View more body lotions

Jergens
Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer

Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer

4.1

Jergens Shea Butter lotion is worth every penny!

I have no idea why I never bought this lotion before. Jergens is a brand I like, and I try most of thier lotions. I bought this lotion about a week ago, and have been using it daily. Now, I don't think I will ever go without it. It works so good it's worth every penny.

The scent smells kind of tropical/suntan lotion like to me. It doesn't smell too strong, and you don't walk around smelling like the beach all day, but when you apply the lotion you can smell it. This lotion is such a rich, thick consistency, that when you apply it, you can feel it working immediately. It's really thick, so it takes some time to fully soak in, but it feels wonderful. If you apply this lotion right after you get out of the shower, and give it a few minutes to soak in before you get dressed, your skin will be smooth all day!

This lotion is thick and moisturizing, but it's not greasy! I say it takes awhile to soak in, but that's not because it leaves greasy residue. Such strong lotions take some time to absorb. Thus isn't the cheapest lotion, but it's also not very expensive. Compared to other good lotions, this is not bad price-wise. I recommend anyone with dry skin problems to try Jergens Shea Butter lotion. It works great!

Bad scent and bad ingredients.

The only reason why I used the **Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer **is because I got a free trial-size of it in the mail.  Even though I only use all natural body lotions, I figured I could at least try the free sample.

I squeezed out some of the lotion and rubbed it all over my hands and arms.  Bad mistake.  [Note to self: next time I try a new product, only apply it to a small portion of one hand].  **The Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer** has a super sweet smell that not only gave me a headache, but also started to make me nauseous.

Not only was the smell bad, but my hands felt like they were slippery and greasy for a while.  They did feel more moisturized than they did before I used the product, but I don't like the way my hands felt afterwards.

Next to the nauseating scent, a big problem I have with this lotion are the ingredients.  However, I do have something nice to say about the ingredients: Shea Butter is the second ingredient listed on the ingredient list.  When it comes to the ingredient list, the first item is what the product is made out of most and then the second and so on.  By the way, the first ingredient is water.

The reason why the ingredients are what I consider to be below average is because, for one, they are not all natural.  Any product that contains petroleum or a petroleum by-product is automatically not natural.  Since petroleum does not get absorbed into your skin, the barrier left on you might be greasy feeling.  The **Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer **is also loaded with parabens.  Parabens are a sticky subject in the world of body care right now.  Some studies have proven that parabens (which are preservatives) to store in the body and become carcinogenic.

**The Scoop!**

If you are not familiar with natural body care products, you might want to try them out and experience products that are not only better for *you, *but for the environment too.  If you don't care about natural body care products, you will probably enjoy this lotion as long as the scent doesn't bother you.

Jergans shea butter rich and creamy

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

I loved it. My hands are so dry and this made them feel so smooth and soft. I put it on my face and felt the wrinkles went away.The smell is wonderful and the consistency is just right, not too thick, not to loose. I definitely would buy this again.

• Absorption:

Jergens Moisturizer

from Hollis, NY

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

I purchased Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer a few months ago after the recommendation of a family member. I have used other Jergens lotions before and have loved them. I am on the fence about this one though. The scent is a little off putting. While other Jergens lotions have a fresh and floral scent, this one has a warm and slightly stale caramel gone wrong scent (if that makes any sense). Other than that, it has all the other properties of Jergens lotion that I enjoy. It is very mostiourizing and leaves my skin feeling very soft and firm. I wouldn't recommend this to use during the summer months because it can be a little too thick but during the winter this lotion is a miracle worker. I use this for my whole body and it leaves me feelings mostiourized all day. I would recommend this to someone who has very dry skin and does not mind the smell of this lotion which can be a bit overbearing!

• Absorption:

I'm not impressed Jergens

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

Lotion is a must have for me. I suffer from dry skin especially in the winter months, Without lotion, I would be a lost cause. I recently bought Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer thinking it would help cure my dry skin problems. I had some friends tell it worked well for them so I thought I would give it a go.

The Jergens lotion seemed greasy and less lotiony than many others I have tried. It DID NOT help my dry skin just merely let a greasy feeling on my skin. Also, I was not impressed by the smell of the lotion, it seemed too fragant and after a while I think might have given me a bit of headache.

I would not recommend this lotion to others and I'm still not sure why it was recommended to me.

