Other Body Lotions:

Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Jergens Naturals Hydrate Body Lotion - A worthwhile moisturizer!

After trying this body lotion/moisturizer, I found my skin softer, moisturized, and smoother with just after one use.  It is the naturals line which means that it is made of 92% natural ingredients, which I love.  I like the fact that I can get these results without adding too many synthetics, and chemicals to my skin.  I have sensitive skin, and found that this does not irritate whatsoever.  My skin also tends to get dry, and this quenches effectively!  Another added benefit is that it is not tested on animals.  This body lotion also has Vitamin E, which is healthy for skin.  It is easy to buy at the nearest drug store, which is another trait that I like about this lotion.  I know that it is convenient for me to buy without worrying about travelling too far to the store.  It also does not cost as much as department store brands.  It does not leave the skin too filmy after application like that I've found other brands out there do.  It absorbed pretty quickly, too.  When looking for a great body moisturizer without too many synthetic chemicals, buy this brand, you will love it, too!!!  *5 Stars*!!!

Not for me, but at least it's mostly natural.

**Jergens Naturals Hydrate Daily Moisturizer **is a hand and body lotion that is made from 92% natural ingredients.  Hooray for Jergens for jumping on the natural bandwagon, but this product...Read complete review

**Jergens Naturals Hydrate Daily Moisturizer **is a hand and body lotion that is made from 92% natural ingredients.  Hooray for Jergens for jumping on the natural bandwagon, but this product isn't for me.

Although this product is made from mostly natural ingredients, isn't tested on animals and is paraben-free (my 3 biggies), I'm still not crazy about it.  I do like that it contains jojoba oil, a wonderful moisturizer, but this lotion leaves my hands feeling a little waxy.  It does eventually rub in and feel a little better, but my hands feel slightly "coated".  Call me picky, but an unscented lotion is just no fun!  ALL of my lotions have a yummy scent to them which is part of the experience.  **Jergens Naturals Hydrate Daily **Moisturizer smells almost completely unscented and totally not my cup of tea.

If you do like yummy scented, all natural body lotions, give these a try:

- [J.R. Watkins Lemon Cream Body Cream][1]

- [Pacifica Brazilian Mango Grapefruit Body Butter][2]

- [Skindecent Soft As Silk Lotion - Lemon Marshmallow Cake][3]

**The Scoop!**

I'm proud of Jergens for stepping up to the natural plate, but this one just isn't for me.  If you do prefer unscented products, I would give it a shot!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/J-R-Watkins-Lemon-Cream-Body-Cream-review-7a586
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Pacifica-Brazilian-Mango-Grapefruit-Body-Butter--254609-review-e0cd6
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Skindecent-Soft-As-Silk-Hand-amp-Body-Lotion-Lemon-Marshmallow-Cake-review-45654

Jergens Ultra Hydrating: An Excellent Daily Moisturizer

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

I go through a lot of different lotions, balms and creams. I have only found a couple that work for my specific needs. I need something that absorbs quickly, doesn't have a fragrance or scent added to it and won't give me problems with my silicone sleeve. I'm a below the knee amputee and wear my prosthetic for ten to twelve hours a day. The skin above the sleeve tends to dry out more than the rest of my leg so I need something that's fast acting but won't make it impossible to get my sleeve off and on.

Someone recommended Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer to me because it was "scent free"; that's not completely true because the ingredients list "fragrance" without being specific as to what exactly is added. I am scent-sensitive so anything with an additive tends to make me sneeze, cough or gag. I used this on my hands, legs and residual limb and it worked but I couldn't handle the scent of it after a couple hours. It was even worse when I put it on at night and every time I turned or moved under the covers I smelled it.

In defense of the product I have to say that others have used this and said that they smelled almost nothing on their hands; as mentioned I am scent-sensitive so that could be part of the problem. I still have the bottle in the bathroom that others use when they wash their hands and want to use a lotion afterwards.

