Other Shampoos:
John Frieda

Pros

Cons

My hair has never looked this great!!!

I have used the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner for three years now and I love that it brings out the highlights in your hair and makes it feel so soft and look so shiny.  It is the best product I have ever used and worth every penny.  Using lots of stiffening product is not for me any more.  Looking soft and natural is what I prefer today.  I do have color treated hair with blonde highlights which look so natural with the help of John Freida. I use the Amber to Maple color range since my hair is not that dark anymore.  Do yourself a favor and give it a try.  You are not limited to color treated since there are many different formulas to try.  If your thing is soft and natural, then this is the way to go.  Inexpensive is not always the best thing as I have gone that route.  In this case I do try to get it on sale but that isn't always the case  I just restocked with money I received as a birthday gift.  That way it saves on your pocketbook.

I would not purchase again

I bought this product because I trust the brand name.  I used some their other products in the past and have been very pleased.  I am a brunette, and this product was suppose to moisturize and enhance the color.  IT might have enhanced the color a little, but it left my scalp dry, and a film on my hair.  I used the product with the matching conditioiner.  IT works better as seperates.  When I used with other conditioners, it did bettere.  I would never buy again.  The price was right, but the product failed to deliver.  It also did not act as a  moisturizer.  I was very diappointed.

It Works for Me

from SE Wisconsin

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell

Cons

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

I'm 64, my hair is fine and thinner than it used to be, stick straight. I color it, don't want the gray to show and it adds some "body." Tried this shampoo and conditioner because it was on sale and I was running low on the product I was using. It actually does work for me as advertised. I've used it twice now and my hair has a richer, deeper color, is very shiny and soft but not limp. Maybe it's my imagination, but it also seems to gloss over those stubborn grays that I get on each side of my face and at the crown so they aren't as noticeable. Very happy with the products (shampoo and conditioner) and their cost.

• Hair Type:
      • Straight Hair

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

This shampoo is the best I have ever used. My hair is very thick and has so much volume so it was very hard to find something that would clean it well and leave it feeling fresh. This product brings out all the brunette tones in your hair and it is amazing. I have to wash my hair two times a day due to the fact that I play tennis and it does my hair wonders. I would recommend this to anyone who has brunette hair and especially if you have thick hair. I say if you have not tried it yet, then get on it!

It removes all access oil and leaves your hair feel so fresh. It brings out all of your natural brunette tones and makes your hair shine. This is the only product I have found that cleans my hair so well, due to the fact that I have very thick hair.

This shampoo does not only make your hair feel great but also leaves it with a great scent. It smells natural but not like an organic shampoo.

Good shampoo to bring out the Brunette in your hair

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

Since I always have different color hair, I use a lot of shampoos that are supposed to bring out the color of my hair. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo does a great job of keeping your hair the brunette color. It keeps your hair clean all day as well as keeping it from getting oily. My hair is also shiny when I use this shampoo.

This product smells good, but it doesn't have as strong of a scent as some of the other shampoos do. I don't really notice the smell in my hair as the day goes on.

This shampoo is a little on the expensive side, and it is not always the easiest to find. I have also never seen a coupon for this shampoo, so there aren't really any times that you can get it for a better price.

This does a good job of keeping my hair clean. It does help bring out the brunette color, and it doesn't make your hair dull or fade the color. It is gentle enough to use on your color treated hair daily.

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

John Frieda has a fantastic line of hair care products for the girl who is stuck in between not wanting to use Suave but not ready to spend tons of money on Bumble and Bumble. Being a natural brunette, this brilliant brunette shampoo (and conditioner) is my personal favorite. It keeps my hair clean and healthy looking. The claims about the shine and brilliance are true. I can honestly say my hair shines like gold when I use this regularly. It brings out all of the hair's natural highlights. It smells very lovely. It is almost a musky, sexy, adult smell and is a nice change from fruity or herbal smelling products. I have long, thick hair, so I have to use quite a bit to wash. However, it suds up nice and rinses very clean. The smell lasts after blow drying too. Because I have a ton of hair, one bottle only lasts me about two week to three weeks. I find that the shampoo lasts longer than the conditioner, so if you have lots of hair I would recommend buying one shampoo and two conditioners. I've used this for years and I always get compliments on my hair. I have since had an ombre highlight done at a salon, and continued to use this shampoo and conditioner. It doesn't claim to be (or not be) meant for colored hair, but I have found it to be just fine on highlights. It hasn't made them brassy or otherwise.