Finally.... No More Miserable, Itchy Winters!

from Prescott, AZ

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

I have extremely dry skin, especially on my legs and feet. While it's a pain to have itchy skin during nice weather, it's plain torture for me during the winter. We live in a very dry climate and that exacerbates the pain and itching. I have a cabinet full of the different bottles of lotion I've bought seemingly every time I go to the store. Nothing gave me more than a few hours of relief until I tried Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer. Not only was the relief from the desire to scratch my legs bloody almost instantaneous, but it lasted for hours. I also discovered that using this lotion regularly has come a long ways towards getting rid of any itching at all and my skin is in better shape than it has been in years. Using this lotion regularly has resulted in me needing to use less lotion and use it less often. I've read that people complain about the scent of this lotion, but I find it quite pleasant. Guess it's time to throw out all the other lotions...I've finally found one that works for me!

Jergens Shea Butter lotion is worth every penny!

from Steubenville, OH

best for dry skin

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

i have dry skin and especially in the summer where i live, it's very dry in the desert area so my skin gets extremely itchy and ashy. i saw this lotion at the local mass retailer store, and i tried it out, and it is definately one of hte best reliefs for dry, itchy skin! the shea butter componenet of the lotion is extremely beneficial for those with dry skin. the price for the lotion is not that expensive if you compare it to high-end brands. i would recommend this jergens shea butter lotion over store brand dry-skin moisturizer, because jergens's lotion are not as liquidy and it's better if you have a creme like lotion for dry skin. i found the lotion on sale when i brought it, but at times i see coupons for jergens products in the sunday papers or online or on sample packets, so jergens lotion does not have to be as expensive when you buy it. i would recommend jergens shea butter lotion to everyone who have dry skin!

Jergens Shea Butter not as good as Ultra Healing

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

Jergen's Moisturizers are the best that I have ever found. I am a stay-at-home mom to three little boys aged 3, 3, and 1 so needless to say I am washing my hands throughout the day. I have tried over and over again to find products that work well for my extra dry skin. Jergen's Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer is the only one that I have ever found that actually helps heal my skin without feeling greasy or that I need to apply it hundreds of times throughout the day. I tried the Jergen's Shea Butter Moisturizer and didn't have the same results. I was trying to find something to help heal my little boys' ezcema and had heard that shea butter helped. For my kids, it did not. I found that it was a little greasier and did not perform as well.

I can put the Jergen's Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer on before I go to bed and have it last all night. I try to purchase this lotion combining sales and coupons and find it pretty inexpensively.

shea butter works miracles

from Augusta, NJ

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

My husband has had the most dry, cracked feet, and we have tried so many lotions and foot products designed especially for healing cracked feet, and while they work for a little bit, the results do not last. My husband has been using Jergen's Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer for the past month or so, and we cannot believe that this is the product that has finally healed his skin! And to think it is cheaper than most of the other alternatives that we have tried in the past. We have started using this as our primary lotion, because if it can heal his extremely dry feet, we know it will work on the rest of our body. I would highly recommend this product to heal severely dry skin. I must say that we did not try other Jergen's products, so it might be that Jergens in general might just be a great all-around moisturizing product, but I am not going to stray from the Shea Butter type when I know it is tried and true. Thank goodness we found it!

The Best Lotion

from Montgomery City, MO

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

Jergens shea butter lotion is the best lotion to use, especially if your trying to have flawless skin. I have been using this lotion for 2 years now and when i run out of it i have to get some immeadiately. I apply morning,afternoon, and night LOL! A little goes a long way, unless you have really dry skin. This lotion makes my skin glow, stay soft, smooth, and helps fade marks. Its better than all the other shea butters I promise!!!

Jergens Shea Butter even tackles my "winter" skin!

from Daly City, CA

Comments about Jergens Shea Butter Skin Enriching Moisturizer:

My first experience with Jergens Shea Butter formula was when I tried it after trying a shea butter lotion from Bath and Body Works.  The Jergens lotion worked just as well as the Bath and Body Works lotion, but was a fraction of the cost, and I can often find coupons to make the deal even better.  It has a thicker consistency than most lotions.  It feels like it really soaks in, rather than just evaporating before it has a chance to help.  My skin tends to really dry out in the winter, and I get really itchy.  I use the lotion daily to help lock in moisture, and help relieve the itching.  The smell is so awesome, too!!  It has a fairly subtle scent, but I love it.  I don't have to worry about it interfering with my perfume.  My two daughters also suffer from dry skin in the winter.  The lotion is gentle enough for me to use on them, too.  I would definitely recommend this lotion to anyone.