Other Hair Conditioners:
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner

Pros

Cons

A great smelling conditioner!

When I use the John Frieda line of shampoo made specifically for blonde hair, I also like to use their matching conditioner, such as their John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner.Read complete review

The company claims "Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner reveals a sparkling array of blonde tones for instant highlight visibility. This formula with Highlight Optimizers, that contain sunflower and white tea complex, restores softness as it intensifies shimmering blonde hues for dazzling highlights".

I love using this conditioner with the Sheer Blonde Shampoo, it really makes a difference in how my hair looks after it has been dried and styled.

I can't say I care for the scent of many hair conditioners, but this one smells yummy. It has a light citrus like scent that I find very refreshing! (The shampoo smells great as well.)

Since my hair is short I only need a tiny amount of conditioner to get the job done. I would say I use less than a pea sized amount, so the conditioner lasts long after the shampoo has been used up. This conditioner really makes my hair feel soft and supple, yet it rinses cleanly without leaving any dulling residue on my hair, and it does not build up over time.

This conditioner brings out the natural highlights in my hair when I don't have my hairdresser put them in. My hair is dirty blonde with some lighter strands, and this brand of shampoo and conditioner really make my hair shiny and gorgeous. I always get compliments on my hair.

If you have dull looking blonde hair, I would recommend giving the John Frieda Sheer Blonde products a try.

Leaves hair feeling conditioned, soft and shiny

Wonderful scent, the best conditioner I've smelled in a long time

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioner doesn't condition enough!

I go to the salon and get a million highlights put in my hair, so my hair is a really light blonde. I used a sample of John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner and its matching shampoo twice now and although I like the shampoo, I'm just not a fan of the conditioner.

After using both the shampoo and the conditioner, my hair was left really soft and shiny, but I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to the shampoo versus the conditioner, so I'm rating it on its conditioning abilities.

I'm giving this conditioner a 2-star rating because it just didn't condition my hair enough. A good conditioner doesn't leave my hair in snarls and knots, and this did. It was quite difficult to comb out my wet hair afterwards. My hair was soft though, but I do need a conditioner that detangles my hair too.

The scent smells like perfume, which gives me a headache, so I don't really care for the scent.

Works well

from Port Huron, MI

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioner makes my hair smooth and shiny. It also helped prolong the highlights in my hair. It did not weigh down my fine hair at all. It kept it light and easy to style. It also made my highlights shiny. I would recommend this conditioner to people with fine highlighted hair.

John Frieda's Sheer Blonde line WORKS!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

There was a brief period where most of my hair was blonde and it was suggested that I try this line to brighten the color. I went out and splurged on a bunch of products from the line and I can say that the conditioner was my favorite. It was awesome. It really did brighten the blonde color to my hair, keeping it from going to a brassy blonde that I really hate. It was an expensive line, so keeping up with buying it was troublesome for me. I eventually had to go to less expensive products to keep up my blonde hair. This conditioner also made my hair very soft and it was shiny too. This is a great product if you can afford it. I definitely recommend it and would use it again if I decided to bleach my hair back to the bright blonde I used to have. I got my sister, who is a natural blonde, to use this product once I told her about my awesome experiences with the Sheer Blonde line!

Great for natural and colour treated blondes.

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

I have long, naturally wavy and naturally blonde hair, often with blonde highlights to enhance colour. I use this product usually in combination with the accompanying sheer blonde shampoo, which I've realised works best for effectiveness. The product washes out very easily, and doesn't leave the hair feeling heavy or greasy as I've found some other products do. Instead, my hair is left feeling soft and silky and stays that way until the next wash. I tend to find my hair a little knotty and difficult to brush after washing, however I'm fairly certain that's just my hair type and not the product, because after brushing my hair stays mostly knot free. The product smells lovely, but the smell doesn't seem to stay with the hair after rinsing which is unfortunate because I do like nice smelling hair! However this is by far my favourite conditioner out of the brands I've tried, and even the other John Frieda products.

Makes my hair lovely and soft and stays that way until the next wash!

Very nice smelling product, but the scent doesn't seem to stay on the hair after rinsing for very long which is unfortunate.

A great smelling conditioner!

from Eagle River, AK

Leaves hair feeling conditioned, soft and shiny

Wonderful scent, the best conditioner I've smelled in a long time

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioner doesn't condition enough!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

Sheer Blonde Conditioner puts lights and shine in my dull hair.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

I received sachets of single applications of John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner in the mail.

