Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for All Hair Types
John Frieda

Pros

Cons

John Frieda Sheer Blonde makes my hair soft and shiny.

from Port Huron, MI

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I've used this shampoo for about 6 months and my hair is now very shiny and smooth. My highlights are nice and bright too! They have grown out and then blended in with my natural hair color nicely thanks to the John Freida Highlight Activating Shampoo.

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

My daughter used this shampoo and it REALLY dried out her hair. It did do a good job of keeping her blonde highlights looking good, but I think it is full of chemicals that dried out her hair and really damaged it. It is not worth using this shampoo. It is too damaging to the hair. I think it is better to highlight if you want to and wash with a more natural coloring protecting shampoo and use a good conditioner. The John Frieda brand is good, but this shampoo is too hard on the hair.

The shampoo did a good job of keeping my daughters highlights looking fresh without having to recolor her hair. But it was very drying to her hair and did a lot of damage. There are too many chemicals in the shampoo that dry and damage the hair. It is not worth the toll it takes on the hair. There are other color protecting shampoos on the market that will do a good job preserving the color and highlights.

This shampoo has a very pleasant scent.

Great to use occassionally.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I absolutely love the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo. It isn’t a dye and it doesn’t do anything to actually physically highlight your hair, but what it does do is super clean your hair so that all the highlights you have are more brilliant. It works whether the highlights are really natural highlights or if they are chemically added highlights. In fact it brightens not only my highlights but it makes all may hair look brighter and refreshed. But because it does strip my hair of all the yucky buildup, it does also dry it out a little and makes it very tangled after washing. I just be sure to use a conditioner and I am good to go. It makes my hair very vibrant and I absolutely love it. While I don’t consider this shampoo expensive, it’s not inexpensive either but I don’t use it everyday, I use it about 2 times a week, so it is actually not too expensive considering that.

Keeps you blonde!

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I really enjoy using this shampoo, it works really great on color-treated hair. I frequently go from a dark brown to blonde throughout the year and have used this shampoo many times when my hair is the blonde color. It leaves your hair looking, smelling, and feeling great, and it keeps your hair looking nice and light.

Very effective at keeping your hair looking blonde, it adds a brightness that you don't get with other shampoo, it works wonderfully with color-treated hair and also gives your hair a nice smooth and clean feel to it as well.

This is probably the only thing I would change about this shampoo, the scent isn't exactly something I enjoy when using this product, I mostly use it for it's effectiveness at keeping the blonde looking great, but the scent is just kind of weird. It's not very bad, and I can stand it but it's not a smell I really like either, I wish they would give it a nice feminine smell so you can know your hair smells great while it's looking great.

Not my favorite

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I wanted this product to work, but was disappointed when it did not live up to my expectations. This product it on the more expensive side which made it more disappointing when it didn't work. I would not recommend this product to people that are looking to bring out their highlights, if anything I would recommend as a shampoo that smells nice.

I followed the instructions on the bottle and used as directed but did not get any results after going through the entire bottle my hair was exactly the same as it was before I bought it. I have very light brown hair and other products have worked on bringing my natural blonde highlights out, however this one did not.
My hair overall was the same softness, shine and cleanliness as it has with other shampoos.

This product did have a nice scent. It reminded me of a salon type smell. This is probably why I continued to use the product for as long as I did other then trying to give it a fair chance.

My blonde hightlights light up with John Frieda Shampoo.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

My hair is brown, and gray, if anyone ever got to see it. I color my hair with Nice 'n Easy, which gives me shades of blonde. It is hard to keep them bright, so I tried John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activation Enhancing Shampoo with Highlight Optimizers.

I had a sample sachet to begin with, and loved the rich, creamy shampoo. It went into my hair, and foamed up great. The smell was really pleasant. I left it on my hair for around 5 minutes before showering it off. My hair looked clean, smelled great, and didn't need a second shampoo.

I also had a sample of the matching John Frieda conditioner, which I used, so that probably helped to achieve a great result. My hair looked as good as it did when I first colored it. The only problem was that I had colored it a month ago, and my dark roots were starting to show.

I loved this shampoo so much that I treated myself to a full size one.

My highlights were bright and shining.

Really pleasant, and not overpowering.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo keeps the highlights happy!

from Medford, NJ

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I have my hair highlighted at a beauty saloon on a regular basis.  In order to protect my "investment",  I am always in the market for various types of color perserving shampoo.  Because I had some coupons and there was a good sale taking place, I decided to try the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Shampoo to see how it worked.  I normally purchase my shampoo at the saloon so I was going out on a limb so-to-speak.  The shampoo is for darker shades of highlighted blonde hair.  It does not add any color but is advertised to make your current hightlights look nicer.  I am happy to report that I am now on my second bottle of this shampoo. I have been very pleased with the results.  It is a great value for the money, it smells nice, it doesn't dry out my hair, and I feel like it really does deliver and enhance the highlights I already have.   I would highly recommend this shampoo to anyone looking to enhance their blonde highlights.

My hair is glowing with shine after using this product.

from Elburn, IL

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I have been using John Frieda Natural Blonde products for quite a while now, but just discovered  the Highlight Activating shampoo, and just love it.  My hair just glows after using it, and is silky feeling. I have highlighted hair, and need something to keep my color fresh longer.  This product does it.

Sheer Blonde makes my hair radiant!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I'm defintely in the caramel blonde range, and I never really thought using a shampoo made just for people with blonde hair or highlights would make much of a difference.  Well, I admit it, I was so very, very wrong!  First of all, this shampoo smells just wonderful, noy cloying or nauseatingly floral or fake like some do.  Just clean and fresh and nice all around.  It is also a great consistency, thick and gooey like honey, which makes lathering super easy! It always feels like my hair and scalp are really clean after showering, and my hair seems sleeker and feels nice to the touch.  Back to the blonde aspect, I did notice after a few washes that my hair was much shinier and the light caught and brought out my golden highlights beautifully.  The packaging is also really pretty, very modern and see-through, and I am going to try the Sheer Blonde conditioner as soon as possible!  If you have blonde hair, this is somthing you should defintely try out!

Amazing for your hair!

from Morgantown, WV

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo:

I am so incredibly impressed with John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Daily Shampoo. I recently colored my hair to a lighter blonde and it has been amazing in keeping my hair color looking natural and not at all brassy. I also use the conditioner and the hairspray once in a while. My favorite thing about this shampoo is that it makes my hair and natural highlights actually shimmer. It's amazing! Who would have thought I could have such amazing hair from a drugstore shampoo? I'm also super pleased with the smell of the shampoo. It has a relaxing scent that makes it very enjoyable to use. I always look for coupons for this product and when it's on sale. I'm just so pleased with it because I've definitely noticed a huge difference in how long my color lasts. I colored my hair almost two weeks ago and it hasn't started to fade, turn brassy or look dull. I think this is a product I'll be purchasing for many many years!