Other Misc. Styling Products:
John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray

John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray

Pros

Cons

John Frieda Root Awakening Detangling Spray is awesome !

I was amazed when I tried this product. It's been the best hair buy that I made all year. I am African-American and have relaxed hair, so when it says for "all hair types" it means for ALL hair types. It says that it "dramatically silkens hair" and it really lives up to its claim. It also contains vitamins to nourish new growth. I love the smell and the fact that it only cost me about 6.50 at Target. I am definitely John Frieda's newest fan as i've only had it for a few months and it's already a hair STAPLE.

The Purpose is??

I'm a fan of most of the John Frieda products and when I saw his new Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling spray at a great price and with a freebie wide tooth comb attached to the bottle ( not to mention I had a coupon) I thought it would be a fun new product to try.  After coloring my hair I do sometimes have a few comb out problems and I thought this spray might help.  For me it seemed to do nothing.  I'm really not sure of the benefit of this product, maybe it is adding some good for your hair.  It is not sticky and does not seem to add any product build-up like some products do- you know how some products make your hair feel dirty fast?  Well, my hair felt clean all day and very soft so that is not a down side to this product.  I will use other John Freida products but I won't be a repeat buyer of the Detangling Spray.  The biggest positive I recieved from buying this product is that I LOVE the wide tooth detanging comb that came free on the package!

This will definitely make your hair easier to brush!

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

I have really long, thick hair and it can be a mess to brush out after I wash it. It also gets really tangled throughout the day. Therefore, I started looking for different products to help me remove tangles from my hair. I remember my mom spraying products in my hair when I was little to help remove tangles. Therefore, I started hunting down a tangle removing spray. I think highly of this brand and so I decided to give their product a try. I have not been disappointed. This spray works great at softening my hair and making it more manageable to brush out. I spray it in my hair when I get out of the shower and let it sit for a minute. Then, I take a brush to my hair and brush it right out. It works wonders on helping my hair be smooth. I used to hate brushing my hair after a shower but this tangle removing spray makes it much easier. I would recommend this to anyone with long or thick hair. It works great!

Best help for limp hair!

from Rochester, MN

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

Let me begin by saying I have the world's thinist, limp hair! I've had a terrible time finding products I can afford that give me some body and lift. I've tried so many products and this one is hands-down the best one that works for me. I was tired of paying salon prices for something that didn't seem to so the job, or only lasted a short time throughout my day. John Frieda's root awakening health boosting detangling spray is like using a little magic every morning to make my hair appear fuller and mor full of life. A few squirts near my scalp give me what I need to help style my otherwise lifeless hair into something I like to look at in the mirror. I would recommend this product to anyone with thin hair...gives me the boost I need!

YES, detangles and gives body

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

I have very, very fine hair and after washing it, it can be very difficult to get a comb through it without pulling on my scalp. Love this product as it smells nice and seems to take the tangles right out of my hair. Also it does seem to give a little extra body to my fine, limp hair.

John Frieda Detangling Spray = AWESOME

from Barrington, NJ

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

I just LOVE this product. There are so many great things about this product I do not even know where to start. I would have never tried this product if I did not have good coupons or a good deal. So keep an eye out - I get these for free after coupons all the time! Normally, there are a pretty expensive product, but the deals are incredible! My three year old daughter gets some knotty hair - she gets all sorts of things in her hair. And after I bathe her and brush her hair out, it is super knotty. But, this stuff works wonders in her hair. I pretty much spray it in, let it sit for a minute and I can almost just comb it right through. I have tried many products and this one seems to work the best - it should considering what the price is normally. I use this product on my hair all the time too. I really love this product - and it smells jsut wonderful! I would most definately receommend this product to anyone looking for a good hair detangler!

john freida root awakening detaingling spray

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

I recently purchased John Freida Root Awakening Health Boosting detaingling spray for the first time.  I have long hair and have daughters with long hair as well.  We go through a lot of conditioning sprays and detangling sprays in order to get my girls hair ready for each day.  I don't use these items on my hair but they have been essential to easy brushing with my girls in the mornings, expecially on days they have school.  I really like this product and would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.  It has a nice eucalyptus scent and does not leave their hair feeling greasy or oily.  It goes on in a uniform spray and provides just enough conditioning element to get the tangles out of hair.   I have a hard time getting my oldest, (she's 11) in the habit of routinely brushing her hair.  This product helps with that as her hair is usually quite tangled when I'm using it.  I've been able to find it for a very affordable price when purchasing with coupon and store sale.

