Other Strollers:

Joovy Caboose Stroller

Pros

Cons

• Maneuverability:

Perfect Stroller for moms with a toddler and infant.

I bought the red one which is a limited edition and came with the parent organizer and a reversible all-season seat cover. It also comes in green, orange, black, camo, pink and blue. It also came with the infant seat holder. The snack tray comes off and you put the infant seat holder in its slot. Then you place the infant seat on the front and there are straps (kinda like a seatbelt) that go over the infant seat to hold it to the stroller. I wanted the ultralight as opposed to the regular Caboose since it's lighter and all the reviews I read online sounded like it was worth it. You can fold it up with the infant seat holder still attached to the stroller. I drive a 1999 Nissan Maxima and when it's folded, I can ***just*** fit it into the widest part of my trunk, but it fits so I'm happy.My 2.5 year old loves her seat. The front seat can't be used until the baby is 6 months old because it doesn't have full recline so the infant carseat takes up some of the older child's room right now. I remove the canopy completely when we are using the stroller indoors like the mall so my toddler has more headroom since she is 40" tall. I think it will be better for her once the baby can ride in the front seat without the infant seat. The back "toddler" seat has multiple positions and a seatbelt that comes up between her legs to help hold her on. She likes the handles too. She has tried it both ways--sitting on the bench and standing on the platform and really likes them both. When I do have the canopy on, it has good coverage on both kids. I'm looking forward to being able to just use the stroller without the infant seat. I think it will be 100% perfect at that point.The parent organizer is great. Room for my drink and even my toddler's baby doll fits when we use it to get the mail out by the road. The basket underneath isn't as large as my travel system's basket, but it's functional. My Skip Hop Duo diaper bag pretty much fills it up. I wish the basket was more accessible. When the toddler is on her bench, I have to get into the basket from the side. The sides are flexible so you can pull them down, but somewhat of a pain.

Heavy and hard to steer

The Joovy Caboose, despite all of its good ratings, is the worst stroller I have ever used. I wanted to avoid spending a lot of money on a double stroller, assuming that my oldest wouldn't be using a stroller for long after my second son was born. I bought the Joovy thinking it would be good for a double, but that it was small enough to use as a single when my older son outgrew it. I was wrong.

The Joovy is heavy and hard to push. It takes up a ton of space in the car and is difficult to navigate in and out of stores. Even without a second passenger, the infant seat makes the stroller even more difficult to maneuver. I thought, perhaps, it would be easier to use once my son was big enough to sit in the seat without the infant car seat. It wasn't. The harness was difficult to adjust and the stroller seat doesn't recline enough to make it comfortable for a younger baby to sit or sleep in.

My older son didn't mind sitting or standing on the back, but even though he is small for his age (5th percentile!), even at 2 years old he was never able to fit  comfortably in the front seat. He was too big for the harness to be buckled.

The storage basket, which is ridiculously small and only holds 5 lbs, broke immediately. Customer service sent out a replacement. Unfortunately because the basket was too small it was impossible to travel with anything. With a child on the back you can't hang a diaper bag from the handle.

I hated the Joovy Caboose and would not recommend it to anyone.

I was so sad when I finally had to let this go!

from Clarkston, Mi

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Easily Stowed
  • Easy To Maneuver
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth Ride
  • Stylish

Cons

• Infants
    • Newborn
    • Toddlers

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

As a family of six just let me say I love this stroller. After going through multiple strollers over the many years of parenting this is the one! I love how light it is (I have major back issues). It is easy to maneuver in those tight spaces in the mall but sturdy enough to go off road through the grass at the park! Ours has been though airports, planes and Disney! I love the extra seat for my older children too! My favorite feature is the canopy portion is actually big enough to shade the child in the front and the back! I'm so sad that my oldest who is four doesn't really ride in a stroller anymore! I have it to one of my best friends who loves it too!

Versatile, easy to use

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

Adding a second (or more child)? This may be the answer. My children were two years apart and the oldest was responsible enough not to need a full-time stroller anymore. With this, I could put her sister in the carrier, snap-n-go style at first and she could use the seat in the back for parking lots or when she grew tired. Mom will want a sling or backpack style diaper bag. The basket underneath is generous but not a ton of room for a several hour trip. (Now that my kids are 2 and 4, it's more than enough room for the gear we need.) The stroller is light weight and folds up well.

