Other Airlines:

Jet Blue Airways

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Jet Blue is better than the bad publicity suggests.

I'm not someone who travels much.  This isn't necessarily by choice, mind you, just that I seem to prefer to have my fun all year round rather than trying to pound as much as possible into a week or ten days.

Until this past January, I hadn't been on an airplane since 5th grade (I'm now 27 years young).  So, needless to say, my experience is rather limited.  My brother moved down to Tampa, FL last year, and I decided to go see him and also spend some time with my parents, who were vacationing down there as well.  My family had always gone with Jet Blue for their Florida trips, so I decided to conform and fly Jet Blue out of Boston as well.

Despite the nightmarish Valentine's Day storm that handcuffed the airline so badly, my experience just 2 1/2 weeks prior was quite different.  I found the automatic check in to be quite easy.  The baggage claim people were friendly and helpful (again, not on a plane since 5th grade, a lot of this was foreign to me!).  The in-flight crew were polite.

I paid $99 each way (total cost for round trip after taxes and what not was about $215).   I really don't know if I could've done much better.  But for no stops, and the perfect times of day for flying in and out, I wasn't going to bother looking elsewhere.  I'm pretty self-sufficient.  I don't need a lot of amenities when I'm flying.  Give me a book or a magazine, a soda, and a light, and I'm good.

I did find the DirecTV service to be useful, especially on my flight back.  Like many airlines, all they offered for food was a soda, water, or coffee, and a light snack (peanuts, cookies, etc).  But the flight was barely 3 hours long, so I didn't see a problem.

I know this airline got a bad rap after what happened in February, but I found them to be first class in every way possible.  Call me naive, but I was perfectly satisfied in every way possible.

best for longer trips

I fly all the time for work and for pleasure. I started using JetBlue a few years ago for my cross-continental trips and fell in love. The snacks are great, the planes are comfortable, and hey, you can watch TV! Then I decided to use them for shorter trips...between NYC and Chicago. Awful, awful! They book their flights so close together that they can rarely make the turnaround. Every time i've flown them on this route, there has been a delay of at least 1.5 hours. I think they just have unrealistic expectations of everything working competely as planned. If one minor detail is affected, their whole schedule falls apart. Use them for long haul, but not for short.

One of my new favorite airlines.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I flew JetBlue Airways from New Jersey to Florida, and it was the first time I've ever flown on JetBlue. I travel a lot but I usually go on US Airways, Delta, Allegiant, or United Airlines. I have had trouble with all of those airlines but not with JetBlue. Not only was it an inexpensive flight, but it was one of the most comfortable flights I have been on yet. The JetBlue flight had plenty of extra leg room, and the seats weren't cramped together. I usually get bad motion sickness and anxiety, but JetBlue made me feel at ease and very comfortable. The seats were extra cushioned and cozy. It was only a two hour flight but I felt very relaxed and fell asleep for the whole flight. I didn't get motion sickness at all. Not only was the airplane comfortable, but the flight attendants were very accommodating and pleasant. Even though it was only a two hour flight JetBlue gives you a full free drink of your choice, and a bag of chips or cookies, which I wasn't expecting but it was very nice. Most airlines nowadays for a short flight don't give you anything.

Not only was the flight really nice, but going through security and checking my bag was a breeze. I was early for my flight, and didn't have any problems with the airline at all. I will definitely be flying JetBlue again, because I was very satisfied.

Service
The service was great. Going through security was a breeze, and everyone was friendly and accommodating. The flight attendants were very friendly, and so was everyone working at the airport.

In-Flight Accommodations
Usually for such a short flight you don't get anything, but the flight attendants were very nice and accommodating. I got a free checked bag, not only that but a bag of chips and a full can of soda. Most airlines are cheap and just give you a small cup to drink, but they give you the full drink to enjoy. You had a choice between a bunch of different snacks to choose from. Not only that but the seats were very comfortable, and there was a lot of leg room. Also if you wanted another snack they were inexpensive for a full snack box. Only $6 which is cheap for airplane food.

