Other Shampoos:

John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Improves ANY hair type!!

I recently had the opportunity to try the new John Freida Root Awakening hair line. Let me tell you, I was very skeptical at first, because I have very dry, curly hair. I always end up having to by top of the line products to control the dryness, frizz and curl. After reading several things about this shampoo, I was expecting a tingly scalp and awesome smell. I didn't get the tingling, but the peppermint smell is so amazing. It is a boost for the senses, especially first thing in the morning when you aren't quite awake yet! I am beyond excited about the results I have seen. Within 2 washings (I wash my hair every day and apply conditioner and leave it in, whether or not it is meant to be), I noticed a softness and shine that I have never had before. It usually take repeated use of a product for me to get the softness. Not so with this product. It really makes my hair feel like it is clean and any buildup is taken away. Also, the conditioner does not make my hair feel weighted down. If you want an extra boost, use the detangler. It smooths out my frizzy ends even more. Overall I am extremely happy with this product and thankful for the opportunity to try it. I will be buying this in the future!

It cleans out impurities in your hair and scalp.

I was excited about this product, but I did not find it different from the current shampoo that I use...Loreal Vive Pro Smooth & Glossy.

It did clean out...Read complete review

It did clean out all the chemicals in my hair and the heaviness from conditioner buildup. However, I did not find that it made a significant change to my hair. I loved the conditioner version, but did not find the shampoo impressive.

I did like the tingling sensation on my scalp. It is very different from any other shampoo I have ever used. No other shampoo made my scalp feel refreshed. I especially love the sensation when I am trying to wake up in the morning. It gives me an extra boost that starts my day off with energy.

I look forward to John Frieda enhancing this shampoo line and perhaps I will find that they will improve the shampoo so I love it as much as the conditioner.

However, I still would recommend that everyone should try it and see if it works for them. Others may find it better for their hair than I did.

Great Shampoo

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

I bought the Root Awakening shampoo on a whim one day because it smelled good and it was on sale. I had used other John Frieda products in the past and liked, but not loved, them. The first time I used it I couldn't believe how shiny my hair was. I have very thick, wavy, highlighted hair. This really boosted the shine without any other shine enhancers and brought out my highlights. It also made my hair a lot smoother. I usually use a flat iron at least a few days a week and with this it takes about half of the time to get my hair as smooth as can be. And it smells really good. Even after a day of cleaning and chasing kids my husband noticed it right away when he got home from work, and he isn't always the most observant about that kind of stuff. I liked the shampoo so much that I went out and bought the conditioner and the spray on conditioner. The combination of all three makes my hair really silky and shiny for a lot less money than other brands that perform as well.

Best dandruff shampoo EVER

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

This might be the only shampoo I'll ever buy again. I'd been suffering from dandruff for years now, and one of my haircut ladies recommended this shampoo because the tea tree oil is good for a dry scalp like mine. The first time I used it I wasn't aware that it was supposed to get all tingly and cold on your scalp, but it felt awesome. Within 3-4 days I could notice a major improvement in my scalp health. The flakes were leaving, but my hair was also getting shinier instead of looking dry and stale like before. It was the first hair product that banished my dandruff through moisturizing my scalp instead of drying it out more. I love it! 10/10!

This is so worth your money.

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

This John Frieda product works wonders to strengthen your hair, while keeping it healthy, shiny, and vibrant. I originally received this shampoo as a sample that I requested from a Facebook page. Once I tried out the sample on my hair, I was very happy with it. I began using it, and started recommending it to several of my friends and family members.

This product is very effective. It is great to use on your hair first thing in the morning while you take your shower, because the formula in the shampoo actually works to stimulate your scalp, and it makes you feel very awake and alert.

I am absolutely in love with the scent of this shampoo. I love every John Frieda product that I have tried so far, but I think that this one is my favorite, hands down. This shampoo has a very unique, almost timeless scent to it. It smells very fresh and clean, and it gives your hair long lasting, beneficial results.

They live up to their reputation

from San Diego, CA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

The John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo, in my opinion is a very good product  that keeps your hair..."alive" and healthy. It matches what the title says what it is- a product that awakens your root and keeps it healthy. After I had used it for the first time, my hair looked and felt healthier. The results are instantly; you can feel you hair getting healthier, and the scent is pretty "delicious" too. It adds a lot of shine to your hair- after you use it for a couple of times. It's not just the aftermath that feels good, is also when you are scrubbing it in your hair.

Some cons for the John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo was that it was a little pricey for some people, especially if they are money-concious. If the bottle size was bigger, the price might have been more fair. It's also not the best product for people with sensitive noses, because the scent might be a little too strong. Overall, I would reccommend this product to other people.

It is very effective,but after you are done, your hair feels so clumped and sticky.

Root Awakening leaves my hair clean, not stripped!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

Although originally, this wouldn't have been the type of product that I would buy, I ended up surprising myself and liking it.  About 95% of my body care products are all natural, so I don't buy drug store shampoos and conditioners, but I received free samples of the John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo and the matching [conditioner][1] , so I decided to give them a try.

The packaging says, "Awaken 3x healthier hair, starting at the roots." *

* compared to ordinary shampoo for healthy strength.

