Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:

Johnson's Baby Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Johnson's No More Tears Formula: Baby Cleaning Perfection

Babies get messy and they need frequent care of the skin and hair to keep them healthy and clean. Many bath products exist to cleanse the skin, but there are only a few shampoos designed specifically with a baby's needs in mind. The most popular among these is **Johnson's Baby Shampoo**, a trusted product that has been helping parents for decades.

**Shampoo Commentary:**

Johnson's Baby Shampoo is one of the most recommend of all baby products. When my little girl was born, I received mixed advice on different products like diapers, formula, baby wipes, and the like. But when it came to shampoo, most everyone gave the same recommendation: Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Without hesitation, this is the product they recommended for young children thanks to its gentleness and its patented "No More Tears" formula. The main reason people turn to Johnson's Baby Shampoo is because of its gentle formula. It won't irritate the skin and it won't cause eye irritation like other shampoos. And because it is so gentle, parents do not need to hesitate to use it frequently. It can be used multiple times per day with no adverse affects to the scalp, hair, or skin. There is no soap or alcohol in Johnson's Baby Shampoo- two common ingredients found in most all shampoos and that contribute the most to clean, germ- free hair. But just because there is no soap or alcohol doesn't mean Johnson's Baby Shampoo cannot clean. It cleans the hair and scalp through its various chemicals. Most important among them, PEG- 80 Sorbitan Laurate is a cleansing agent that helps dissolve away dirt and grime. It is a common ingredient in children's cleaning products because it reduces irritation. Sodium Trideceth Sulfate is another cleansing agent; a surfactant that aids the cleaning process by allowing water to spread more evenly to better cleanse an area of skin. Adults sometimes use Johnson's Baby Shampoo and I admit that I, too, have given in a used it when supplies of my other shampoo were running low. This product is mild enough that it won't hurt your scalp but for most adults, the mildness is almost too great to make it effective. I have short hair so I can get away with using a product like Johnson's Baby Shampoo and still get a clean head of hair. But for really oily or dirty hair, this product won't cut it for most adults.

One other nice thing about Johnson's Baby Shampoo is that it lathers up so easily with such a small amount of shampoo. And since most baby's have only a small amount of hair to begin with, it takes a very small dab to get the job done and that means a single, small bottle will last a very long time. It also rinses very quickly and cleanly. There is absolutely no residue left behind when you use Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

**Bottom Line:**

Overall, Johnson's Baby Shampoo is a very good product for youngsters for many reasons. It won't irritate the scalp and it's gentle enough to use many times per day without risk. Regardless of what Fran Tarkenton once said on the television ads, I don't recommend using this shampoo on adult hair. But I do recommend it for babies and young children. It smells nice, is easy to apply and rinse away, and is formulated to keep your baby clean and fresh with no irritation to the eyes or scalp.

Too Harsh For Babies- Title is Misleading

When I was a young girl, I remember crying because shampoos hurt my eyes so much that I could not stand it. I saw the *No More Tears* campaign they were doing for Johnson's Baby Shampoo and I begged my mother to get it.

When she got it, I was prepared to have no more pain when tiny bits of water got in my eyes but I was in for a shock. The pain was worse than any other shampoo we had used until then.

I could never understand why I had such pain when this was supposed to be gentle.

It was many years before I understood the reason behind my experience.

Some years ago, I began to talk to scads of women over 29 who were having severe problems with their eyes- many times watering constantly, dry, intense weird problems. I was horrified when my mother told me that her eye doctor told her to wash her eyes with Johnson's Baby shampoo. I knew what it did to my eyes...In short, her eyes did not improve but got worse.

I met more and more women who were being told this same thing about using Johnson's Baby Shampoo in their eyes to wash around the edges. When I developed similar eye problems, I began to do research,

In short, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is listed as degenerating of eye tissue in the hazardous material sheets, and it is also known to build up in the system. So, the fact that the SLS is diluted way down in personal care products might mean that it does not hurt at first, but over time, it builds up and can cause eye and skin problems later in life,

I also learned that Johnson's Baby Shampoo has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it, but the no more tears part is just numbing agents to make it not hurt as much. My reaction was understandable then- my body did not experiencing numbing at all like it was supposed to.

After I took all sodium lauryl sulfate products out of my house, my family began to have fantastic improvement in our skin and eyes. After only a few months, I had no more eye problems like had tortured me for almost two years previously.

