Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:

Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash

Pros

Cons

Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath Calms and Relaxes Babies

Young babies need their periodic bath and the task is made easy thanks to the multitude of bath products available fot the task. One product my girls have sampled and like very much is **Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath**, a product that cleans and helps to calm babies down.

**Bath Product Commentary:**

Johnson & Johnson Bedtime bath is a soap specially made for babies. This product contains lavender and Chamomile- two ingredients known to have a calming effect on babies. There is also plenty of fragrance, but a parent need not worry about its affect on the eyes and skin. It is formulated to be as gentle as baby shampoo, with no stinging effects on the eyes and no skin irritation. The liquid is thick and clear, making it similar to bubble bath in appearance and feel.

Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath is an excellent product for babies and one of the few products that lives up to its lofty claims. Many products make claims that are not justified, but Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath really is as great as the company (and other consumers) claim. The quality that stands out more than anything is the scent. It smells like a combination of an air freshener and a touch of citrus and it is heavenly. Not only that, Johnson & Johnson isn’t exaggerating when it claims that this product can calm and soothe babies. There is something about the scent- the combination of lavender, chamomile, and citrus- that sends babies into another world. One quick bath using Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath, change into pajamas, and little ones are counting z’s in no time. Now, this doesn’t mean it will work on every baby every time. For example, I doubt that a 2pm bath, when a baby is wide awake, would have the desired effect. It seems to work best is when a baby is already close to bedtime.

As far as the cleanser itself, it is non- greasy, washes off cleanly and easily, and leaves behind the pleasant aroma of the liquid. A small amount goes a long way and it makes a small amount of bubbles when added to running water. This cleanser is perfectly safe for most all babies, too. It is allergy and dermatology tested, so it has been proven safe for a baby’s skin and it won’t irritate the eyes.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Baby products abound and some of them make exaggerated claims that no manufacturer could honestly believe to be true. But Johnson & Johnson Bedtime Bath is different. It is an excellent baby product with a great scent that leaves babies feeling clean and refreshed. And most important of all, it really does live up to its claims; helping to relax babies and induce sleep thanks to the contributions from the lavender, chamomile, and citrus.

This cleanser works very well and is gentle on the skin

The scent of this product is heavenly.

Gave my daughter a rash

We received Johnsons bedtime bath in a gift basket when I was pregnant with my second daughter. I thought it was a great idea that it used scents to help wind babies down at the end of the day and we decided to give it a try. Immediately I hated the smell of it, it is way too floral smelling. It actually started giving me a headache after a little while. My oldest daughter has pretty bad dry skin, but no soap or anything has really bothered her. Until we tried this. After she got out of the bath she had small red bumps on her arms and was itching like crazy. I ended up giving her another bath with regular baby wash but I don't think it helped much. I never tried using it again, even on her sister because I was afraid that it would cause a rash or a reaction in her too. It didn't really seem to settle either one of them down at all either, the scent didn't really do anything other than smell different than regular bath stuff.

Soothing for babies!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

The first time I saw this product I almost didn't pick it up. I know that lavender calms and relaxes naturally, but I could never take the smell of lavender. It was always to strong and overpowering for me. Since this said it was for bedtime I decided to try it. The smell was way better than I thought it would be. It was a very light lavender smell and it lathered and went on well. It was great for the bubble bath or for body wash. This became a great bedtime routine. Having the bath with this seemed to relax my baby and it did a good job of getting him clean also. He smelled fresh and it may have even helped with putting him to sleep. I would buy this again if I had another baby. It's a great item to have in your home for little ones.

I was surprised at how well this worked. It did the job of cleaning and relaxing at the same time.

It smelled way better than I thought it would. I liked it and I don't like lavender much. It's a sweet lavender scent.

Not Just For Babies, Relaxes Adults and Children too

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

This is a soothing bath and wash. It has a great fragrance, which can help sooth a baby, as I used to use it with my own children when they were a little younger. However, if your baby is very fussy, their teeth or growing in, or if they have, like my youngest had-colic, this isn't a miracle bubble bath. It may help, but it's not going to dramatically improve your baby's disposition. With that being said, it can help calm babies right before bedtime.

This bedtime bubble bath and wash, doesn't wash very well. I use it inside the water as a bubble bath only because it doesn't lather that well, which means it really doesn't clean. Johnson's regular shampoo and bath wash cleans much better than this, without being horribly drying to the skin. I used this on my children when they were younger, and I still use it because it's great to calm you right before bed.

