Other Strollers:

Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

This stroller is affordable, functional and easy to use, fold...

My first double stroller was a Graco tandem and I couldn't stand it. My children would pull on each other's hair, kick the back of the seat, etc.I then bought another stroller that was a side by side. When my oldest daughter turned 4, her head was hitting the canopy/umbrella. Like most Mom's, we are always on the go...we frequent theme parks, malls, the zoo, aquariums, etc. A stroller is necessary for these outings. I came across the Sit and Stand stroller in another brand, but the "back seat" part that is utilized as the sit or stand seat didn't offer enough leg room. I found the Joovy "caboose" online and went to my local baby store to try it out. I LOVE IT. It rolls very smoothly, the wheels are large, so the turn radius is great. I like that the canopy covers both of my children while sitting, the basket on the bottom is a decent size. The toddler tray is great. The front seat reclines and the foot rest raises if your child takes a cat nap.This stroller folds easily, but is a little "long", so measure it before you buy to make sure it will fit in your vehicle. I like that this stroller accommodates 2 toddlers or if you have an infant in a baby carrier seat, it will pop on the front and your toddler still has a seat on the back. Joovy's Caboose is a wonderful double stroller to start with and end with. You shouldn't have to buy another one. I wish someone would have told me that long ago....I had to buy 3 double strollers to get it right! I LOVE that this stroller is afforable and functional! What I "would change" about the stroller is, I would add another cup holder for a child and one for the parent. I would also manufacture it in pink, being a Mom of 2 girls...

Joovy sit and stand stroller: not worth the money.

When I first saw this stroller, I thought it was a great idea--the concept is to have your infant in the front and toddler can sit or stand on the back. The concept is still good, but the execution is poor. You can attach any infant carrier car seat to the front-BUT the straps are difficult to work with and once the car seat is in place, there is no room for your older child to sit in the back. The front seat only reclines about half way for a sleeping baby, so I never use it when it's just the baby and I, because her little head always falls forward or to the side. You have to really watch the seat belts too because when they go through to snap in, they can easily pinch chubby baby legs before you even know what's happened. Don't even think about trying to steer this with one hand--impossible. No cup holders, which I thought wouldn't be that big a deal, until it was 100 degrees out this summer. Our diaper bag is too big to fit in the bottom storage area (just a standard size diaper bag). The wheels wont's traverse many kinds of terrain easily--no grassy areas, no gravel, won't even go over one-inch sidewalk cracks without coming to an abrupt stop (at which point, my toddler bangs his head on the forward facing seat). Lastly, I drive a Ford Fusion--decent trunk space, but this thing is nearly impossible to get in and out, especially when it has the car seat attachment on it.

Child Comfort
Infant seat does not recline far enough for sleeping child.

Maneuverability
Cannot steer with one hand, wheels tend to get locked making it impossible to turn, absolutely will not travel over anything but smooth pavement, nearly impossible to pop up over curbs (especially when older child is in the rear).

Love it!

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

Great stroller for all kids. I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and newborn and while they can't use it all at once, were always able to find a combination of seating for 2 of them. I love the detachable back seat for when I am out with just the younger two. I do wish it were a bit lighter though.

Great design, not too long or bulky. Pushes smooth and looks appealing.

Safety
The 5 point harness is great for younger kids and I like that the seat for the back has an optional seatbelt.

Child Comfort
Definitely not the most comfortable stroller for kids. I didn't chose this stroller for comfort though, more for it's practicality. I wish the seats were made out of a different material that was softer.

Maneuverability
Maneuvers well, but not like I would have hoped for the high price of this stroller. Definitely could be better. It does the trick though for what I use it for.

We have had for 2 years and it's still in great shape. Hopefully it lasts another 2 years!

• Maneuverability:

Great stroller with versality for two small children or twins

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I have had this stroller since my son (now 8 months) was born. His older sister is now 4, and she is of average height/weight and the sit/stand option for her is great. I live in a metropolitan city and it is a lifesaver when getting around. We have taken it all over town, to the San Diego Zoo and Disneyland multiple times. It is surprisingly easy to assemble/disassemble (I can do it with one hand) and fits well in my Honda Civic's average size trunk. Everywhere we go, people notice that my older daughter is using the unique standing feature and always comment on how they wish this type of stroller existed when they had children.

Child Comfort
I do wish the sliding compartment came out just a little further for the standing child to sit more comfortably. It would also make storing larger items easier (we have trouble getting our diaper bag in and out at times.)

