Other Shampoos:
John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo

John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Kao John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo is awesome!

Kao John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo for dry hair is a shampoo that has made a difference on my hair.  I get my hair colored about every five weeks.  For many years I have had my hair color as blonde, but my hair color is natually light brown.  I blow dry my hair almost daily and I also use either a curling iron or a straighener on my hair daily.  You all kno what that means.... dry hair!  I love the tingling feeling that I get when I shampoo my hair which lets me know that my roots are truly being awakened!  The name fits the shampoo!  My hair is much more healthy and feels alot smoother since using this shampoo.  John Frieda is a name you can trust.  I also use the conditioner for dry hair.  They work great together.  It does not make my hair too heavy or greasy.  My hair acturally comes out manageable just the way we all see the models on tv commercials about hair!  If you have not tried out this shampoo or conditioner, you should!  A great product to add to your other collection of great products!

Liked the scent...but disappointed

First, let me start off by saying that I am a CO washer (Conditioner Only) and have been for just over a year. That being said, I am used to and love the way my hair feels after washing my hair with conditioner. In order for me to give this product a fair shake, I had to go back in time to when I used shampoo and compare my experience with this product with when shampoo was part of my daily routine. Here is my story...

Having just joined the BzzAgent community in April 2009, this was the first campaign I was a part of. In my BzzKit, I received a full size bottle of the John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo, a full size bottle of the Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, 2 sample bottles of the Health Boosting Detangling Spray, samples of Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner (4 sample packets of each), and coupons to share with people.

The product states the following:

"**Improves hair health, with natural eucalyptus**

Stimulates & feeds the roots, fortifying to reduce breakage for visibly healthier hair.

**Awakens your hair's healthiest potential**  A small change can make a big difference to the healthy look of your hair.  The **Root AwakeningTM **line with natural Eucalyptus hydrates your scalp, nourishes from roots to ends and stimulates your senses, for hair that's noticeably more radiant and resilient with every use.

**Experience the beauty of Eucalyptus:**

- **See **your hair's pure radiance

- **Breath **the invigorating essence

- **Feel **the energy feeding your roots.

**Root AwakeningTM **Strength Restoring Shampoo fortifies breakage-prone hair from roots to ends for greater manageability."

The product also states that it is safe for color treated hair.

The directions on the bottle of are as follows:

"Smooth Nourishing Moisture Shampoo through wet hair, lather and massage at the root to stimulate the scalp.  Rinse thoroughly.  Repeat if necessary.  Follow with Nourishing Moisture Conditioner and Health BoostingTM Detangling Spray for dramatically healthier-looking, more manageable hair."

Since my BzzKit contained all of the products mentioned, I did the whole suggested routine mentioned above (reviews on the other two products to be done on separate reviews).

When I first used the shampoo, I was expecting to be overpowered by a strong eucalyptus smell, but was pleasantly surprised when the scent turned out to be more of a light, minty scent. The shampoo was creamy coming out of the bottle, but then the suds it created started to feel dry, like dishwashing liquid. I concentrated the shampoo massage on my scalp, as recommended, to make sure that my scalp was well stimulated. When I rinsed, my hair felt dried out. I followed up with the suggested conditioner and detangling spray (reviews on these later).

I let my hair air dry and noticed that my color looked stripped, and my hair seemed dry and frizzy. I tried the routine for 3 days in a row, but did not see any improvement in my hair. On the contrary, it seemed worse, probably due to the fact that I have not used shampoo for over a year. When comparing it to when I used to use shampoo, it seemed to be more drying that other shampoos that I have tried. Probably because the second and third ingredients that are listed are Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which are drying ingredients.

Sad, because I was hoping for this product to be amazing.

Hair feels saloon quality after using John Frieda Root Awakening

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

John Frieda products are great, so when I received samples of their Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner in the mail, I was delighted.

I got in the shower, wet my hair, and then tore of the top of the 0.28 fluid ounce (8.3 ml) sachet. I loved the smell of eucalyptus that came from it. The shampoo was a little on the runny side, so made sure of keeping it in the palm of my hand, before applying it to my hair.

I took it through each strand, making sure that my scalp, and roots, had plenty of shampoo. It lathered well, and I left it on for a few minutes. I then used a John Frieda blonde conditioner for my color treated hair.

After drying my hair, it shone, felt hydrated, and was easy to style. Another winner from John Frieda.

Hair felt stronger, and looked great.

Loved the eucalyptus smell.

Old gal with a great hair experience!