Child Comfort
    Front seat doesn't have a lot of padding, but they are diaper butts.

Very happy with the Joovy Caboose

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

Overall, I am happy with the purchase of my stroller. I get many compliments on it too! We've had the stroller for the past year and it has been very good to us! I have a 1 year old and 3 year old, which seems to be perfect for them. The bottom of the stroller, as well as the add-on they include for the top of the stroller, are great storage areas. The tray and canopy both detach, which is nice. I have a Nissan Versa Hatchback, which is not big at all. I am able to fit the stroller in the back easily when I take the canopy off.

We plan to take this stroller to Disney World this summer and I feel that it will not disappoint as we have to check the stroller at the airport and take it around on our vacation. The ease with the design and how my 3 year old can jump on and off will all be a major convenience for my family.

My only disappointment is the that it doesn't seem as comfortable as the other strollers out there, though the design is like that so that it may keep a compact shape. If you feel your child may want added cushion, there is add-on padding available for the front seat.

I like how my 3 year old can stand or sit in the back and as my 1 year old rides in the front. My 3 year old can jump on and off as he pleases (based on where we are and what we are doing!). The stroller is compact enough to bring in crowded places, though sits both children. My only issue with the design is that my 3 year old can't sit in the back if my 1 year old is reclined. Though, I'd take the compact size over this slight inconvenience.

Safety
    The durable build of the stroller ensures the safety of my children as they ride.

Child Comfort
    This I my least favorite aspect of the stroller. Because of the issue with being unable to recline in the front with a child sitting in the back, I rated this lower than the other categories. Also, the seat in the front doesn't have much padding. You would need to purchase and add-on insert for the extra cushioning.

Maneuverability
    This hadn't been an issues to recently. We've had the stroller for a year and it makes a squeak noise. I think I need to put some WD-40 on the stroller and hopefully the squeak goes away and the maneuverability is back to where it was.

Seems to be a well made stroller. It has gotten beat around for the past year, taking it from place to place and children riding. It seems to be something that will keep together for the next few years.

• Maneuverability:

I'm amazed with this stroller.

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

When I found out I was pregnant with my second child I was so excited, however thinking about how I was going to tote around a newborn and a toddler was somewhat intimidating. My husband was set on getting a double stroller, however I had seen many double strollers and was not convinced. Most of them are huge and bulky and just impossible to put together or pull in and out of the back of my SUV. I needed something that I could handle on my own that wasn't too heavy and that fit well in my SUV and didn't take uk the entire back end. When we came across this one I was very excited. My toddler was at a rebellious stage already, so giving her the option to sit or stand was just perfect in itself.

I love the design. It's very modern and well put together. You can easiky put your toddler in the "big girl seat", and your infant in the stroller.

Safety
    I have been concerned a time it two about my toddler falling when she is standing but it has never happened. There are handles for them to hold when standing and buckles for both children to use when seated.

Child Comfort
    It's very comfortable. The front seat reclines And pushes forward. The back seat slides forward and backwards giving the kid more back space if needed.

Maneuverability
    It is very easy to maneuver. We often go to soccer games and have to push through dirt and grass. We have no problems with this.

I have been using my stroller for a year and a half and it is still in perfect condition.

Very Versatile Stroller

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

I am very happy with this stroller overall. I think it has a great design and is very versatile. I added the optional second seat to mine, which turns the back bench seat into a standard reclining stroller seat. This optional seat sits on the back bench seat and snaps securely into place. It is very easy to change it back and forth, even on the go. No tools required! My infant carrier fits securely in the front seat and my two year old can nap comfortably in the back reclining seat. Even my five year old (he is short for his age, not sure if a typical five year old would fit) can take a rest on the bench seat as needed with just a quick swap. This is why I feel this stroller is so versatile. It is a great design for our family!

The only reason I have given this stroller a 9 and not a 10 in design is because the basket underneath the stroller is not very accessible with the second seat in place.

