3.9
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

3.9

This really does work!!

I recently started using the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder lightening shampoo.  I have naturally medium blonde hair, and do not currently color or highlight my hair, because of the extra cost and maintenance.  I wanted to try it because it is supposed to lighten your hair without the use of ammonia or peroxide.  I've been using the product now for about 4 weeks, and I have to say it actually works.  I've noticed that my hair has become somewhat lighter--nothing drastic, but a natural looking, yet noticeably lighter shade.  It has a nice smell to it--nothing that smells harsh or like chemicals.  I've been using it pretty much daily.  The line does come with a Sheer Blonde Go Blonder lightening conditioner, which I currently do not use.  I can only imagine that the results would be even better if I used them as a pair.  I have fine hair that's normal--not too dry or oily.  I've heard that some of the active ingredients in this shampoo can cause your hair to become dry, but I have not had that issue.  The bottle also says that you can use this product on color-treated hair, but because I don't currently color my hair, I can't speak to what those results might be.  I'm just excited to find a product that can do what it says it will do!!

It lightens..but is it worth it?

I have color-treated hair, and it's red, so clearly I'm not exactly the ideal customer for this. However, when I dye my hair and it comes out too dark, or it's summer and I want to lighten up my hair or bring out highlights, I'll turn to this shampoo for a quick fix. While it does noticeably lighten and bring out blonde tones after a few uses, it's also unfortunately super, super drying. It also contains sulfates, which I try to totally avoid to help maintain my colored hair. I do have some in my shower right now because I picked it up after a too-dark dye job, but I rarely use it because it's just so drying on my hair, which already is in need of extra moisture anyway. If you have natural, healthy, non-color-treated hair, this tradeoff might be worth it, since your hair may not have much damage and therefore not be very affected by being a little extra dry. It does lighten and intensify blonde coloring a bit, but you should just dye your hair if you want something really noticeable.

Great product for blondes -- would definitely recommend!

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Brightens
  • Lathers Well
  • Lightens

Cons

• Color Maintenance
    • Color Preserve

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I have been using John Frieda's Sheer Blonde range for years now and although I have enjoyed all the products I have tried, the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo is by far my favorite out of the entire line. Obviously, it is not going to lighten your hair drastically, but it does subtly lighten and it definitely noticeably brightens my hair after only one use. It also takes very little product to get a really intense lather and I have not noticed that it dries my hair out or has any adverse effects. I also find that when used in conjunction with the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner, you will get even more drastic results. It has a very nice, subtle scent, as well.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

It lightens..but is it worth it?

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

Works great - sun like lightening.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

Kao John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo is a shampoo that actually does lighten my hair when I use it regularly. I use this shampoo in the winter since I don’t get much sun then. It basically replaces what the sun does to my hair in the summer. It lightens my hair without it looking like I chemically dyed it. It looks very natural and only lightens a shade or two. This shampoo also gives my hair a lot of body. It feels conditioned and looks very healthy when I use this shampoo. This shampoo is not harsh like actually dying my hair would be, so my hair stays in good condition. I only have to use it about 3 times a week to get the results that I want, but sometimes if I want to go a little lighter I will use it daily for about a week which makes my hair go about two shades lighter. I just really like the fact that it looks so natural. My hair is easy to style after I use this shampoo too.

John Frieda Go Blonder Shampoo Rocks

from Dover, DE

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I tried this shampoo and love it - I am a natural blonde (going grey) and this just keeps my hair brighter. I am glad they have recently redesigned the packaging. The old packaging was difficult to use and the new one just adds to the ease of the shower washing. I use this everyday and my hair just seems more managable so while they are having us "Go Blonder" they are also providing a great shampoo that I would recommend to anyone.

I love Sheer Blonde!

from Leesville, SC

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I didn't read any reviews on this shampoo before I bought it. My "go - to" shampoo ran out the day before and I was in need of a shampoo. Not wanted to drive all the way downtown I just went across the street and pick up this shampoo which was on sale. I fell in love after the first use. This shampoo (along with it's conditioner) leaves you hair feeling so soft and silky. Also after 3 weeks it made my blonde highlights more blod and lighten up my roots and tips. I haven't switch shampoos since I brought this. I would recommend it to my blonde friends and would keep buying it. If you allow your hair to air dry after you wash it is when your hair gets really soft. Most of the time I can find coupons for this shampoo so I don't have to worry about the price. Maybe it's only me but I had a good expirence with this shampoo. I would recommend this to anyone looking to lgihten up their blonde highlights and go for a more blod blonde look without going to the salon.

This product is not worth the bother.

from Peebles, OH

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I bought Koa John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo to get my hair a little blonder for summer awhile back.I thought it would be a great way to go lighter.I didnt want to dye my hair or use ant harsh chemicals on it.I also bought it because I have used alot of John Frieda haircare products in the past and have liked them.I do not like this particular John Frieda shampoo.My hair felt pretty harsh after using this shampoo.It felt like my hair had been stripped of all its natural oils.I used it a couple more times and conditioned my hair rather heavily after i used it.I did notice that it lightened my hairl a little.After using it three times this shampoo went in the trash.The little bit of lightening it gives you is not really worth the condition it leaves my hair in.I also noticed my hair left a stain on the back of one of my shirts when I was using this shampoo.I personally think that this product has a few ingredients not mentioned on the label.

hated this John Freida Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I got this shampoo thinking it would enhance my highlights and make my hair lighter, however, it did not do anything as far as lightening my hair.  I ended up sending this product back to the manufacturer because I hated it and it made my hair so knotty it took forever to comb it out after a shower.  I would not reccommend buying this because it is a waste of money and really does nothing good for your hair.  It also felt like it left buildup and residue on my hair and I felt like my hair looked dull and dirty whenever I used this shampoo.  I have tried all the blonde products by John Freida and none of them are any good.  They all do the same thing as far as making my hair knotty, dull and unmanageable.  These products work worse than just buying a cheap shampoo in your local store and they try to compare these to salon products but they are nowhere near in the same category as a good salon product.

Wow, I'm blonder!"

from Dallas, TX

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I did not believe this product's promise that it would not only perserve my color but enhance it with every shampoo.  Boy, was I wrong! Not only does the shampoo leave my hair manageble and soft plus controlable but also lighter!  It is perfect for my hair and keeps me from having to color my hair as often as it brightens and slightly lightens the color with every shampoo!

I always have had really, really good results from John Freida's products. Everything he produces has always given me great results. This product goes above and beyond everything else he makes except the color glaze which makes my hair VERY shiney! It is my favorite product in his line. You apply it after shampooing leave it for a few minutes and rinse it out.  It gives great shine every time you use it!

In summary, I am a great devotee of John Frieda's products and would reccomend them to anyone! They are inexpensive, easily found in drug and grocrey stores and worth three times what you pay for them!

magically lightens your hair naturally!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo:

I was such a skeptic when I first bought John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo. It said it lightened with chamomile and citrus, and there was no hydrogen peroxide or any other kind of bleach to lighten it. I knew that anything with hydrogen peroxide can turn my naturally darker blonde hair kind of an orange-y tint. So the fact that there wasn't any in here made me feel better....but it also made me think it wasn't going to make my hair lighter. But it really and truly has! my friends have all noticed and think I just lie out in the beach all day, and I unfortunately am not able to. I use this shampoo with the conditioner every single day (or at least, every time I wash my hair) and I don't want to stop using it. When I DO lay outside in the sun, I put lemon juice in my hair just to help it along, but again, I hardly ever get to do that. Maybe like twice or three times in a month. So it's got to be the shampoo doing this greatness to my hair!

This really does work!!