Reliable service

from Massachusetts

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

JetBlue Airlines is a reliable carrier of flights around the United States. They have expanded their service to cover major airports, such as Boston's Logan Airport, and smaller hubs, such as Providence's T.F. Green Airport. With options existing for point of flight origin, their prices are affordable and comparable to other airlines in the market. Jet Blue also offers a unique feature, compared to other airlines, of the in-flight television service that provides a welcome distraction to passengers travelling longer distances. While no carrier offers meals anymore, the snack service on Jet Blue rates the same as the competitors. Staff on the planes have always been courteous and friendly. The pricing and in-flight TV give Jet Blue a leg up on the rest of the airlines I have flown with. If Jet Blue is headed to my destination, it is the first airline that I consider for my travel needs.

Inexpensive But Impressive

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have flown on Jet Blue a few times for local, short flights and once for a flight cross country from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. The one thing that I love about using their website is that it shows me the prices for the same flight if I am willing to change my arrival or departure date. It is also a simple format that is easy to navigate.

Since I am an amputee I need to be able to take my leg off and stretch out my residual limb; I have never had a problem with Jet Blue not being accommodating. When the plane is loaded and they have all of the passengers seated I usually ask if I can move to an area where there aren't any other people so I can take my leg and sleeve off without people feeling uncomfortable.

The prices for flights are comparable to other airlines but their service is better; there are some nice free snacks and drinks to choose from but if you are going on a longer flight you might want to pack some of your own snacks or a small meal. They do sell boxed lunches and boxed dinners but they aren't all that filling if you are really hungry. If you are a coffee junkie you with love the fact that they have Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

When I have to fly I check the Jet Blue site first for the prices; I only travel with one bag and they allow you to have one bag for free. I have a trip planned for early next year to Los Angeles where I will get to try out the Jet Blue Mint service. I booked the flight for $699.00 round trip.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

A good compromise between discount and pricey

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

In an age where flying is no longer about luxury, it is easy to feel nickel-and-dimed by airlines. They have found ways to charge for basic services we all once took for granted. Jet Blue, while certainly not immune to these changes in culture (they charge for snacks in-flight, after all), still retains at least the spirit of the brand they created for themselves years ago. They are still a relatively small airline, which is good for customer service, and their flights offer more amenities than bare-bones cheap airlines like Allegiant or even Southwest. The television service is a nice touch, and most flights have wifi now. They do allow one checked bag for free which makes travel much easier (it is a nightmare to try and cram everything in a carry on).

Service
Jet Blue staff have always been cheerful and helpful. It's one of my favorite things about flying with this airline.

In-Flight Accommodations
Love the tvs, hate that I have to pay for snacks.

You Get What You Pay For

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

The only time that I have ever flown Jet Blue Airways was when they were a brand new airline. The whole idea of booking flights online was a bit scary, and I was sailing in pretty unknown waters. I was flying out of London and not too familiar with the airports there. I knew of Gatwick and Heathrow, as I had flown in and out of these before, but Jet Blue Airways flew out of Ludrow, which I had never heard of until I booked my flight. I had quite a tough time finding the airport, since it was not a common destination.
Once I arrived at the airport, finding Jet Blue Airways was another challenge. Again, it was a brand new airline, so it was tucked off in a forgotten corner of this tiny airport.
I was pleased with the cheapness of the flight, but once I boarded the plane, I understood why. There were certainly no amenities, such as water or any type of snack. Leg room was limited, and the seats were rather uncomfortable. The flight itself was fine though the airplane felt like it might get blown apart if we flew too high or encountered any turbulence.
All in all, the experience was fine, but I'm glad I didn't pay a great deal for the flight.

