Other Shampoos:
John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo

John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Wish it was still available!

I have been using Root Awakening for years now and I absolutely love it. Typically I switch my shampoo and conditioner up regularly, because I like to try different products to see what is most effective for my hair; however, I have consistently used Root Awakening for the past couple years. It smells incredible, but unlike other brands of shampoo, the scent is not overpowering. This shampoo leaves my hair feeling healthy and clean. My hair is not very thick and tends to get greasy fairly easily. When I use Root Awakening though, I don't have any issues with greasy hair. It cleans my hair without leaving any residue or weighing it down, and leaves it smelling fresh. Since beginning to use Root Awakening, my hair is at its peak health. It's stronger and healthier. Unfortunately, lately I have not been able to find Root Awakening at local drugstores or online. I hope this product hasn't been discontinued because it is a favorite of mine and I will always repurchase it!

My roots are still sleeping and my hair feels like straw...

***Quick View***: I bought this shampoo and the matching conditioner because it seemed to be just what I needed. I highlight and heat style my hair and want hair products to help keep it strong. I was disappointed on this shampoo. It seemed to strip my hair and make it feel dry. The conditioner helped offset that feeling but gave me a ton of static. Not loving this line at all!

***My Take on John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo***

This shampoo comes in a green 8.45 ounce tube with a flip open cap. The conditioner tube looks nearly identical and I had trouble in the shower knowing which was which.

This shampoo claims that it "stimulates & feeds the roots, fortifying to reduce breakage for visibly healthier hair."  Eucalyptus is the ingredient that they use to "wake up the roots" but I never really felt any sort of tingle or smelled any sort of mint.

The shampoo lathers fine and rinses out OK. But my hair feels like straw after. It is almost crunchy. I don't expect my hair to be conditioned after using a shampoo which is why I always use a conditioner but I knew the first time I tried this that it wasn't going to be a good experience just by the feel of my hair.

I have fine long layered hair. I highlight it and I use all kinds of heated styling tools on it and, although it is in decent shape, I do see breakage when I comb through it. I was hoping** John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo **would actually help with the breakage as it claims. I saw absolutely no difference in the amount of hair that broke off when I brushed or combed my hair and, to top it off, my hair was a staticy mess after using the shampoo and conditioner.

I gave both the shampoo and conditioner to my sister after two tries. It isn't good for my hair type. Maybe it will be for hers which is very coarse and curly.

***My Viewpoint***

I am disappointed in **John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo**. I am a fan of John Frieda products in general and was expecting at least a decent shampoo if not stronger, less breakage prone hair. I got stripped hair that needed to be infused with conditioner to make it soft and I saw no difference in the look or health of my hair.*** 2 stars.***

The shampoo lathers fine and rinses out OK. But my hair feels like straw after. It is almost crunchy. saw absolutely no difference in the amount of hair that broke off when I brushed or combed my hair and, to top it off, my hair was a staticy mess after using the shampoo and conditioner.

Sort of minty. Nothing special.

Wish it was still available!

from Ohio

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Damaged Hair
    • Dry Hair
    • Frizzy Hair
    • Normal Hair

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

a fix for dry flaky scalp FINALLY!

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I was a skeptic when I saw this product at the store but figured I would give it a shot. There are not many options in hair care products that deal with dandruff and dry scalp which is something that I have recently been faced with. John Frieda is a name that I know and trust in hair care, so I felt okay about spending more than I normally would on my shampoo and conditioner. I had the worst case of flaky dry scalp this winter to the point that just rubbing the front of my hair would leave flakes falling into the sink. I have been using this shampoo for about a month now and it has made an incredible difference. The flakiness is no longer an issue. It no longer itches and I am no longer self conscious about my flaky scalp. That alone is worth it for me! I do not see a difference in the texture of my actual hair, however, that was not a factor in the motivation behind purchasing it, so I am not upset about that. I was looking for a solution for the dry scalp as opposed to any repair of my actual hair and this met my needs.

I find this effective for dry scalp and dandruff. I got results in a minimal amount of time. After a month of using the product my scalp is most likely back to 90%-100% normal. I have not noticed any "repair" to my actual hair but I did not purchase this product based on hoping to repair my hair.

The scent is very mild. It is light and refreshing and not overpowering.

Moisturizing

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I like having a variety of shampoos. A family member bought me this Root Awakening shampoo. I was very satisfied with how the shampoo cleansed my hair. I have very long, dark brown, and thick hair. I also shed a lot of hair daily. Whenever I wash my hair, I need a small handful of shampoo; therefore I go through shampoo very quickly. This Root Awakening shampoo is a little more expensive than the average shampoo. I was concerned about using it just a couple times before the bottle was out. Because this is a better quality shampoo and hair cleansing agent, I only needed about a tablespoon to wash all of my hair! My hair felt softer and smoother even after I washed out the shampoo. The scent is a fresh minty scent. At first I was concerned that my hair would end up smelling like a minty candy when it was dry. Not at all! My whole head felt cool and refreshed after being washed, and my hair smelled very fresh.