I love the scent to this bubble bath and wash, it's a very soft and gentle scent of lavender. This is why it's a perfect relaxer. The formula is so gentle, it's perfect for babies, newborns or even those with sensitive skin.

great lavender scent and made bath time fun for my son

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

I tried many different body washes for my son only because my mom would always buy them for him. She always liked spoiling him. I really liked this Johnson's baby bedtime bubble bath and wash. It was very lightweight and it made my sons bath time fun. I only used a cap full of this soap and he got a lot of bubbles. It had a soft lavender scent that was very mild and gentle to his skin. Its safe to use everyday and I even used it for his hair and body. It didn't dry his skin out and it kept his body feeling soft. This soap lathered very well on his hair and it was easy to comb after. Its tear free so it didn't burn his eyes when I rinsed it off. His skin felt very moisturized without having that greasy feel. My sons body felt really smooth and he smelled really clean before he went to bed. This is a perfect body wash to use before your little goes to bed, its very relaxing and soothing. I would definitely use this on my next child.

love the smell!

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

I do like this product. My daughter is 2 and enjoys taking bubble baths. This does not produce as many bubbles as other bubble bath products but I keep using it because it is gentle on her VERY sensitive skin. Even though this product is easy on my daughters sensitive skin I do not think I would use it on a new born. . I was also under the impression that this was a "bedtime" relaxing wash. I do not agree with this statement. This product does not help my daughter relax and get ready for bed more than any other product that we have tried. I know that this is a baby product but I also use it myself sometimes. I love that if I use it I don't smell like a baby!

It serves its purpose. It does produce some bubbles and it does get my daughter and me clean!

I love ALL the smells of the Johnson and Johnson products but this one would have to be my favorite. I love smelling my daughter even the next morning.

Very good product.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

I love the smell of the lavender, it really helps to soothe my sons before bedtime. Especially when used with the bedtime lotion also. When my kids were real little this was my best friend, anything that would help them and me sleep I was a big fan of!

Love the lavender!

A great product.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

Johnson's has been a long time trusted name brand in my home. I would recommend to anyone with a new baby to try the Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath & Wash.

This product is an all-in-one wash and can be used for everything. This is great for anyone on a budget that does not want to purchase several products. It can be used as a bubble bath, body wash and also a shampoo. It is gentle enough for anyone with sensitive skin. It will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.

I have a very sensitive nose and I can honestly say that I really like the fragrance of this baby wash. It has a light lavender smell with vanilla undertones. It leaves my baby's skin soft clean and smelling fresh. The lavender is the key ingredient to calming your baby before bed time. Its proven to help your baby sleep better. Any new parent can appreciate a calm baby that sleeps well. I would definitely recommend this baby wash to anyone with a small baby.

Perfect for our routine, but not kids with sensitive skin.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

I got this product at my baby shower for my first daughter and saved it till she was a few months old since I wasn't sure how it would affect her skin. Love the smell, very relaxing and rinses out of hair and off baby well. I still use it on my daughter 2 years later and we love it. However, I have a friend who's daughter got a very bad rash from using this. (she has very sensitive skin and has to use special detergent for her clothes.)

Great smell, not very bubbly.

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

The lavender scent is great. For me, it doesn't really create lasting or "fun" bubbles. Not sure how that can improve but my baby doesn't particularly enjoy it. On a side note, if you are a woman, don't use it yourself for any reason. You may have issues down there after sitting in the tub with it. It's an irritant.

Sleep inducing product

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

It is a very nice product for those who struggle to put your kid to sleep. Its a very common belief that if you give bath, kids will sleep peacefully. I don't know if that's the magic or whatever but my kid always sleeps whenever she baths.

And if its marked as no tears then its all the more good for you. My daughter always cries whenever I give her head bath. However if its not head bath she loves to bath and immediately after bathing she doses off, either a nap or her bed time. The aroma and the texture is also very soothing. Its not a very strong aromatic product.

If you like to try product with strong aroma, you might want to try the other flavors. I have never really checked if there are other flavors as I was happy with this one. Usually lavender is really gentle and effective too. I would suggest you to buy a travel size pack before actually trying the big size bottles.

Great for your child

Comments about Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath Wash:

You always want the best for your child. Bath time should be no different. I am a huge fan of the Johnson's brand and I came across Johnson's baby bedtime bubble bath & wash a few months ago. I tried it and my daughter loves it. It has the lavender scent, which is why it is called bedtime bubble bath. The lavender will help relax your child and help them fall asleep faster. It is a wonderful bubble bath product. I know you may think that just having a lavender scent may not be as affective as I am saying. Let me just tell you this. My daughter is now two years old and has rarely slept through the night. I tried this product and it seems to help a lot. Now it's not like drugging your child. They can still have sleepless nights, but the lavender scent will help them relax to get a better nights sleep. You can find Johnson's baby bedtime bubble bath and wash just about anywhere. I buy it at Walmart and the price is right. It is not too expensive. Plus, the Johnson brand also has the bedtime lotion, which also has the lavender scent. I use them both and they are wonderful. I would recommend this product to anyone.

The scent is wonderful. It is a lavender scent and I even use this stuff for myself sometimes. It is that great.