Jet Blue

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

Jet Blue Airways is one of my favorite airliners to use for short trips. Jet Blue is always just a little less costly to fly than other airliners. Jet Blue flies out of my local airport and allows me to fly to Disney World in Orlando with a direct flight. They offer a charm and comfort I am not used to having on a flight. I have used Jet Blue for quick business trips and a funeral in Dallas. They are on time every time. I would recommend this airliner for short trips or direct flights, because the service is good and flights seem to always be on time.

Service
The check in staff, boarding staff, and airline hostesses are always positive, kind, and helpful. They worked hard to make sure I made a flight I was running late for. The check in staff had the plane held on a last minute funeral trip to Dallas.

In-Flight Accommodations
The times I have flown it was an average airliner. No frills, no thrills, just getting me to where I needed to be without delay.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Great airline if you are looking for a buget flight.

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have always had great experiences with jetblue. When I fly I'm looking to get just where I am going as quickly and cheaply as possible. I don't need a bunch of frills and luxuries. JetBlue does exactly what I need. If you are looking for budget flying then this is one of the airlines you should look at.

Service
Their employees are always friendly and ready to assist in way I need. I've never had an issue with the customer service. If my flight gets delayed or cancelled they are always ready to get me on another flight as quickly as possible. Their prices are affordable and very competitive.

In-Flight Accommodations
They don't have the most plush and extravagant planes, but they are a budget airline. I will say they are always clean, and fresh smelly. The planes themselves look like they are taken care of. The in flight service has always been welcoming and friendly. I don't usually get anything to eat or drink, so I can't comment on that.

jetBlue Airways - Certainly worth considering

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

We were planning a family trip and I was searching the net for carriers that flew out of Phoenix. Found jetBlue and I assumed they were just a small commuter service. I was really surprised to see the number of airports that they are located. We didn't have any idea of what to expect from this airline but it turned out to be a great flight good service and overall a pleasant experience. Thumbs up for this airline.

Service
We were greeted at the check in desk with a welcome smile, efficient check in and we were on the way. Plane was on time. (always a good thing). The boarding process went smooth and we were greeted by attendants that actually acted like they were happy to see us.

In-Flight Accommodations
We were in economy class and I suspect that the seats were larger in the what they called Mint Class section. No big surprise, however if it is a long flight, it became somewhat tight. Our flight was not filled and we were able to move to a row that didn't have anyone else in it so we were okay. Food, I never judge a airline by the food. It is always the same, a dried up sandwich that looks like it has seen better days. Some type of salty or sugar snack and soft drinks. No exception to the rule here. I find it is better to take a sandwich from home if it is a really long flight or just skip it until you reach your destination. The attendants were gracious, friendly, and the flight time passed quickly. Luggage arrived safe and sound. I will certainly consider this airline when traveling.

JetBlue the best

from New City, NY

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

From the time I make my reservations to boarding the plane they are a class act.

Service
They are friendly and attentive to your needs.

In-Flight Accommodations
The seats are large enough that you don't feel cramped. They offer a pillow and blanket wrapped. They don't serve meals on their short flights but a quality snack and beverage.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

One of the better options out there

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

JetBlue is a great airline if you're traveling to and from the northeast, especially to and from New York state. It's also great if you're able to buy tickets early so that you can choose you seat. It was my default airline for five years, when I lived in California and went to school in New York state. This was back when JetBlue was a newer company and we were allowed to have two free checked bags. I loved the personalized screen time at a time when other airlines had a big screen in the center for everyone, and the quirky, fun atmosphere of the airline. And of course, prices were awesome!

JetBlue is now my second default airline after Southwest, mostly due to only one free bag and change fees. However, JetBlue still has pretty good pricing with one free checked bag (which is nothing to sneeze at in today's market!), awesome customer service, and a more fun atmosphere and personality than the average airline. This is a great airline for those who can buy tickets early to choose good seats, have a set flying schedule without possibility of last-minute changes, and can survive fine on one checked bag.

In-Flight Accommodations
I still like having my own personal entertainment screen in front of me, more than getting tv options on my mobile device. I also really like their unique snacks, and their policy for taking as many snacks as I'd like, no limits. Yum!