Other Shampoos:
John Frieda
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo

Cons

Great Product For Blonde's!

from Jacksonville, FL

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Brightens
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Lathers Well
  • Refresh

• Daily Use

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I love The Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner line from John Frieda, especially Blonde Highlight Shampoo bc it really does maintain the maintenance and prolongs my hair from needing to get highlighted so often. It doesn't dry out my hair which is really good bc I have dry hair that gets tangled really fast. I can use this shampoo once a week and I notice that it makes my hair shiner and gives it a little boost. It's a great Shampoo to have if you can't make it to the salon so you need more time. Definitely recommend.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

I recently hightlighted my hair and this helps!

from Falls Village

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Great Smell
    • Lathers Well

Cons

• Dries Hair Out
    • Harsh

• Curly Hair

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I recently lightened my dark hair to a blonde color with highlights..this shampoo really helps keep my blonde hair looking fresh! It's a little drying though. I find myself using a lot my conditioner and product to keep the frizz at bay.

• Hair Type:
    • Very Curly Hair

Just your average shampoo

from Reading, PA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

As I have scrolled through and read reviews of this product, I was somewhat shocked to see so many "10" ratings of this John Frieda Blond Highlight Activating shampoo. I received this shampoo as a sample in the mail and used it while on a trip recently. I highlight my strawberry blond hair every so often - usually in the summertime. My hair takes very well to highlights and when I received this shampoo, I was expecting to notice a more "blond" coloring enhancement to my hair. Now granted, I only used this twice, so it could quite possibly be that I needed to use it for a longer period of time before I saw results, but I must say that after two washes, I didn't see what all of the hype was about. My coloring looked the same as it did with my regular shampoo. The shampoo cleaned my hair well and left it shiny, but it didn't blow me away enough to go out and buy it, especially when I was happy with my current shampoo for a lesser price. If I received a larger sample, I would be willing to try it again; however, it's not something I would go out and purchase for myself.

Does not work

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

This is a decent shampoo at best but I definitely didn't see any changes after using this product for three months. I am a natural blonde but as I am aging I am finding it difficult to keep the brightness and shine to my hair. When I saw this product advertising that it would activate natural highlights in your hair I bought it immediately. It was a little more costly than the average shampoo that you would buy at the super market, but hey I thought if this even helps a little it would be worth it. After actually using the product I saw no real difference in my hair color. Not in the shade, brightness, or shine. I also didn't like using the shampoo much because it smelled kind of terrible. I'm not sure why it smelled so bad but it was not pleasant at all. Also I felt that after using this product it dried my ends of my hair out. I never had difficulty with another shampoo like this. Perhaps there are damaging chimichangas,s in this shampoo? I'm not sure. All I am saying is I would not recommend this to anyone looking to enhance the color or style of their hair.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Shampoo - LOVE IT

from Toledo, OH

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

This is my favorite shampoo -- John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo. I was a little hesitant to try it at first since I had tried John Frieda products in the past and wasn’t exactly a fan. But it was fall and I wanted something to brighten up my hair without having to color it or highlight it chemically. I absolutely love this shampoo. It brightens my hair and brings out my natural highlights. Not only that, it also makes my hair feel very healthy and like I just got it washed at the salon. It has a lot of shine, and is very manageable. It is a little on the pricier side, but instead of using it for both my washes, I use another shampoo, then rinse, then use the John Frieda. I also leave it on for about 30 seconds to really soak into my hair then rinse thoroughly. This is a perfect product if you just want to brighten up your hair without changing the color. It is much gentler on your hair than actually dying or highlighting it chemically.

This stuff is Awesome!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I have very light blonde, fine hair, and it's hard to find shampoo that doesn't weigh my hair down and make it look dull. This shampoo not only keeps my hair looking great with its natural color, but it doesn't weigh it down at all. I also have a very dry scalp, and while this shampoo doesn't fix the problem, it certainly doesn't exacerbate it either. Scent normally isn't a deciding factor for me, but this shampoo does smell clean and not overpowering, which is an added bonus. John Frieda products tend to be a bit more expensive that my other hair and skin care products, but it makes me feel good and is definitely worth the price.

Wish this hadn't been discontinued...

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I love this shampoo and now it's been "upgraded" in that annoying way John Frieda has - i.e., they've changed the product so it doesn't work the same way anymore. Now it's Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Enhancing Shampoo, which I've tried: too gloopy, doesn't wash off well. The OG shampoo had a light, clarifying quality I loved that still left my hair silky and shiny. I have rough, wavy hair.

Enhances my highlights and allows them to shine until next time!

from Tiny Town, GA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

**John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo** enhances the several shades of blonde highlights that I have in my hair and allows each shade to stand out and shine like crazy. It makes me hair look like I just left the hair salon until it's time to return to the salon to have my highlights touched-up.

Many other shampoos seem to strip the color from my hair and leave it looking dull and blah. This shampoo does just the opposite--it keeps my hair looking shiny and healthy between my visits to the salon. It's very impressive, in my opinion!

I also really like the way **John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo** cleanses my hair. It lathers very well, and my hair feels squeaky clean when I use it, and it doesn't make my hair a tangled, mangled mess. I do use the coordinating conditioner, which allows my hair to shine even more, but at least this shampoo doesn't make my hair feel like a horse's mane the way many shampoos sold at mass merchandisers make it feel!

Add the fact that this shampoo is reasonably priced, and the fact that it smells very clean and fresh, and you have a great shampoo that lets your blonde highlights shine, shine, shine, and shine some more!

5 stars for a shampoo that I like very, very much and that I highly recommend for people with blonde highlights!

It doesn't make visits to the salon any fewer or father between because it doesn't stop pesky roots from needing to be highlighted, but it does give hair a very noticeable, healthy shine that other shampoos do not. After shampooing with it, blonde highlights stand out and shine beautifully! It also lathers well and cleans my hair well without leaving it a tangled wad of knots.

I LOVE the clean fresh scent of John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo!! It smells really nice to me!

Best stuff for blondes!

from Hemet, CA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

The John Freida Blonde shampoos and conditioners are the best for color-treated hair.  Not only is it gentle, but it rinses clean and leaves my hair softer and more manageable than any other I've tried.  It really brings out my highlights, as well....

John Freida, not for dumb blondes

from North Weymouth, MA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

John Frieda shampoo  and conditioners for blonde hair  natural and color treated is amazing. It does not dry out or make it greasy or heavy. The hair has a gloss that looks real, and even with a blow out feels great. It comes for extra dry hair, dry, daily wash, and color treated, as well and all work great.  Any one with fair hair, real or bottle should try it for a month. and they will not go back to another..one try is not how you test any product a week is how you try it and then tell me in a week your not sold.