3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

JoAnn feels like a Best Friend for quilters...

I was reviewing the other posts about JoAnns fabrics and several of them were very negative so I thought of this as a means of telling me that I needed to share my POSITIVE experiences with this fabric retail line.

I cannot say that I have ever had a poor experience with JoAnns. In fact, I was there this past weekend at a store in Waco, Texas and found the ladies to be attentive, involved and very customer service oriented. I was asked if there was anything they could help me with at several different times during my 45 minute visit. One lady, Cindy, was helpful in finding a particular fabric that I had come to get additional yardage for and, although we couldn't find it, offered her help in finding something similar.

When I found the fabrics I needed, they were cut quickly and accurately by another lady that smiled and spoke to me with apparent interest on my purchase. I felt very appreciated as a customer!

At checkout, I was helped promptly and, again, was spoken to with interest. I love going to JoAnns'.

Sandy

Joann Fabric?The place for rude and unknowledgable employees

The Management and staff at the Joann store in Madison,Tn were the rudest and most unknowledgable people I have ever dealt with.I went into this store to purchase a few items for my childs school project.First off it was at least 90 degrees in the store,then I was directed to the wrong section of the store,for what I was searching for,then when asking another employee I was rudely shrugged off and told "I guess we do not have that item".funny thing though While walking to the front of store to go to Micheal's,I saw exactly what I was looking for.when I went to the customer service desk the young lady acted as though I was nuts and decided that the next customer in line was more important than Hearing what I had to say.When asked to have her Manager come up,I was told there was no one who could help me.Only after asking 3 more times for someone with some kind of authority did a very nice man step up and ask"may I be of some service".I explained to him what had happened he imidiatly called for a manger on duty (imagine my surprise when one came)and stayed with me until the manager arrived in which was a total waste of time for both he and I,for this lady manager was no better than the lady at customer service.Now I've never worked in retail nor after this experience ever plan on doing so,but I think that your employee's,first of all should know your products and location of them,also (and I do understand that sometimes the stress of being busy can get to some people) You never ever treat a customer this way if only for fear that they might just write a comment very similiar to this one to the president of the company with your name and your managers name included(which I made sure I did and I also made sure I included the very nice comment about the man who did have some competence and included his name).I did not purchase my items at this store nor will I ever sweat another drop in any JoAnn store.

NEVER PURCHASE FROM JOANN.COM!!!

from Wisconsin

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

Awful experience!! Order a Christmas present on 12/5 was shipped the wrong item finally picked up on the 17th but have not received the item I ordered. Promised multiple times it will be shipped immediately but it's the 21st and still not here. The worst service ever!! I am beyond upset!!

Misleading ship times, slow service, poor customer support

from Baton Rouge, La

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

First, the good. Incredible selection, reasonable prices(great if you include coupons that are readily available).

The bad, purchasing with them.
We made a purchase for cloth needed to complete a project that was running long with a final deadline approaching. At order the cloth showed in stock and clearly states order arrives in 3-7 business days. At five business days in no shipment email had been sent so I contacted customer support.

I was told that I should have clicked on the shipping tab and I could have read that this order was coming from a separate warehouse with a 1-3 business day ship time. This information is not clearly indicated but instead buried under a separate tab. At no point during the order was this increased lead time indicated. Moreover, when I commented that it had been five business days and my order had yet to ship I was told they were running behind. No apologies, no offers to rectify the problem. I asked to file a formal complaint (not normally my style but the whole tone of YOU should have read the fine print left me more than aggravated)

My biggest issue is misleading information on arrival time. Simply indicating that the order would be coming from a warehouse and what the potential delays are would have solved everything. Even more importantly NOT showing an inaccurate arrival time of 5-7 business days. More thought needs to given to their web design.

My second issue is a real failure on the customer support side to solve the issue, or even address my concerns. My request to leave a formal complaint about the web design was met with "No one is here to take complaints right now, I can take a note." I could be wrong but I think that entailed nothing more than saying uh huh, uh huh, ok thanks.

Short version, I've seen enough reviews with similar shipping issues to think that Joann.com has systemic issues. If you are looking for timely shipping and arrival of your goods, I just don't think this is the place to use. If you're looking for a great selection, with mediocre customer service, and unsure arrival time; you may have found your place. In today's world online commerce offers too many options for me consider using a company like this again. Clarity is everything, Joann.com doesn't offer it at all.

Last note, this review is strictly for their web based sales. In store shopping is something I can not comment on.

Don't waste your time and money ordering online

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

Will never shop with them again. Online or in one of their stores. Very poor service. Amazon is trustworthy especially for returns. These people are not.

Don't respond to your about their products

Product Selection
Poor quality on line

Product Pricing
Way overpriced for the quality

Customer Service
There is none. Have tried twice online to return a product, they don't bother to even answer the email

Shipping and Returns
They evidently don't do returns

A Quilter's Heaven

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

JoAnn.com is a wonderful website for finding all types of fabric you may need for a project. Though I do enjoy going to the physical store and looking and touching the fabric in person, I don't always have the time to look through everything and then wait at a long line at the cut counter and then wait in line at the registers. Ordering through their website lets you skip those lines and you can easily use coupons they provide on the website. They will often provide a 50% off coupon which brings down the cost of fabric significantly. The website also offers other items like yarn, crafts, lights, and other home decor items. The quality of my purchases has always been very good and I've never had any complaints with their customer service. The shipping charges are a bit high and are calculated according to your total amount ordered but if you do not have a store nearby they are more reasonable than driving a long distance.

