Other Hair Conditioners:

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Works Well For Dyed or Dark Hair

I got a tube of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner when they were having a special sale at CVS. A few people in our household have dark or dyed hair and I thought perhaps it might help the color to last longer. It was interesting how nicely this worked.

I love the flip top tube that this comes in. It is easy to store and use in the shower. The conditioner is really nice. It leaves hair shiny, soft, and bouncy, but deposits a nice dark brown hue to the hair. It does not dye the hair, only adds a gentle hue. The people in the household who have dyed brunette hair like it because it makes the color last longer. The people in the household who have brunette natural hair with a bit of gray mixed in find that the conditioner tints the gray just a little bit. I would not recommend this conditioner for baby fine or fine hair that can not be weighed down. It needs to be used on hair that is heavier and can stand up to conditioners without looking limp. I also recommend trying the shampoo with the conditioner as together they add a nicer hue to the hair than just the conditioner. We have used the conditioner with other shampoo and it still works fine.

I found this scent to be unisex and not overly flowery or feminine.

Brilliant Brunette highlighted my hair but left it DRY!

Okay, so if you read my review on the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Daily Release Shampoo, then you have a head start because I feel the same way about this conditioner. I was torn with both the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Daily Shampoo and the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner because on the one hand, they both DEFINITELY deliver on the whole "Brings out your beautiful brunette hair's natural highlights without using ANY chemicals or dyes", but at the same time, IT DRIED MY HAIR OUT REEEEEALLY BAD!

I LOVED all the MANY shades of brunette that both the John Frieda Brililant Brunette Shampoo and Conditioner brought out - just be aware that shortly after you discontinue using the shampoo and conditioner, the natural highlights also go away. Oh! But it smelled AMAZING! Mmmmmm....

On the downside, the Brilliant Brunette line (shampoo and conditioner) left my hair feeling like a straw broom!! I have naturally curly hair (which needs extra moisturizing) and I tried it in UT and CA....so if you live in a naturally humid state with hair that doesn't need extra moisturization, then maybe this'll work for you :)

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I have had every hair color from my natural red, to blonde, to brunette. No matter the color of my hair, I like to use John Frieda's Brilliant Conditioners. Most recently when I had Brunette hair I used John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner. This really helped keep my hair color vibrant. It did not wash out my color at all or cause the color of my hair to fade.

I tend to have frizzy hair, and this did help control my fly-aways. It also kept my hair from getting too many knots throughout the day. I use a small amount of this conditioner, and leave it in my hair for a few minutes to create more of a deep conditioning for my hair.

This works great to keep color treated hair vibrant. While I was brunette, this helped maintain my color while also keeping my hair free of knots. I was able to use a small amount of conditioner on my hair, and it was enough to keep my hair from getting too frizzy or knotty throughout the day.

Brilliant Brunette Conditioner

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

This is one of my favorite conditioners. I don't use many conditioners but this leaves my hair soft and silky without any oily or shine to it. Since I have oily hair I struggle to find a good conditioner. This conditioner leaves your hair a lot more manageable. It's easier to brush, style, and blow dry your hair with this conditioner. It leaves my hair soft to touch and easier to manage overall. I highly recommend this conditioner to anyone who needs a good conditioner.

It conditions your hair well enough that it leaves your hair manageable and easier to handle. Your hair will be softer, and easier to handle overall. It doesn't take much of the conditioner, only about a quarter size of the conditioner depending on how long your hair is.

The conditioner doesn't have much of a scent to it, but does not stink or smell bad. The conditioner is pretty much odor less. However it does not have any bad smells and works great.

Just as amazing as the Brilliant Brunette shampoo

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

Since I reviewed the brilliant brunette shampoo, I felt it was necessary to tell you how great the conditioner is too.
Like I said before, I have straight medium length dark brown hair that can get pretty dull and unhealthy looking. Especially since I have to wash it everyday.
Using this conditioner along with the matching shampoo I noticed how much softer and shinier my hair looked just after a few uses. Both products picked up my natural red highlights and low lights in my hair.
This conditioner made my hair a lot less tangled, and dry looking. I noticed that my hair looking like it had a lot less split ends then it did before. Also I feel like with this product I wouldn't even have to get highlights because it naturally gives you them. The only downside is that it doesn't come in a bigger bottle.

This made my hair a lot healthier and moisturized without weighing it down. It brought out a lot of highlights and low lights in my naturally dark brown hair.

The scent of the conditioner is just as amazing as the shampoo. It's a very soft feminine scent.

Not what I had expected.