With that in mind, do you REALLY want to use a product like that on yourself let alone your baby? I don't.

I am not willing to use a shampoo like this on my children since I found relief when eliminating sodium lauryl sulfate from my body care products. Last time I looked, I saw that JOHNSONS BABY SHAMPOO still had it in it.

Instead, my daughter loves AUBREY ORGANICS NATURAL BABY & KIDS SHAMPOO. This really does a beautiful job on her hair, and interestingly it does not fade haircolor either. I find that the AUBREY ORGANICS NATURAL KIDS & BABY SHAMPOO is a fantastic shampoo with similar lovely fragrance and it performs amazing results on all types of hair. There are no numbing agents in this shampoo and it does not have sodium lauryl sulfate in it. You just avoid getting it in your eyes (or baby's) and it does not hurt much if you happen to get it in by mistake

Performance wise, hair is left soft and silky, although no body is often given to hair. This shampoo is pretty nice if you compare it with other chemical shampoos and does work on various types of hair.

Okay, let's say that you don't care about any of this. As far as shampoos go, the fragrance is very nice of JOHNSONS BABY SHAMPOO. It has a floral powdery smell which is very reminiscent of babies.

hi

from nyk

Pros

• Moisturizes
  • Non-Greasy
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

i use for my dother and its so good and jenal

• Skin Type:
    • Dry
    • Age:
    • 18-29

Wonderful Shampoo For Babies & Adults!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

Johnson's baby products have been around since before I was born. They really are the original trusted baby products company. This shampoo is VERY gentle on babies heads. It doesn't dry their scalp, and doesn't irritate their skin. When the shampoo lather gets near baby's eyes, it doesn't make them cry like other shampoos. It's also very good for adults. I had a temporary sensitivity issue, and my doctor recommended this shampoo for my use. It cleared everything right up, and I haven't had any problems since! I would totally recommend this baby shampoo for babies, senior adults, and everyone in between!

It doesn't dry out baby's scalp, it's sensitive for their tiny heads, and doesn't make them tear up when it gets close to their eyes.

I didn't really notice a scent, which is what I like about it. There was nothing heavy or anything to irritate baby's sensitive skin and eyes.

Great for sensitive skin

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

At some point, my skin became sensitive for awhile and I couldn't figure out why exactly. Switching over to this shampoo helped stop the problem while I tried to figure out exactly what was going on. It was nice that these were tear-free though.

This shampoo doesn't exactly lather up very well. Not having a lot of bubbles doesn't necessarily mean that it's not cleaning well, but it did make it a bit more difficult to shampoo all of my hair in one go. I would have to squeeze out some more and splash in some water. This is better used for short hair. Otherwise, you'll just have to use more.

Granted, this is speaking from the perspective of adult use. I personally used it to try minimizing additives found in other shampoos as I tried to figure out why my scalp became sensitive.

I personally thought the scent was weird, but I put up with it. It wasn't that bad, it's just not what I would personally like. The scent sticks in the hair too, which wasn't always such a great thing.

It's a good shampoo but I like others better

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

The Johnson's Baby Shampoo had been used on both of my kids when they were babies. It was a pretty good shampoo, but there are others that I liked better. I learned later how much better the natural and organic shampoos are for babies/children. I know that the Johnson and Johnson brand of shampoo is known for the no tear shampoo, but I would have to say that although this is probably more gentle than other shampoo you will still experience the tears. The scent of this is alright. It's a soft and gentle baby smell. It's not a bad scent, but I wouldn't say that the smell is great. It's just okay. The nice thing about this shampoo is that it is inexpensive and you can find it in most stores. All in all it's not a bad shampoo, I would just rather choose others over it.

It does lather up on the hair and get it clean. It rinses well also.

The scent is good, but I wouldn't call it great. It's just okay. It's a soft, gentle and mild baby scent.

Classic Baby Shampoo

from Florida

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

Johnsons baby shampoo is a classic baby product and one that has been used and trusted by parents for years. And for good reason. It is gentle and nothing really compares to it. Its a great smelling product that is sensitive to baby's skin but strong enough to keep baby clean.

The smell is a mild one and leaves baby smelling clean and fresh after you rinse them off. It is a shampoo/baby wash that you can use with newborns and keep using it until your little one is well into toddler hood.