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

I am almost 66 years old so for those in this age category you know how much our hair has changed. As I aged my hair became much finer. For the last two years I have used John Frieda Root Awakenings Shampoo and Conditioner has been the best I have used in many years. My hair is medium length and looks as good as girls much younger than myself! It gives my hair body and shine like I haven't had in years. I am not one to seek out writing a review, but I wanted others to know the difference I have experienced and hopefully it may help someone else.

Your hair will thank you for it!

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

I have not been disappointed in any John Frieda hair care product I have tried,this is one of my favorites.The smell is incredible and my hair is left so silky soft and manageable.I have thin shoulder length hair that tends to have lots of frizz.I also color it and tend to have lots of split ends this shampoo really manages it and gives my hair incredible bounce and shine.The scent really lingers in the hair I have gotten many compliments on smelling good when using this Shampoo.Conditioner combo.

Works well on thin,flat hair.It provides lots of bounce and shine and really keeps the hair healthy.

This is one of the main reasons I love this shampoo the scent is so so nice.It lingers in your hair for hours.It has a nice musky energizing scent.

Smooths out the frizzy and smells great.

from Stoneville, NC

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

I love this product. I have frizzy hair and didn't know what to do with it. I tried John Frieda Root Awakening and it helped smooth out my hair. I also use the Root Awakening conditioner. I am not sure you would get the same results without using the combination.

This product is in my top 5 for effectiveness.

Leaves behind a very pleasant scent.

Made my long curly hair more manageable and less frizzy.

from Memphis, TN

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

My hair seemed easier to comb and less out-of-control

worked great for better control of my long curly hair

I wasn't crazy about the scent at first, but it definitely grew on me. It is definitely eucalyptus. I liked it a lot once i got used to it. it is refreshing and calming.

John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo is my all time favorite!

from Athens, AL

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

Shampoos?  I've tried them all.  I find good deals on all sorts of brands, but John Frieda's Root Awakening line outdoes them all for me (so far).  I have mentioned in another review that I love the smell most of all in the Root Awakening line of products.  It awakens the senses in the shower, as well as the hair, so I feel like it's so much more enjoyable.  The smell makes me feel fresh and clean.

Besides the awesome smell of the shampoo, I love how the product works.  It lathers up really well, doesn't have a slippery feel and rinses away without residue, it seems.  My hair is super dry, and so is my scalp, especially in this winter weather, so this product is my go to product this season to provide relief.

If there is a sale on John Frieda Root Awakening, I'm there!  It's like I'm treating myself to something special when I get to buy it.  I tell others about this product too, because I seriously do love it that much!

Smells and works beautifully

from Springfield, VA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

This shampoo truly has an awakening feeling, with the eucalyptus in it. It also is great for hydrating hair and even works great for colored hair. I have a hard time finding a shampoo that protects my colored hair and does not leave it either dull, faded, or dry. This shampoo does not fade color at all and leaves my hair very soft, even before using the conditioner. I recommend using the matching conditioner for extra-dry/damaged hair in this line. It seems to hydrate my hair much more than the normal conditioner. It may seem expensive for the size, but a small amount foams up and goes a long way. All of John Frieda products are luxurious and a good deal for the price.

How much do I have to use?

from Chicago, IL

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

I purchased this John Frieda Root Awakening shampoo but it did not live up to my expectations at all.I know this is a higher end product so I was expecting a little more but it only met me half way.The way my hair felt after lathering it up was not right at all.It took three tries to finally get the shampoo to lather up in my hair.I'm supposing that if you wear other hair products this shampoo is harder to lather up and cleanse than without but I would not know that because I do use other hair products on a regular basis so therefore maybe that was the reason it really was not working for me.On the other hand my hair felt very silky and soft to the touch.I found it to be more manageable and the name Root Awakening is right because I felt as if I had used a mint hair treatment on my scalp as soon as it started tingling.I would definitely like to purchase this product again but something has to be done about the lather because the tube is smaller than most shampoos and I would easily use it all up rather quickly.Love it or leave it? I'll leave it up to you!

John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo makes my feel soft

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo:

John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo Dry Hair smells wonderful. I love the smell of this shampoo. It makes my hair feel so soft and light weight.  after using this shampoo it made my hair feel like it just got washed from a salon. This shampoo really works! The only bad thing about this is it is pricey. However, it does go on sale often and you can usually get a good deal. But, I would recommend trying this shampoo it is wonderful!

Kao John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo is awesome!

from Soddy Daisy, TN