The Purpose is??

from Marion, NY

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

Best detangler I've used!

from Quincy, WA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

My daughter has very straight, very thin, and very dry blonde hair. It can look like straw if heaven forbid we haven't conditioned in a day or two. She is little and hates to wash her hair! She doesn't mind getting it wet, but doesn't like to wash it. I feel like this product is heaven-sent. It has a great smell, is fun for her to spray and works like a dream. Her hair looks healthier, more moist, full of body and bounce and shiney. It helps a lot with all the ratty tangles we used to struggle through every morning. It is like the step beyond conditioning to great hair for her. Since using it, we've had to wash and condition her hair less frequently. We can use it on the days she just gets her hair wet. It glides through those tangles and leaves her hair fresh and nice looking, much better than other detanglers I've tried, which kind-of worked but didn't really make her hair look any healthier. No greasy spots left like another leave-in conditioner I've used. I would definately recommend this for anyone with a similar hair type. The smell is nice and fresh too.

Let me comb out my girls hair without screaming!

from Alabaster, AL

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

This stuff is awesome! I got the sample and just thought I'd try it on my daughters hair before I combed it out to blow dry after a bath. It let the comb slide through like a hot knife through butter! No more screaming at my house!

Makes hair feel great!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

Having just joined the BzzAgent community in April 2009, this was the first campaign I was a part of. In my BzzKit, I received a full size bottle of the John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo (please see my review), a full size bottle of the Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Conditioner (Please see this review), 2 sample bottles of the Health Boosting Detangling Spray, samples of Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner (4 sample packets of each), and coupons to share with people.

The product states the following:

"**Improves hair health, with natural eucalyptus**

Vitamin-enriched spray nourishes roots for healthier-looking growth, dramatically silkens hair; with heat protection.

**Awakens your hair's healthiest potential**  Health BoostingTM Detangling Spray delivers essential vitamins from roots to ends for dramatically silkier, more manageable hair."

The product also states that it is safe for color treated hair.

The directions on the bottle of are as follows:

"Start with Root AwakeningTM Shampoo and Conditioner.  Spray 3-5 pumps of Health BoostingTM Detangling Spray at your roots and massage in.  Use more depending on hair length.  Comb through hair.  Do not rinse out.  Style as usual."

Since my BzzKit contained all of the products mentioned, I did the whole suggested routine mentioned above.

I wrote in earlier reviews that I was disappointed with the shampoo, and that I liked the conditioner a lot. I didn't know what to expect from this product. After shampooing and conditioning, I sprayed it on my scalp, massaged it in, then combed it through. Even though it did not seem to have enough "slip" for detangling purposes, it still made my hair soft and shiny.

I don't use this every day, but I do enjoy the way my hair feels when I do use it. I will purchase when I run out of my samples!

wonderful product

from Santa Ana, CA

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Health Boosting Detangling Spray:

i bought 2 bottles at walgreens one day. i know i have a tangling hair. my hair gets tangling so easily that i get really annoyed. sometimes i would give up brushing my hair because it is so tangling out of control. when i saw this product on the shelve at walgreens (i have never heard of this brand), i immediately fall in love with it at first sight. i read all the ingredients and the job it functions. i love it even more. i ended up buying two bottles that same day.  at home after taking a shower, i immediately spray it on my tangling hair to see how well it works. as i expected, it worked so well. my hair was detangling in a few seconds. i was amazed. i can't wait to use it every time i finished taking a shower.  my hair was not greasy and hardened after i used the product which amazed me even more. so the next day, i went to walgreens and buy some more bottles to stock up. you see how much i love this product. i highly recommend it.