The product is well worth the price, and I would gladly pay even a little more for a product this good, needless to say I would recommend this product to friends?

I have absolutely no complaints about how well this product works. It exceeds expectations. Its not oily but also doesn't dry baby's skin out.

I love the classic fresh scent that this has, its clean and simple. It stays with baby long after bath time.

Good Shampoo for babies.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

We used the Johnson's Baby Shampoo on our daughter when she was little and it worked great. Once she reached about a year old and her hair was already shoulder length we had to switch because it was not doing it's job as well as it should have. I would recommend this shampoo to everyone with new babies and children.

This shampoo always got my daughter's hair clean and smelling good. It was great on her sensitive scalp and never made her break out. The no tears solution really does work, which makes it much easier with squirmy children that do not really want their hair washed. This shampoo did also help with breaking up our daughter's cradle cap.

The scent of the Johnson's Baby Shampoo is a very mild scent. It smells good but is no where near over powering or strong. It kept our daughter's hair smelling good and did not make her smell like she bathed in perfume. She still had that clean-fresh baby smell to her.

A shampoo thats light and gentle

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

I love most of the Johnson's products, they all smell great and there affordable. This Johnsons baby shampoo is my favorite. Its the original scented one and his has a thick texture that lathers very well. I love the way it smells, it smells so fresh and clean. I've always used this on my son ever since he was a newborn. Its very mild and it gently cleanses his hair making it really soft. Its easy to rinse off and it doesn't burn his eyes. Its great because its hypoallergenic and this bottle always lasts me a long time. I like how his hair looks really shiny and he smells good all day. I even The smell isn't overpowering its very soft scented. I use it for his body too and his body feels really smooth after. I recommend this for any baby at any age its safe and very delicate. I definitely will keep buying this Johnsons baby shampoo its perfect for my little one and I'm very pleased with it.

Great shampoo for little ones.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

This product has been around forever and it still a great children's shampoo. I used it on my children and now I am using it on my grandchildren. It is gentle, does not sting the eyes and does a great job of cleaning the hair. My grandchildren do not cry if it gets in their eyes. It is so gentle it can even be used as a body wash for the whole family. It is less expensive than many of the shampoos and body washes on the market and does as good a job of cleaning the hair. It would be good for any family member that has sensitive or dry skin.

Johnson's lathers well, does a good job of cleaning the hair and does not create a lot of tangles. It makes little ones' hair easy to comb after a bath. It cleans well enough to be used by adults as well as a body wash or shampoo or both.

The scent is clean and not overpowering. The shampoo could be used by the whole family particularly those who have allergies to scented products.

For us big Babies too

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

This is a great shampoo for children of all ages. I have an itchy scalp and dry to normal hair, which tends to have a static after a normal cleaning (shampooing). I have used adult shampoos with a conditioner or the 2 in 1 shampoos, all with the same result, fly away static finish even if I only towel dry. The Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo seems to work the best of all the different shampoos I have tried to control the static, dry itchy scalp and even any dandruff (which I don't usually have) and it leaves my hair soft, shiny, silky and best of all my wife likes the baby fresh smell (we might be older just not dead yet) . The other benefits are when the grandchildren come over there is always shampoo for them here for when they take baths here or have a sleep over. So we have the best of all worlds with just one shampoo for me and the grandchildren. My wife has her own brand which is another review.

This product does what it advertises and more. No tears for the kids and they get clean shiny hair. I get a great cleaning/shampoo I can use every day.

Smells like a baby fresh out of the tub.

Wonderful product for babies and adults alike!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Johnson's Baby Shampoo:

Everything about this product is absolutely amazing. I have been using this product (as an adult) for the past couple of years as an addition to usual shower regime and my hair is so smooth and soft! I like to change shampoo's every couple of days and this is one of the shampoo's I use.

However, I once used the shampoo for 3 days straight and my hair became dry. Therefore, I recommend for an adult to use this shampoo every couple of days to prevent this from happening.

I also use this as a sort of soap to clean my make-up brushes. I read about this tip online and it actually works really well! I rinse them in warm water and use about a dime size of this shampoo and run the makeup brushes individually with it and it gets everything out.

I also love using this shampoo on my cousin when he comes over to stay the night and I'm left babysitting. A small amount goes a long way and lathers really well.