Maneuverability
The frame has gotten more wobbly over the months. It tends to veer to one direction a little now and is difficult up hills.

Awesome for two!

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I really like this stroller, I have three kids and didn't discover it until my third child, but we use it almost everywhere. The one year old sits in the stroller, while my four year old stands in back for a ride. I love the fact that you can fold the stroller, and open it, very easily; almost with one hand. Its very sturdy, and your second child can stand or sit as needed. However, there is a lack of storage space. I can barely fit my purse into the under part of the stroller, my diaper bag was way too big. You can put larger bags in the bottom, but then you won't be able to slide the seat over the top and your older child will have to stand. The other problem is the sunshade. I have my older one pulling it over her, and then my son gets the sun in his eyes. Or the older one pushes it down, covering my son. Its not a big issue, just more of an annoyance.

The design is great for being able to fit two children comfortably in a stroller. If the storage space was larger underneath, I would absolutely be in love with this stroller. I had to change my diaper bag just to use the storage space with this stroller to allow my four year old to sit on it as well. You can also use this stroller with the infant seat, its suppose to be able to pop in with the right attachment, but I never used it for that.

Safety
There are seat belts in the typical stroller seat for your little one, and there is also a seat belt for the older child in the back. However, due to storage issues, I have never made my older one wear the seat belt, but I feel she's safe enough. If your older child sticks his foot out, it can drag on the floor, or possibly get hit by the wheel, but that's only if they are intentionally moving it that way.

Child Comfort
My children look comfortable sitting on both sides of the stroller. I don't think the back part would be good for children over 6, maybe 5 if they are tall. But for now, it works for our 4 year old rather nicely.

Maneuverability
This is a great stroller to push and to control. I love that even though its a two person stroller, its not abnormally wide and huge like other two-child strollers are. Its easy to push, glides easily and quickly. I'm 5'11" and the length is quite comfortable for me to push as well.

We got this stroller as a hand me down and all the components are still working after two years. We did have to put a piece of fabric tape over a slight, cosmetic tear in the seat (caused by a child) but mechanically, everything is still in working order.

• Maneuverability:

A near necessity if you have multiple kiddos

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

After having our second baby, I was insistent we get a double stroller. My husband was a little hesitant because double strollers are just "not cool." However, I feel this one really does the trick and is not quite as obtrusive as other double strollers I've seen. Here are some pros and cons:
PROS:
-Can accommodate nearly any car seat while maintaining the stand portion in the back. This was super important to us and we love having the versatility of a travel system.
-The child in back can choose to either sit or stand while the front is also in use. Our three-year-old loves being able to choose how she rides. And if she's happy, everybody's life is easier.

CONS:
-When folded up, it's pretty bulky. Make sure you have a clean trunk because this stroller will take up most of it.
-The seat fabrics do not come off easily for cleaning. We've had to spot clean everything, which gets tiresome.

Overall, we are very happy with this stroller and with just a few minor tweaks, I think it could be absolutely perfect!

Coudn't live without it!

from Merrimack, NH

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I love my sit and stand stroller. It is perfect for my daughter (4) and my son (1 and a half) and has been since my son was born. It's so easy for my daughter to get on and/or off the stroller, she can sit if she's really tired or stand to be able to see more of the surroundings. We use it every day when we take our walk. It's super easy to collapse and fits in my trunk no problem, and I can even open it up one handed! This stroller is designed really well. I like how easy it is to collapse and open back up again, I like the comfort of the handles for pushing it while you are walking. I like that both my kids are buckled in when they are sitting down it it. I like that it doesn't take up much space at all when collapsed even though it is a double stroller and both my kids can ride in it. I even like the color! It's stylish and functional and both my kids are comfortable enough that they are not begging to get out of the stroller and walk around, I like knowing that they are safe.