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

When browsing the store isle, I happened to spot this product, thinking it would help my hair by deeply conditioning and bringing shine to my always frizzy and dry locks. I loved the design of the bottle, which I got to say is quite stylish and sleek. Yet upon trying this product out, I realized that it has limited hydrating power and its consistency isn't as thick and emollient as I would prefer it to be. I don't know if its supposed to darken my brunette hair or to bring out certain undertones, but I didn't notice much in the color difference. I felt like that promise was too far fetched and unrealistic. I love John Frieda products but wasn't crazy about this particular one. I would only recommend this product to those individuals who have normal hair. It isn't emollient enough to be beneficial for overly dry, unmanageable hair.

Scent is moderate, not overly feminine or masculine.

John Friedas conditioner is great

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I really love using John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner. Actually I love just about all John Frieda products! This conditioner really moisturizes my hair well (and I have long hair). Aslo, I do use the conditioner in combination with the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo. I think using the same shampoo/conditioner together are the key to really great hair. This conditioner works so great at conditioning my hair, without weighing it down or having a greasy/oily look to it. My hair just has a nice healthy shine and lots of bounce to it. This conditioner smells really wonderful as well. And when rinsing out in the shower your hair just feels like silk. Completely tangle free! I have tried many other conditioners out there but I just really do like Brilliant Brunette the best. It is a little more expensive than other brands, but you get what you pay for. This condition is definitely worth the cost and it is available at most places I shop so I do not have to make a special trip just to get hair supplies. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

Works Well For Dyed or Dark Hair

from Podunk, NY

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I found this scent to be unisex and not overly flowery or feminine.

John Frieda Conditioner - Great even if you don't color

from Draper, UT

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I have very long straight hair and I am always looking for conditioners that can moisturize and tackle tough tangles but does not weigh down my hair. I was pleasantly surprised to try the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette conditioner. Although I do not color my hair, I purchased this from a clearance rack for a very good price. I figured that if I didn't like it, by husband would use it. This conditioner is very thick. I found that I did not have to use too much of it to spread throughout all of my hair. The scent of this John Frieda conditioner is light and not overpowering. This conditioner did work well with my tangles. I was able to easily comb my wet hair after using. The conditioner does claim to enhance the color of your hair. I didn't notice any difference with my hair color after using, but I do not color my hair so this claim may not be applicable.

John Frieda Briliant Brunette conditioners are great

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I have been using John Frieda Brilliant Brunette conditioners for several years now, and think they are the best.  Currently, I use the moisturizing conditioner for chestnut to espresso shades of brown.  It leaves my hair shiny and smooth.  Even when I have lived in places with hard water, my hair tends to stay soft and fluffy because of this conditioner.  It also really enhances the color.  I have had many people ask me if I dye my hair (which I do not), even professional sylists at salons.  The conditioner, used with John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo, gives a nice boost to the color and adds natural highlights.  If you already have dyed hair, you might want to avoid these shampoos and conditioners because they can alter the original dye job.  But for natural hair they are great.

Another thing that I like about John Frieda shampoos and conditioners is the price.  Yes, they are more expensive than some brands, but in my opinion John Frieda is salon quality for drug store price.  I often find coupons and sales on John Frieda products as well, so it makes the shampoos and conditioners affordable.

Love Brilliant Brunette

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

This review is similar to the Brilliant Brunette shampoo review.  Over the years of trying various hair shampoo and conditioners, I always find myself coming back to brilliant brunette.  For me conditioner is more important since I love my hair feeling silky and soft.  Some conditioners don't have that thicky and creamy feel to them and I find these don't really make your hair feel soft and conditioned.  Brilliant brunette has a perfect consistency to it-- thick, creamy, and lathers nicely on my hair like a deep conditioning treatment would.  It rinses easily and makes my hair feel pretty soft.  Added bonus is the smell-- LOVE the smell of this product.  Out of all the John Freida products this one has the best smell in my opinion.  I also love that it boosts brunuette color tones (IE: low lights or solid brown color treatment) and brings them out.  Makes everything glossy and pop.  The packageing is also convenient-- sits in the shower perfectly without taking up as much space as some of the huge bottles that you can get from high end shampoos or conditioners.

John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Conditioner = shiny soft hair

from Cotati, CA

Comments about John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner:

I've got long thick curly brown-toward-greying hair. I used to color it but gave that up about 5 years ago. I didn't miss the hassle but I did miss the deeper color. A friend gave me a sample of John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Conditioner that had come with something else she bought. I admit I was a bit suspicious at first- after all the product doesn't claim to add color, just reflect back in such a way that natural color appears deeper- but it actually works. I could see the difference after the first use, and I got compliments from my friends and family. As far as conditioning goes, my hair has a tendency to split in "feathers" as well as at the ends because it's so long. John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Conditioner smoothed the hair shafts, keeping the "feathers" from tangling, and made the split ends softer too so they didn't show as much. It also helped keep my hair from being full of static electricity on windy days- no flyaway curls and frizz!