Safety
    I have given this stroller a 9 instead of a 10 in safety because I feel the stroller's sun shade is too small. It doesn't really protect both children adequately. We solved this problem by purchasing a clip on sunshade.

Child Comfort
    The seats are nicely cushioned and my children seem to be very comfortable riding in it.

Maneuverability
    This stroller is very easy to maneuver compared to other double strollers I have tried. Even when loaded down with two kids and heavy shopping bags, it turns easily and steers well.

We have had this stroller for two years and it still looks great! The color is still nice and bright and cleans up easily. Also, replacement parts are available for purchase on the manufacturer's website. We lost the parent organizer and could replace it easily. I guess that doesn't really relate to the stroller's durability, but it does help the stroller last longer.

• Maneuverability:

Joovy Caboose: A solid choice for a two-child stroller.

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

We bought this after we learned we'd be having a baby. Our youngest was three at the time, and was very much a stroller kid--she wanted to be pushed around, pulled around, and moving all the time. This was a nice compromise that let her ride in a special seat while still giving me a place to put the infant carrier. It's put up with everything we can throw at it, folds down relatively flat, and if needed you can get a second chair attachment that fits nicely over the "big kid seat" in the back. She gets a pretty big kick out of it, and enjoys standing up while it's moving.

Loved this stroller!

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

All in all a great product. Could use a better lower basket since it was always getting unbuttoned when my oldest son played with the foot rest.

Loved the colors and style of this stroller. The fabric made it fairly easy to clean as well.

Safety
    We did have an issue with getting our fingers pinched when folding it up but no direct harm to the child. Whatever child in the back needs to be watched since its fairly easy to get their feet stuck in the wheels.

Child Comfort
    It did squish my oldest son in the back when we used to the canopy and if you laid back from child in the front it didn't leave much room for the child in the back.

Maneuverability
    Like any double stroller it is a bit bulking to get around stores but in outdoor places with lots of room it has been awesome.

Our stroller has lasted for 2 years and counting! and that's with two very rough little boys enjoying it both inside stores and out in the park.

Love!

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

I personally love this stroller. I bought it for when I had my second child but I paid about 150 versus the 200 shown above. I did find my toddler had not enough room for him to sit comfortably while the car seat is on the front. But once teh baby is old enough to not need it to ride in there he loves it. I have yet to buy the cover for it but I know there is a rain cover and the child in the back seat is covered as well. The only thing that would get wet would be his shoes if it is raining really hard. Personally I would buy this again if I needed to. I love the fact it came with a universal car seat thing where any type of car seat can be put on the stroller safely. I also the fact that there are straps to hold it in. All in all, its a great stroller and would def recommend over a traditional double stroller. It folds up quite easily and does not take up as much room as I thought it would in my kitchen. When you are walking make sure the wheels are not locked or you won't be able to turn!

Ok stroller

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

This was not a favorite stroller of mine. I ordered when pregnant with our 2nd child. We used the car seat adapter when he was a newborn and our other child was 3. It was easy to strap the seat it. It's a very heavy stroller- very heavy!! I really disliked getting it in and out of the car! Not super easy after having a baby!

The stroller is kind of hard to steer. It seems so long and hard to turn. Not easy in tight areas or when shopping and tight aisles.

Safety
    Was always fine in this area.

Child Comfort
    I didn't like how the seat didn't recline. For an older kid might not be an issue- but for our child under 1 I wish there would have been a way for him to recline more. Our 4 year old loved riding on the back. She always stood.

Maneuverability
    As stated before- kind of hard to steer. Not the best stroller to take shopping and try to make through tight aisles.

Very durable stroller. It's HEAVY!!! I really didn't like putting in and out of car!! Not the easiest!

Love this stroller

Comments about Joovy Caboose Stroller:

This was our go-to stroller for many outings. Our kids are 3 years apart and this solved a lot of issues. Our oldest didn't want to sit, so for the long treks through parking lots or at an event she could sit on the bench and feel like a big kid.

Love the area for my oldest to sit, and the storage underneath

Feels very solid

Child Comfort
    Both kids liked riding in this

Maneuverability
    Know that it's a longer stroller, but it still handles decently around turns

It can get a little dirty but holds up well