• Shipping and Returns:

One of my favorite stores to shop at

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

What I love is that they always have great deals online and in store. I always get great customer service.

The online sight is very easy to use. You can easily navigate through the site by choosing the certain craft you are interested in, or type in the type of product you are searching for.

Product Selection
They have tons of fabric to choose from. I can always find what I am looking for.

Product Pricing
The online selection is very reasonably priced. They always have great deals and coupons you can use online. If you are shopping at one of their local stores they do add matches to make sure you get the best deal. You can even combine offers in some cases.

Customer Service
They are always very helpful and professional online or in store. They have helped me find products I wouldn't have found on my own. My favorite part is that they don't just point you in the right direction, they take the time to show you where products are so you are not searching forever.

Terrible delivery time 16 days. No response customer service

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

I ordered the same item, two boxes if invitations, by two separated orders placed approx. two minutes apart. The orders came 10 days apart, with the second order coming 16 days after places. When I emailed customer service, they never responded.
The invitations are time sensitive. I had to call guests to tell them invites will be late!

Customer Service
Never responded to my emails on where my item was.

Shipping and Returns
Two orders placed two minutes apart. They came 10 days apart, with the second order being 16 days after placed

Great for Fabric and Yarn

from Hartford, CT

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

I crochet quite a bit and love the variety of colors available from all the yarn brands but the store just cannot carry them all so I shop at JoAnn.com for my yarn instead.

I always make sure to purchase only when they have a free shipping coupon code, which is several times a month. It's usually free shipping on $35 or more. Otherwise shipping is a bit expensive.

Navigating the site is a bit of a pain since it's not organized particularly well but if you do a search for the particular item you are looking for then it's much easier. Browsing is not fun.

I love that they carry all the colors of my favorite Red Heart yarn. They have all the colors, including the special holiday ones, even if they store does not carry it.

They also do a great job with fabric cut to order. I was working on a project with a local animal rescue group and needed lots of one yard pieces of fleece fabric and just couldn't imagine hauling it all into the car and home from the store so I ordered it online. In about a week I received two giant boxes from JoAnn with individually wrapped pieces of fabric. It was amazing!

I definitely recommend JoAnn for purchasing yarn and fabric. It's a great site with excellent customer service and fast shipping.

• Shipping and Returns:

Fabulous website and great online shopping codes available

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

I love shopping on JoAnn.com because it is so easy to navigate the website and I am often able to find online shipping codes that provide a significant discount or free shipping. When you first navigate to this website, you will see that there are many different ways to search for products. The first way is to use the search box. When I look for an item using this method, the product I am looking for almost always comes up right away in the search results. The second way you can search is by categories (on the left side of the screen). I find that clicking on these categories results in a broader range of results. My two favorite links that come up are the "new arrivals" link and the "on sale" link. I use these two search options on a regular basis. I also like that current promotions flash up on the screen when you are on the JoAnn.com website. Overall, I am very impressed with this website. The online codes really make shopping on JoAnn.com a worthwhile experience.

Shipping and Returns
You can often find free shipping codes for JoAnn.com.

• Shipping and Returns:

Found what I needed each time

from Westchester, IL

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

I have only purchased items from Joann.com a handful of times in the last year and I couldn't ask for a better experience. I have purchased Rit Dye and different types of fabrics for home projects. Each time I placed an order I was able to get flat rate shipping for $1.99 or 30% off my entire purchase. This site doesn't have a huge selection of items, but it appears to have everything one would need for simple projects. I was able to find the specific color dye I needed after searching numerous sites. All of my items arrived within several days of placing my order. Even though I was able to find the things I needed there were some minor issues I had with the site. I wasn't able to stack coupons or use coupons on sale items on the site. The other thing that I had an issue with is that some items require that I purchase them in 2 or more quantities. I tried adding a single piece of fabric to my cart and it automatically added two. I tried removing one, but it wouldn't allow me to update the quantity.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good way to get something if you know exactly what you want

from Amherst, MA

Comments about JoAnn Fabrics | JoAnn.com:

I have used Joann.com one time when I needed some special Halloween fabric that was no longer carried at my local store. The website was easy to use if I knew exactly what I wanted, which I did. I was grateful to get the fabric that I was looking for. However if are searching for something less clear it isn’t the best search engine that I have ever used. It can be easy to miss what you are looking for because it doesn’t like your search terms. They don’t offer free ship to store which is unfortunate; sometimes this can lure me into using a site that I wouldn’t usually use. I have hear though that if they are out of stock of a fabric in the store and you know what you want that you can have it ordered right there on the spot using whatever coupon you have in your hand at the time. (Never go to JoAnn’s without your coupons, they are the best thing and you can usually use them online at Joann.com too)