To create on honest review of the conditioner I used a cheap shampoo first. It left my hair clean, but it desperately needed a great conditioner.

I tore the top of the sachet, and then squeezed out the conditioner. John Frieda products always have a rich, and feminine fragrance to them, that I love. I divided the conditioner between my hands, and then took it through my hair. I started massaging it into my hair, adding a little more water, until I had lots of lather.

I allowed myself to enjoy the fragrance while I took my shower. I rinsed the conditioner off after about 5 minutes.

I then proceeded to complete my full hair ritual, using gel, blow-drying, curling, teasing, and then finishing.

My blonde highlights stood out, and so did my gray ones too. However, it made my hair a multitude of colors. I had shine, body, and my hair didn't feel heavy, or weighed down.

I haven't found a John Frieda hair product that I haven't enjoyed using, and they have always come up to my expectations.

I try dozens of shampoos and conditioners for my writing, and have to say that John Frieda is my number 1.

Conditions great.

Just adorable.

Best for darker blondes

from Middleburg, VA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

I have used this conditioner throughout my evolution as a blonde: natural to colored to platinum and back to a more natural colored blonde. I absolutely love it - it leaves my hair smooth, soft, and shiny.

I have found, however, that this conditioner is most noticeably effective on darker blonde hair; when I had light blonde hair, while the quality was the same, I didn't think it did much to perk up the color of my hair. When my hair is a more honey blonde, however, the John Frieda Sheer Blonde products really make my blonde sparkle and make my highlights stand out. This is great, as I am always looking for ways to keep my blonde hair from looking dull and lifeless. It also helps my blonde hair remain a more true color during the color cycle, which means I have to recolor less often, and my hair stays blonde and shiny a lot longer after I color it.

I highly recommend this product to any blond looking to maintain color and shine.

Works Great!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

For a year now I have been using John Frieda Sheer Blonde conditioner. When I was at the grocery store I noticed it was a little out of my price range for conditioner (I was using off brand conditioner). I still wanted to give it a try and I am so thankful I did. Being a medium blonde myself, I did not want my hair to go darker. I purchased it and have noticed a couple things about the conditioner. The first is that it does condition very well and makes the color brighter. Plus, Sheer Blonde has high value coupons to use so I can usually get a great price on the product.

I have gone back and forth between using the platinum and the caramel colors and do not see a difference with the two. What I mean is the platinum does not make my hair lighter than the caramel. They both work the same in that they simply make my hair color "brighter". I have also noticed during periods when I did not use Sheer Blonde that my hair color looked dull.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde strips my hair

from Chapin, SC

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

Let me just say, I've tried a lot of highlighting shampoos and conditioners.  I hear such wonderful things from others who use them.  My sister in law used John Freida for her brown hair, and it looked GREAT.  I mean, fantastic.  So, I got the blonde version.

I was really disappointed.  Yeah, I guess it added some to kind of shine my highlights.  But, the conditioner portion just failed miserably.  My hair felt really dry.  It had really work out the tangles with my fingers because my hair was in such a mess that the brush wouldn't go through it (I have long hair).  Once I got it detangled, and it dried - yes, it did look kind of shiny.  But, the texture was really dry. It didn't feel soft at all, more like how it feels when I've skipped conditioning at all.

I think the Brunette version works great, but I think the blonde version is just too stripping for my really thin hair.  Not a recommendation.

Sheer Blonde leaves hair shiny and healthy!

from Robbins, NC

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlight Activating Conditioner:

With naturally blonde hair, it can be hard to keep my hair shiny and looking healthy.  John Frieda's Sheer Blonde collection is great at doing just that!  I especially love the conditioner because it seals in the moisture that blow-drying and straightening drains.  One of the best things about this conditioner is the amazing scent!  When paired with Sheer Blonde shampoo, the conditioner works wonders.  I have recently discovered the Sheer Blonde hairspray as well to finish my look and complete my style.

Blonde hair is infamous for becoming dull and having lack of shine, but this product brings lighter hair back to life and makes it appear so much healthier.  I love everything about it!

At first glance, this shampoo and conditioner may appear to be overpriced and too expensive; however, I feel that it is well worth the extra funds since it works to well.  If you have darker hair, I would highly encourage you to try out John Frieda's Brunette collection!  Although I cannot personally verify its effectiveness, I can testify that the Blonde collection is fabulous and can only imagine the other products to be just as great!