**John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo ** is supposed to do the following:

- Hydrate your scalp

- Nourish hair from roots to ends

- Stimulate your senses

The John Frieda Root Awakening line is available in different formulas, for different hair types.  *Health* *Infusing* is for normal hair.

I know this product isn't made with all natural ingredients, but I would *consider* buying it if it was on sale.  Since the ingredients aren't on the sample, I would have to read the package to determine if it is a product I would buy.  I do like a large variety of shampoo and conditioner in the shower (about 3-4 brands), and this might be a nice addition.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/John-Frieda-Root-Awakening-Health-Infusing-Conditioner-review-ce8f0

It lathered really well, and left my hair feeling clean but not stripped.  When I rinsed my hair, it washed out easily and didn't leave my hair feeling rough like some shampoos do.

One of the things I like about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo is the scent.  It has a fresh, minty/eucalyptus scent that is not too strong like a L'Oreal shampoo sample I tried.

Kao John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo: Invigorating

from Southern Maryland, MD

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

I am a big fan of John Frieda's shampoo and conditioner products, and was first lucky enough to obtain a sample of this before I bought it. It does have both its pluses and it s minuses.

On the plus side, I must say it smells absolutely refreshing. The scent is like a eucalyptus mint aroma. I love that it doesn't require a whole lot to wash and condition my hair--just a dollop. The smell is so invigorating; it almost makes my scalp feel like it is receiving some type of cooling treatment. I love that feeling! John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo leaves my hair smelling yummy, and coupled with the conditioner it makes my hair so soft.

On the downside, the shampoo, nor the conditioner do nothing for volume. At least this is the case for my hair. I have thick hair, but it tends to lie flat without using the proper shampoo or styling aids. Although, John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo makes my scalp feel awakened and alive probably due to the eucalyptus and mint, it does nothing for lifting my hair at the roots.

All in all this a great cleaning product if you want that spa feeling while you wash, however, I wouldn’t recommend it for volumizing.

Root Awakening Shampoo is nothing special!

from Dayton, OH

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

I tried the John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo mostly because it was on sale and I had a coupon. It looked interesting, so I gave it a shot. My favorite thing is the scent. I don't know how to describe the scent except that it is tingly and invigorating. It seems to help wake me up a little bit in the morning.

Other than the smell, it seems to be just like any other shampoo. I have thick, wavy, and heavy hair, and this shampoo didn't seem different than any other less expensive shampoo. On the plus side, it didn't seem to weigh my hair down or dry it out, but it didn't do anything for my hair either. If anything, my scalp seems a little itchy after I use it.

I think that the John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo is not worth the price. Less expensive shampoos seem to work just as well, although they do not smell quite as nice. Its a decent product, but I won't buy it again unless the price comes down.

The smell of John Frieda shampoo is delicious

from Walled Lake, MI

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

The root awakening shampoo from John Frieda's collection does exactly what it claims - improves hair health. The smell of the natural eucalyptus is delicious and I love getting in the shower and washing my hair not only for the good product I am using, but also to have that yummy aroma fill the shower and bathroom. I specifically purchased the breakage-prone style to help restore strnegth to my hair. The product also claims to stimulate and feed the roots, while fortifying to reduce breakage for visibly healthier hair. I have noticed that my hair feels stronger, but have not decided if it visibly looks healthier. I do not dye my hair, but the bottle says you are able to use this product for colored hair. I also recommend using the John Frieda's Root Awakening Conditioner after using the shampoo. Again, I cannot stress enough the yummy aroma the product gives off, which does awake my senses and provides me with energy to start my day. I highly recommend this product.

Awesome Shampoo

from Lehi, UT

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

As someone who has damaged hair due to dying it in the past, I usually look for a shampoo that will work well at repairing.  Typically I use Pantene almost always.  However, I had a few friends who had tried the John Frieda Root Awakening line and told me how fantastic it was so I thought I would give it a try.  I usually find that when I shampoo my hair, it gets tangled up easily and then I end up having to use a ton of conditioner to get it somewhat where it will be manageable after the shower.  I was really impressed instantly with this product because my hair was already smooth and silky with just this shampoo!  The scent is really refreshing and awakening as well.  I am not sure what the scent is supposed to be but to me it is really minty and just really refreshing.  I also was happy with the price and felt that it was a really good price for something that I would compare to Salon quality shampoo.

Not worth the price

from Saint Clair Shores, MI

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Infusing Shampoo:

I had a good coupon for John Frieda Root Awakening.   Since the commercials on TV, ads in the paper and just the name made it sound cool, I wanted to give it a try.

The price was a bit expensive, but I figured because of the price and the hype, it must work great.  Let me tell you, I don't mind paying more for quality; for something that I know will work better than other like items on the market, but this is not it.

I went through the whole bottle not noticing anything different, wonderful, or unusual about the product and how it works on my hair.  My hair is nothing special.  It is slightly wavy, thick, medium-short, and gets greasy in a normal amount of time.  So because my hair is average, I guess I expected an expensive product to show me a little something special than the average, cheaper shampoos.

It is because of the high price and the average performance that I give this a thumbs-down.  The price is way too high for something that is nothing special.