If Jergens made this in a completely unscented formulation I would buy it and try it but the current formulation is too much for me to handle in regards to the scent and smell of it. I didn't have any redness or irritation from it when I used it so that's a plus. It has a pump top instead of a flip cap so it isn't something that's going to be easy to take with you but they do have small travel / trial size bottles that you can use for that.

I was told this was scent-free, it isn't.

Skin was instantly relieved

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

Jergens naturals ultra hydrating daily moisturizer nourished my skin into feeling a lot less dry. It's an easy to use pump lotion and it gave my skin relief. It lasted all day and is very soft scented. It made my itch go away and made my skin feel really replenished. The lotion was very silkening to my body and didn't have a greasy feel. The texture of it was very thick and it wasn't too heavy for my skin. It gave my skin this natural glow of radiance. Its really gentle to my dry patches that I have on my legs it soothes them and moisturizes it leaving it to feel a lot smoother. I like how I only have to apply this lotion once a day and I stay hydrated all over my skin. I would most likely buy this lotion again if I started to get more dry spots. Anybody should use this lotion its great for sensitive and dry skin. It doesn't leave me feeling oily and its really light. This moisturizer is good for a female or male because its not really highly scented.

• Absorption:

Great for dry skin relief!

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

This is an excellent lotion for really dry skin. I battle dry skin on my hands, feet, and legs all winter! I hate the way my skin looks, especially on my legs, during those cold months. The lack of moisture in the air really does a number on my skin. This lotion does a great job in fighting that off for me. I think this a great brand and I have never been disappointed my them. This lotion did not disappoint me either. It is reasonably priced and works great. I would advise using it on your feet daily. It really helped my dry, cracked skin there. I also advise using it on your hands. It will help keep them soft and helps your nails from getting too brittle. Another great thing about this is that it lasts throughout the day. I would highly recommend this lotion to anyone who suffers from dry skin!

It is not known for its scent. It is not a bad scent but it does not stand out. I matched it with a perfume that complimented it.

Absorption
It absorbs really quickly. It left my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy!

This is a highly effective lotion on dry skin!

• Absorption:

I even use this on my face

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

A few years back, I bought three bottles of Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer on a really good sale. My hands tend to get red and chapped in the dry desert air, especially in winter, and this lotion works really well to combat that. In the process of using it every once in awhile on my hands, I liked it more and more, and when I eventually ran out of my fancy-expensive face moisturizing lotion, I decided to give this stuff a try in a pinch. My face also tends towards dryness and some flakes, and this lotion is sheer enough that it gives great moisture without clogging my pores or making my face feel greasy or shiny for the rest of the day. I actually received some of my old fancy face lotion as a gift around Christmas time (the yellow Clinque stuff), and I've used it a few times, but I'm really just hooked on this stuff now. I like that I can rub any excess on the backs of my hands and it keeps the skin on my knuckles from cracking throughout the day.

• Absorption:

Good cheap lotion, if you want to settle.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

This lotion isn't horrible, but I didn't find that it was for me. It's got a TON of ingredients in it that I can't pronounce and that I honestly don't want on my skin. It's very watery consistency of lotion and I find it doesn't absorb that well into my skin. I have dry skin and it just doesn't do the job for me. I would have to reapply every 30 minutes to keep my skin moisurized.

The scent is ok. Kind of a weird oldish lady scent, but some people are into that. It's not bothersome if you smell it during the day, which is nice.

Absorption
Meh. I had to keep reapplying all day because it just wouldn't absorb good enough. Leaves my hands feeling slippery so I have to wait a while to do anything.

This product, although cheap, wasn't for me. I just can't outweigh all the ingredients in it that are horrible for your skin, and I think it hindered more than helped my dry skin problems. It's a nice product to keep near a desk if you're needing something all the time and it's all you have. It's an ok scent, just not for me.

