View more baby shampoo body wash

Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:
Johnson's
Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar

Johnson'sJohnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar

Pros

Cons

Johnson's Buddies are a kid-friendly soap!

I love Johnson's Buddies Easy Grip Sudzing Bar Soap for kids! The soap is just perfect for little hands. It has a nice grippy cover that keeps it from slipping all over the place or getting lost in the bath water at bath time. My two-year-old loves that she can use it all by herself, and I don't mind that so much, either! I was really surprised with how long the soap actually lasts. Even when it spends most of bath time under water, it doesn't shrink like other soaps. It has a great smell that is light, not too overwhelming. Another plus to this product is that I haven't noticed it bothering my daughter if it gets in her eyes. I think it's a lot like Johnson's other great products, just for toddlers!

Unfortunately there are not many coupons for these anymore. They are very inexpensive, so even without coupons, they are still a good deal. That is a huge plus for a budget-conscious mom like me!

Very drying on my childrens skin

With all the free Johnson Buddies soap you can stock up on. I was eager to try this soap on my kids, I mean, hey, who doesn't love free!  At first I was just using it for my kids to wash their hands with at the sink, but then decided to use it for baths too.  My six year old had no problem with the soap, in fact she loved how she could wash herself easily without it slipping out of her hands. It was my younger daughter that had the main problems with the soap. It dried her skin out really bad. I don't know if she was allergic to it or if it just wasn't moisturizing enough for her. She does have some slight eczema problems, she is allergic to dairy, but keeping her away from dairy has made her eczema nonexistent. So that can be the issue. She misses using this soap because she was capable of washing herself easily with it, and sees how much fun her older sister has when using it, but it is just not worth the dry itchy skin. It has a great watermelon scent to it that my kids love. Very inexpensive, usually around 99 cents at most stores.

kind of cool, but not cool enough for a repeat purchase

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

This product is kind of cool, but honestly not enough to buy over and over again. The mesh covering that this single bar of soap comes in seems like more of a novelty in retrospect than anything else. It's sort of abrasive, and in the end I always just preferred using a gentle wash cloth instead. The scent isn't really that pleasing or soothing either. For the price, the bar of soap inside is really small. It's kind of a neat concept, but the product itself just falls short in a few ways.

Does it get you/your child clean? Yeah sure. But the overall quality of the soap inside the mesh isn't any better than any other cheap bar soap really. I hate to say it but it's true. It doesn't really lather up all that great, and it's doesn't moisturize or condition the skin at all.

The scent of this product isn't that great either. It's kind of fruity and tangy, but that's about all I can say. It only comes in one scent/color, and it's not a scent I'm crazy about. I prefer earthier, more neutral scents.

Cool invention!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

I was at the store one day looking for a product for my Son to use when he takes a bath. He was little at the time (around 2) and had a really hard time holding on to a bar of soap. I would bathe him with the body wash for kids but he wanted to "do it myself mama". I saw the Johnson Buddies Easy Grip Sudzing bar and decided to try it. Oh my! It was love at first sight for him! He could hold onto the soap and bathe himself without any help from Mama. The only problem was that he loved it so much, he didn't want his bath to end AND he also found other things to wash like the walls around the tub, the tub itself, his bath toys, everything needed cleaning! I guess we could have worse problems right? Well, when it was gone one day and I didn't have another bar, he cried so we made a trip to the store for a new one. This soap is gentle and is so wonderful for little hands that can't hold onto a slippery bar of soap. Leave it to Johnson and Johnson to create a wonderful product like this!

Love the Buddy Bars!

from Plainfield, IL

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

I have younger family that come over and neighbor kids too. Instead of going and buying liquid soap that kids tend to squirt all over I use these buddy bars. I have found that the kids do want to wash their hands and even always ask mom to get them for them. I have had to show many people where to get them while out shopping. Excellent little product.

Best Soap When Learning How to Wash Themselves

from Apex, NC

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

Johnson's Buddies are fantastic for your growing child.  I saw these at the store on the shelf with the baby washes and was intrigued.  My 4 year old is at the stage where she needs to learn how to wash herself but I hadn't found an easy way to do this.  Body wash and baby wash would rinse off the cloth before she had washed herself and she was totally not ready for real soap that would burn her face.  The Johnson's Buddies bar solves all of my problems with my 4 year old.  It is a bar of soap stitched into a "washcloth".  I showed her how to soap it up and off she went.  She really enjoys rubbing it over her body - including her face!  Her face was always so hard for me to wash and she would fight me every time so I was happy that she could now do it herself.  The "washcloth" is really soft and goes smoothly and easily over her body without much effort.  It has made bath time much more enjoyable for me and for her!  She feels like she is a big girl now!

