has never fialed me.