A clean tingling sensation

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo's big draw for me is the tingle you get when you use it. I mean this literally- it tingles on your scalp when you use the shampoo. I wouldn't say it restored my hair but, it sure didn't do any harm. John Frieda products are always constructed out of wonderful ingredients and while this wasn't my favorite shampoo of theirs it still sustained my high opinion of the company over all.
    The tingle is fun. It got my hair clean. It lathers pretty easily. The scent is a sort of minty eucalyptus which leaves you feeling nice and refreshed.
    I wouldn't buy it again but if it was around I would use it for sure.

I don't think it lives up to its name. The tingling sensation it creates as you shampoo is a nice thing for those of you who like to feel your product working.

It clean and refreshing. A nice shampoo for a pick me up shower on a hot day.

Brings the much-needed hydration back

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I absolutely love this shampoo! I have extremely dry hair and most shampoos on the market only make it worse. They strip the good oils out of my hair and leave it looking dry, frizzy and my scalp flaky. It doesn’t help that I have to wash my hair every other day, either. For that reason I need a shampoo that will really hydrate my hair. That’s why I haven’t stopped using Root Awakening. It gives my hair the moisture it lacks. It leaves my hair looking fresh and shiny. My scalp is no longer flaky since using this product. I can’t think of a bad thing to say about it. My hair went from looking frizzy all around the scalp to smooth and shiny. Before using this product my dry scalp itched daily; now there is no itch and I have to fight the urge to run my own fingers through my hair constantly throughout the day! Not to mention Root Awakening has a wonderful scent that truly stays with you, unlike other shampoos. I highly recommend this product if you have any type of hair, especially dry like mine. Since using this product I’ve gone from feeling embarrassed about my dry, flaky scalp to receiving compliments on how shiny and alive my hair looks!

Didn't help with breakage and made hair feel like straw!!!!!!!!!

from Golden, CO

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I have very long curly hair and have a huge problem with breakage. Every time I brush my hair several strands break off. "John Frieda collection root awakening strength restoring shampoo" sounded like it would solve all my problems with breakage, WRONG!!!! The first time I used this shampoo I knew that it wasn't going to do a thing for my hair problems. It lathered up ok, but smelled terrible. I lathered, and rinsed, and as soon as I did my hair felt like straw. Disgusting. I always use conditioner, and usualy leave it in for at least 10 minutes, but that didn't help at all.

This shampoo and the matching conditioner do not work as advertised. I still had as much hair breakage as I did before using it. I did not like the shampoo from the first time I used it but gave it a try for 2 weeks just to be fair. My hair felt like straw for the whole two weeks until I finally started using another shampoo/conditioner combonation.

This shampoo has a strange smell. Kind of like aloe vera with a touch of medicine.

Freeman Root Strengthening Shampoo is refreshing and new.

from Columbia, SC

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I tried the new John Freeman shampoo to help combat the usual humdrum which seems to happen whethat my hair looks using them same shampoo everyday.  The smell alone should give anyone a lifting feeling which is also what your scalp will feel as you shampoo it in.  The bubbles and foaming process gives you the feeling that it is actually working or at least making your scalp feel good as well as your senses. I am currently using the formula for dry hair due to the fact that I have color-treated hair.  I do not use it with every shampoo however, inject it for every other use as to not get a pattern or to fade my color too soon. I do plan on trying the same product but one under a different treatment such as for color-treated or normal hair for my next purchase.  Cost does not matter as it is important to me that my hair looks and feels good. This is important to me in my personal and professional life.

My roots are still sleeping and my hair feels like straw...

from The heart of , NY

***My Take on John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo***

***My Viewpoint***

Sort of minty. Nothing special.

John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo is my beauty splurge

from Eagle Lake, MN

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I use John Frieda Root Awakening shampoo when I have a little bit more time, and I'm looking to pamper myself as part of my morning or evening routine.  For awhile, I kept this in my gym bag, and it was my treat for completing a workout.  My absolute favorite feature of this hair product is the smell.  I don't know if it's the eucalyptus, or just the combination of ingredients, but the smell makes me feel like I am at a spa indulging myself.  I also use the Root Awakening conditioner at the same time, and both products together give me a break from the everyday.

Using these products makes my hair shiny, and gets rid of any extra frizz I may have had.  My hair looks like one of those salon commercials, where it flows and glimmers.  These hair products are more expensive than I would normally pay for hair care, but I am willing to pay more for something that is a special treat rather than an everyday product.

Gave my scalp a tingling clean!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo:

I really like the John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo for Breakage-Prone Hair. I like the strong smell with natural eucalyptus. This shampoo sort of tingles on the scalp and gives your hair a sqeaky clean feel. It feels refreshing as it bubbles on your scalp. I feel like it really did hyrdate and cleanse my scalp. it also made my african-american hair more manageable, smoother, &  softer. I can definitely tell a difference when I use and when I don't use this product. I see that some are concerned because of the high price. But, I buy this product when it is on sale and when I have a coupon. It ends up being a great deal for a great shampoo. However, i don't think I would ever pay full price for it, because it didn't stop my hair breakage and didn't seem to strengthen my hair. I have yet to find a product that does those things for hair. So, the John Freida Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo is a great shampoo for people just looking for a clean and more manageable hair and a refreshed scalp. I would reccommend it.