Not the stroller for us

from Ogden, IA

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

When I was pregnant with my youngest, we thought it'd be nice to purchase a stroller that my 3 year old could hop on and ride on when his legs got tired, as well as push our infant in. We decided upon the Joovy Sit'n Stand LX based on price, bold colors, the basket underneath, and the sit/stand option. My youngest was born last December, so we didn't get a chance to test it out until last spring. We were excited to go on a walk as a new family of 4. So, we took the Joovy out of the box and I won't lie, it took us awhile to put together. No fun with two little ones. Then, once put together, we had my 3 year old try it out. He was hunched over and far from comfortable. He's not super tall. I'd guess about average height so I was kind of bummed. Next, we had him try standing on the back. That wasn't a comfortable fit for any of us, either. It made it difficult to push. And pushing it without the extra weight of my 3 year old is a complete other story. It doesn't do corners well and is all around hard to push. It didn't do well in the grass or turning corners. It also is big and bulky and took up the entire trunk. Overall, I'd say I was pretty bummed about this stroller. We used it 3 times and sold it to a secondhand store for far less than a quarter of what we spent on it.

nice durable double stroller

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

This is an awesome stroller! I got it for my children who are two and a half years apart. There is an attachment for the infant seat on the front. Your older child can sit or stand on the back, creating more independence. The stroller folds up relatively small when not in use. I like it because it is not as big and wonky as other double strollers out there. I live in the city so I need something more compact and this one gets the job done! It is very well made and seems like it will stand the test of time. It was a little hard to maneuver it with the infant seat because it was so heavy and long, but now that we are not using that it is much easier to steer.

It is compact with a seat in the front and a nice big basket underneath.

Safety
This stroller has five point harnesses for both seats.

Child Comfort
No complaints from the kiddos, even on long outings!

Maneuverability
A little on the heavy side, but it is doable.

This stroller is very sturdy. It seems like it is well made and will outlast others on the market.

• Maneuverability:

Awesome product when you have a baby and toddler or older!

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I love this stroller! My first 2 children are only 2 years apart, so we got this stroller. It can fit a standard cradle car seat in it with the older child sitting or standing in the back. And when the baby is old enough to sit in it without the car seat, there's a little more room in the back. Storage is sufficient underneath, but not huge. Enough for a good size diaper bag and maybe a smaller bag also. No cup holders, but lots of great pockets for phone/keys. Only drawback is that the pockets are in reach of the older child and not on the handle, so watch your little one to keep the keys and phone safe from being played with or dropped. But overall, it is awesome and so much easier when in a shopping mall with tight corners and spaces in stores compared to a double stroller that has 2 full size seats.

wish there was storage in the handle

Safety
has handles for the older child to hold onto when standing in the back, as well as a seatbelt in the back when sitting

Maneuverability
so much easier to maneuver than a double long or double wide stroller!

bought it gently used and used it heavily for 2 years and still going strong!

• Maneuverability:

Great sit and stand style stroller!

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I love our Joovy. It has a nice big canopy that can go over both the baby and the big boy. It is nice and trim so it maneuvers easily in fairly small areas compared to some of the other double strollers I have tried. I love that the new style comes in multiple colors instead of the original black!

I think the only things I would change would be a double break system so that I only have to lock one side and the other locks automatically. The other thing is that when you collapse the stroller I would have an auto latch. It has a nice big under compartment for storage.

Safety
It has a 3 point harness for the front seat and the back seat has a lap belt and handle bars so if the little one wants to stand or sit they can.

Child Comfort
It has an adjustable foot rest for the little one and nicely padded seat that can sit straight up or lay down.

Maneuverability
Turns well compared to some of the other doubles I have tried. It feels a little long still but it is a double.

I purchased mine preowned and it still works beautifully.

• Maneuverability:

Neat stroller but expensive!

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Joovy Sit 'n Stand LX Stroller:

I have only used the Joovy Sit 'n Stand one time, so this review is based on that experience.

A friend of mine has two small kids and recently when we were shopping together, we used this stroller to corral the kidlets. I was surprised at the ease of use and design. It is a fairly simple design but still manages to look pretty attractive. It folds and unfolds nicely, and was not hard at all to use it in a semi crowded shopping mall.

We did have some spillage which generally happens when around two small children, and it was super easy to clean up. The fabric cleans quickly and easily with no fuss.

I loved that it had the option to sit and stand, which made the older kiddo happy, because she felt like she was being a big kid while still getting pushed around in a stroller.

The only thing I really didn't like was the price tag .When I asked my friend how much it cost, the number she told me was too high for what I would want to pay for one if I had a need for one. Other than the price tag, its a very nice dual use stroller.

The overall design is fantastic. Easy to use, easy to clean and attractive.

Safety
Super sturdy which in my opinion adds a lot to the safety of the stroller.

Child Comfort
There were no complaints from either child about the comfort of the stroller for the few hours they were riding in it, a huge plus!

Maneuverability
I was surprised how easy it was to maneuver through stores, aisles and a busy mall.