Bar lathers up real good and lasts longer.

from Saint George, GA

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

Johnsons Buddies soaps bars are a must in my family. I have been buying them now for my daughter for the past 3 years. They are perfect for her to hang on to and it not slip away like the regular bar soaps. Because these soaps bars have this mesh wrap covering the bar but allowing water to activate the soap inside. This feature is also making the bar of soap last longer as well. It lathers up real nice and there's no need for any washcloths or poofs. The scent is a light watermelon fragrance and it smells good and the scent lasts for a while too. The only complaints that I would mention are that the soap is not tear-free so I wouldn't recommend this for babies. And if your gonna use this for your child I would let them know ahead of time that it's not tear-free and to be careful not to get it near the eyes. The other issue that I have with this soap is that it's not very moisturizing, I find that when I use this soap to wash her it makes my hands dry and itchy. But we use lotion so I guess that makes up for the dry-skin issue. Other than that Johnsons Buddies Soap Bars are still a product that my family will continue to use. They are just convienent, smell good, cleans well and is a good value. Which to me overrides the fact that it's not tear free and not moisturizing.

Johnson's Buddies are a kid-friendly soap!

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

LOVE Johnson's Buddies easy grip bars!

from Cleburne, TX

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

The Johnson's Buddies easy sudzing bars are one of the best inventions for toddlers. I saw these in the store and thought it was worth a try for my niece. She loves her bath time but for some reason hated when we had to "wash" her. I think she was in the middle of her "I do everything myself" phase. I gave her this and she loved it. I loved the scent, clean but not babyish. It was a good fit for a toddler. It was easy for her to hold and it suds very well and gave her lots of lather to clean ( and play ) with. Due to the bright color it was also easy to find in the bath water, I know that sounds odd but try fishing out a bar of soap amongst all the bubbles and toys in a toddlers bath. It really helped us during bath time and I have even been tempted to use it myself. Johnson's maybe should come out with an adult verson. I also thought it seemed to last longer than other traditional bar and liquid baby/toddler soaps. It was a great value for the money paid considering they are around a buck each.

lasts a long time for how cheap they are

Great for the kids...works in a pinch for mom too!!!!

from Covington, LA

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

I just love Bath and Body works and have dozens of their scents for self. Now my little girls like scented bath products too, but I find that the adult stuff is not gentle enough for them and they tend to use too much if left to dispense on their own. The American Girl line is almost as expensive as the adult stuff. So I went to Wal-Mart to seek an affordable solution to my delima and came accross this wonderful product. It's made by Johnson's and has the no more tears formula so I know it's gentle enough for them. But foremost, It is extremely affordable and I have wound up with a few dozen bars for just the tax alone. We have also tried the no more tangles spray and it is an excellent product for comb out of small knots and tangles in their hair too. Even though I could fill a small island with my smell good stuff, I find myself sneaking to use the buddies stuff too! Keep your eyes open for coupons in this product cause they ofter =free (well except for the taxes of course) soap.

Johnson buddies are a great soap for a great price

from Thompsontown, PA

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

We got a coupon one time to try the Johnson buddies soaps for free and it was the greatest investment Johnson has made because we are repeat customers.  The entire time my daughter was growing up we used baby johnson items and were glad to continue using them throughout toddlerhood and after but it was nice to see that they were coming up with a product for the other child.  These are great soaps and they lather well, they smell awesome they are easy for kids to hold onto and they make them affordable for parents of one or twelve children to be able to buy them.

My daugher used hers when we traveled this year to Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and even sleepovers because they are so easy to pop in a tote and carry along.  You dont' have to worry about having an extra washcloth or squeegie ball along for washing the entire kit is the soap and a nice mesh overlay for easy cleaning and scrubbing.

I would recommend these to any parent to try at least once, you will be hooked.

great soap for the kids

from Richboro, PA

Comments about Johnson's Johnson' Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar:

We have been using Johnson's bath buddies for YEARS! They are affordable and the kids love them. We really like how they smell and lather up. They are easy to hold, so much easier than using a wash cloth, a regular bar of soap, or some kind of body wash. My daughter can easily wash herself in the tub without the soap slipping out of her hand constantly. We have been happy with the no tears aspect, as washing our children's faces is not a worry with this soap. Sometimes we have trouble finding the bath buddies in various supermarkets and drug stores, so when I see them, I buy a few. They travel well for our various trips and are just fun in the tub. I would recommend these, especially for the toddler years when kids want some independence!