I'm a brilliant brunette!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

I have natural straight brunette hair, with slight reddish tones in it. Sometimes my hair gets pretty boring and dull looking. Especially since I have oily hair and have to wash it everyday. I have used this shampoo on and off since high school. This is an all time favorite of mine. Whenever I use it I see noticeable results right away. It makes my hair so shiny and healthy. I love the red tones in my hair, and it brought more of that out. It didn't look dull anymore, and made my brown hair a lot more unique looking. The only reason I stopped using this for awhile is because I went blonde, but now that I'm back to my natural hair color I will have to pick this up again.

This washed my hair without leaving it dry, like I said I have to wash it everyday and it kept it looking healthy and shiny. It brought out a lot more of my natural highlights. I didn't even have to dye my hair to get gorgeous highlights, which is a plus. I noticed that my hair looked a lot thicker and voluminous too.

It has a really gorgeous soft scent. I love the way this smells but it's really hard to describe. It smells and feels like a salon quality product.

This is a luxurious shampoo at an affordable price.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo is a great product. John Frieda is a high-quality, trusted brand. I like all the products in the Brilliant Brunette line. This is a luxurious, salon quality shampoo that you can buy almost anywhere at an affordable price.

This product has so many good qualities about it. It makes my hair very clean. It rinses well and does not create build-up. I have very long, fine hair. This does not weigh my hair down. My hair is always light and bouncy when I use the shampoo along with the conditioner. This makes the natural highlights in my dark brown hair pop. My hair has a lot of shine and looks so healthy when I use Brilliant Brunette. I do color my hair about every three months. This does not fade out my color like some other shampoos I have used.

I absolutely love the way this shampoo and conditioner makes my hair smell. The scent lasts all throughout the day. I get a lot of compliments on how nice my hair smells when I use this product.

Love this

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

I'm not sure if this shampoo actually enhances brunette hair or not, but it does make my hair so soft and shiny! I got this shampoo because even though I am a natural brunette, I also dye it and I wanted a shampoo that would enhance my hair color and also make it soft. I use this along with the conditioner and it makes my hair feel so nice and it looks so shiny. It makes my hair look naturally healthy and enhances my brunette hair.

Wonderful Shampoo for Brunettes!

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shampoo is a great shampoo, however I have found that if I use it until the bottle is empty that my hair does not have that shine that it had after the first couple uses of this product. I have also used the matching conditioner, and have seen the same results. My hair will look really healthy and shiny for a week or two then it just seems dull. This shampoo does smell great though, it is by far one of my favorite scents.

When I use John Frida's Brilliant Brunette Shampoo my hair is shiny, I feel like the different shades of my hair color stand out. I have a mix of browns in my hair, and this shampoo really makes the lighter strands of brown stand out. After using this shampoo it looks like I just got high lights. However, I do not think this shampoo should be used everyday. I have tried to use it like an everyday shampoo, and my hair will end up looking dull and even a little frizzy.

I really like the way this shampoo smells! It reminds me of being in a hair salon.

Great product.

from florida, USA

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

Overall, I loved this shampoo. It cleaned my hair while providing it with a nice shine.
      The only downside to the Brilliant Brunette shampoo is that it does nothing for someone with dandruff (it never claimed to). Since I do have dandruff, I found myself having to use a dandruff shampoo once or twice a week to keep my scalp clean.
      I would recommend this product for anyone with brunette hair that wants a nice shine and an added depth and dimension.

Brilliant Brunette was quite effective at what it claimed to do. I felt that it did make my hair a bit darker and gave it a bit of depth and shine. It did not weigh my hair down, as I have found many shampoos have a tendency to do.

I did not love the scent, but it was by no means offensive. To achieve what it claims to do (depth and darkening of brunette hair), this shampoo does contain a touch of hair coloring, and you can tell. It smells like a very mild version of an at-home hair coloring product, but a bit more pleasant.

John Friedas Shampoo is great

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo:

My favorite shampoo of all time is absolutely John Frieda Brilliant Brunette. The thing I really love the most about this shampoo is it does not strip my hair and leave it "squeaky clean" it gets it clean but not overly so, so that it is dried out and frizzy. It does not have a lot of suds when you shampoo but your hair will still come out clean. The smell of this shampoo is fantastic. A lot of shampoos have a fruity smell and i for one do not want my hair to smell like any type of food! This shampoo will not "dye" your hair brown but will enhance the natural brunette color of your hair. My hair is shiny and soft and super manageable. It does have a higher price point than some other shampoos, however this is a higher end product that you can get just about anywhere and work fantastically. I do use this shampoo with the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette conditioner and the combo together gives me fantastic results!