Other Strollers:

Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Good quality for the price

Comments about Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller:

After doing much review on double strollers, I decided on the joovy because it seemed the best quality for the price. It does not ride and turn quite as smoothly as the more expensive double strollers, but for our purposes of casual use like going for walks to the park and occasional outings, it works great. My daughters love that they can sit side by side and talk, hold hands, and share snacks. I love the big basket storage space underneath and also the canopy that provides shade over the kids. It is a little bit heavy, but I think that's also what makes it durable.

Overall, I like the design. It can be a little difficult to navigate sharp turns. When you fold it down, the front bumper piece hits the ground. I had read this in other reviews and it seems to bother some and not others. It doesn't really bother me, so that's not much of an issue.

Child Comfort
Both my girls seem quite comfortable in this stroller. It is nice having the option to recline them individually if one of them is tired.

good overall stroller

Comments about Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller:

I chose this stroller for my twins mainly because I'd read that it fits through most doorways and it has a big basket beneath the seats and those were two of the most important factors I was looking for in a stroller. I am so glad I chose this stroller. I have not had a problem with it not fitting through doors, it even fits through my front door. The basket is huge. My giant diaper bag doesn't even take up half the basket. I also like that it's very easy to fold and unfold. It's easy to change the levels of the seats from reclined to upright and back again. It actually folds up quite small for a double stroller. I love that it has a ton of pockets and pouches so if the giant basket just isn't enough for you, you're covered. I also like that the sun shield has a flap you can unroll to reveal a clear cover so you can peak down while you're walking and see how the kids are doing. The cover has two different levels to depending on where the sun is you can have more or less shade.
One thing I don't like about this stroller is how the front wheels swivel and it is not very easy to change their direction. If the wheels are pointed in a different direction it takes quite a bit of force to get the stroller to move forward, but once you do that it's easy riding. I am very tall and sometimes my feet have the tendency to hit the metal bar that holds the rear wheels together, beneath the brake bar. I also wish the handle was a little higher up, but I would have that problem with any stroller so I'm not going to take off points for that. Overall I really like this stroller.

• Maneuverability:

Good idea, but bulky, hard to steer, and top-heavy

Comments about Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller:

This stroller is a good concept, but is very heavy and bulky. The front wheels tend to swivel and get suck sideways, and turning requires leaning my full weight on the handle. It is too wide to fit through many standard doorways, and some store walkways. My twins like how high up they sit, but the stroller feels very top heavy, and I've had the experience of it tipping a few times when trying to turn corners. Of the two side by side double strollers I've used, this one is wider and harder to move.

A narrower footprint would be very helpful. The stroller is wide and hard if not impossible to fit through doorways of older buildings. I've had to remove my children and fold down the stroller to get it through the door of my older child's school.

Maneuverability
Very hard to steer and turn. I have to lean with my full weight to turn the stroller when children are in both seats. The front wheels have a tendency to turn sideways and get somewhat stuck in that position.