Other Hair Conditioners:
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Conditioner

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Conditioner

Shine in a bottle

from Tampa, FL

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Liquid Shine Illuminating Conditioner:

John Frieda has so many Brilliant Brunette conditioners out now that it can be hard to keep them straight. The Liquid Shine Illuminating conditioner is the one in the pearlescent tube. It's a great rinse-out conditioning product for adding a glassy shine to hair before styling. It's not really a treatment conditioner. It's great at adding aesthetic appeal until your next wash, but it's not going to improve the hair's condition over the long term. For what it is though, it's really great.

This conditioner really does add a lot of shine, not quite as effectively as an argan oil product can do, but the scent of argain oil is not for everyone and this product does a close job. It has mica and olive oil in it, both of which gloss up the hair shaft in a way that is very flattering on color-treated hair. If you have a single process job, this conditioner can go a long way towards making it look less monochromatic.

I personally do enjoy the incense-like scent of argan oil products, but if you don't then you will probably like this better. The Liquid Shine conditioner has a slightly more subtle gourmet fragrance reminiscent of a frappuccino - sweet and foody.

Brightens up color!

from Beverly Hills, CA

I don't mind paying more for quality products, but I did find this to be fairly expensive for a drugstore conditioner.It is almost the same price as some of the products in salons! With that being sad, I definitely think it is worth the money. It is very effective for brightening up color and brings out the highlights in your hair. It also seems to be fairly moisturizing as well. I love the way my hair feels after using it. I can't stop touching it! It has also made my hair very shiny. I don't use this every day because I have found more moisturizing products, but I do use it twice a week and the results last a while, so I've found that to be perfect. Especially on the days where I feel like my hair looks too dull and frizzy. Once I use this, it really is less frizzy and the shine is just amazing. It's definitely the best conditioner to use for brightening up your color and bringing some shine into it.

brilliant color for brunettes

from Miami, FL

This hair conditioner is great!!!,it has the advantages of a conditioner(that has cetyl alcohol) but might leave hair dull and weaken the color-but this product finds a way around it,it shines more and at the same time it makes the (brunette) color more noticeable,more conspicous.It is very easy to use and does not seem to have any dangerous or allergenic chemicals(at least for me).When I first used it -after shampooing it left my hair color of a deeper shade of brown,and also seemed to counteract gray hairs-which have a duller hue and a noticeable tone.It does not leave a residue on hands-it seems to interact in a non aggressive way with the follicule and leave it shiny and colorful.Like a conditioner it tends to make hair fluffier and more arranged.It has a pleasat smell and seems an overall good product.The bottle design is artistic with some saloon hints and classy look.Would recommend his product to friends,it looks to me that it is a product well worth its price.Also think the product fills a niche in the conditioner productmarket.Great item.

Great Conditioner

from Charleston Afb, SC

I love the Brilliant Brunette line. It really does make a difference in the look of my brunette hair. I was feeling like I needed to color my hair, which I've left its natural color for several years now, but using this conditioner adds so much dimension and shine that it no longer looks like it's in need of color. It also makes my hair soft and smooth. I have baby fine hair with the tiniest bit of wave, that I have to blowdry straight every day, which can cause some dried split ends. This conditioner seems to give just enough moisture to reduce that dryness in my ends without weighing down my baby fine hair. The consistency seems a bit odd at first, a little runny even. A number of times I've accidentally squeezed way too much out, and it will even run out of the bottle when you open it (you just have to keep that in mind and have your hand under it), but maybe that thin consistency is the reason it doesn't weigh my hair down. I really love the light, somewhat sweet scent.

LOVE IT

from Portland, OR

When this shampoo/conditioner combo came out a few summers ago, I figured I'd try it as I was a devoted user of John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette line (have used it for over 6 years). I was not disappointed. Using both the shampoo and conditioner made my hair RIDICULOUSLY shiny. And this is from someone with generally shiny hair before use. My roommate at the time could even tell a difference - it really works! I find that the conditioner can be combined with other shampoos to still give great shine - for example I sometimes use the John Frieda volumizing line's shampoo to get more volume and then use this conditioner to add shine - makes for great bouncy and shiny hair.

For how effective this conditioner is, the price is great. Oftentimes John Frieda offers deals on their website (including FREE bottles of shampoo and conditioner) and the brand has never let me down. I use this conditioner on a daily basis, and have been doing so since the first time I tried it a year and a half ago.

NICE! For occational use!

from Pacolet, SC

I just tried this conditioner for the first time and I've been really pleased it it.  It gives my hair EXTRA moisture, so to the point that I can only use it about once a week.  I have a back up conditioner with a little less moisture to use the other times.  I have VERY dark brown hair and it makes my hair look and feel great!  I even use it in my 3 year olds hair, she has medium brown.  It doesn't take much, maybe about a quarter size for me and a dime for her.  I also have to keep it only in the ends...no where near the scalp or it gets greasy QUICK.  I've found this to almost be as moisturizing and as "repairing" as a hot oil treatment.  I get the water, and my hair, really hot and then apply the conditioner.  i let it sit for about 5-10 minutes while I wash and shave, then rinse it with cool, or cold if I can stand it, water.  it does take a bit of rinsing to get out, but it is worth it.  I'm really glad I tried it!!!

Absolutely Love This Conditioner

from Nash, TX

I probably would have never tried this if I had not gotten a sample of it in the mail almost a year ago.  I was happy with my current conditioner and I thought that John Frieda products cost a little too much for my taste.  I also thought that all shampoos and conditioners were the same.  But I got a sample of this in the mail, which is only a single use packet, and figured I would try it.  I fell in love immediately.  It really does make your hair shine a lot more, and you really can tell the difference the first time you use it.  The fragrance is okay.  It could be a little better, but it doesn't stink by any means.  You just won't be able to really smell your hair after a couple of hours.  However, your hair will look healthy, shiny and is really soft to the touch.  After only once use, I switched and I have been a loyal customer now for over a year.  I would definately recommend anyone to spend the extra money to try it for themselves.  It is definately worth it.