Love the smell the most

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

This Jergens product has the wonderful fragrance that most of the Jergens products I have used in the past also have. That is the reason I buy Jergens. They have the most unique and pleasant fragrance. This product also has a nice finish and leaves the skin feeling well nourished and hydrated. It goes on smooth and the skin drinks it in quite quickly. I use a fair amount to have the proper effect, so I go through it a little quicker than I would like. I don't use it every day, but even with the less than regular usage, I still think this moisturizer does a good job. It doesn't have an oily after-sheen, but I do try to make sure the skin absorbs all the way, before putting clothes on too soon. Overall I think this is a good product and provides a reasonable value for the money. I would recommend it. It's not a product I buy on a regular basis, but will continue to use it when available at sale pricing.

fantastic lotion

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

There has never been a Jergens lotion that I've tried that I haven't liked, and this is no exception to that. I love this lotion so much. I have dry and sensitive skin and this lotions works to help both those problems without making the other problem worse. I love that this doesn't really have a scent, it just smells like clean lotion. This helps with not irritating the sensitive skin, and it allows me to wear whatever perfume I want without fear of it not mixing well with the lotions scent.
This lotion is so hydrating. I've had such dry skin for so long that when I use this it seriously makes me feel like I'm wearing someone else's skin, which is weird but not a bad thing when you compare it to my skin before using this lotion. It provides so much moisture that you can feel it soothing your skin the moment you apply it.
It's also the perfect consistency for ideal absorption. It's not so thin that it absorbs too quickly leaving your skin feeling like it needs more, but it's no so thick that it takes a long time to absorb. It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy like some moisturizing lotions can do.
This is a great lotion, and the price is so affordable as well. I'd be willing to pay a lot more for a lotion like this.

Jergens Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

I bought this Naturals Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizing lotion from Jergen's because I love their products. I have really dry skin in the winter time and thought this would be a good way to add and keep moisture in my skin. The pump dispenser action for the lotion works alright. You are able to control the amount of lotion that comes out. The bottle is a little awkward to hold onto due to its design. I was very disappointed with the lotion. It had an almost medicine sort of scent. I did not find it pleasant. The texture of the lotion was thin, to the point of being almost watery. It did not absorb well into my skin at all. Even after thorough massaging of this lotion into my skin, my skin felt wet, almost like I had just gotten out of the shower. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. The little bit of moisturizing that the lotion did do, did not last very long. I am glad I tried it but I won't be buying any more of it.

Nice and rich lotion!

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

This is a nice and thick lotion but it is perfect for dry skin on your entire body not just your hands. The lotion coats well but it is also absorbed nicely through the skin.

The lotion has a pleasant scent but isn't over powering. You can wear a perfume or even have a scented body wash on but the lotion wont over ride it. The lotion is also available in a scent free, dye free product.

Absorption
IT is absorbed nicely through the skin and doesn'tt leave a sticky feeling. It is readily absorbed in even very dry spots on the body, like the feet and legs with no problem.

This helped my very very dry feet in the coldness of winter when humidity and dry weather dries the skin out. I have the worst dry feet and heels, and this helped keep them moist and from cracking all winter with out an oily greasy feeling on the feet . That way you don't have to worry about greasy socks! Some other lotions I have tried on my feet did not absorb as well as this and it left a greasy feeling on my socks and feet, but this won't.

• Absorption:

A Big Bottle is not enough!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Jergens Naturals® Ultra Hydrating Daily Moisturizer:

Its already February and my skin has simply had enough with winter! I saw that this product was on sale at my local drugstore and I picked it up. I am so glad that I paid a little more than usual for this lotion. It is creamy and rich and left my skin feeling so much smoother and silkier. My hands which are the worst area for me, are finally starting to look better after a winter full of dryness. I have also used this on my legs which get so irritated after shaving.

A nice light scent. Somewhat reminds me of the cherry almond scent that Jergens is known for, but a bit more of an aloe scent. Again, a nice gentle scent that left my sensitive skin feeling nice.

Absorption
I need cream to get into my skin quickly because I try to moisturize after every hand washing. This certainly does the trick. No oily residue left behind and left no marks on my clothes

I am a huge fan of this lotion. Great way to get me through the driest times of winter. Thick enough to help the driest skins but it doesn't clog pores or left my skin feeling greasy.