3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Just a Little Glow out of Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer

Hubby – “Honey, you’re legs are pale… Your face isn’t that pale though.”

Me –...Read complete review

Hubby – “Honey, you’re legs are pale… Your face isn’t that pale though.”

Me – “Do you know why that is?”

Hubby – “That lotion you got in the mail?”

This was a conversation we had this past summer before I was able to get some sun on my legs. I did however have a chance to be using the Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Facial Moisturizer. Originally I had relieved a free sample this lotion, but I liked it so much I bought a tube of it once my sample was gone since it seemed to work pretty well.

Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion claims to gradually create a subtle color change in your skin – creating a youthful glow. Now, I don’t know about the youthful glow part but I did see ever so subtle darkening of my face – just enough to make me look darker than the white walls. Natural Glow Healthy Complexion comes in two different formulas (fair and medium/tan) depending on your current skin color. In order to protect that youthful glow, Jergens does include SPF 15 to protect from the sun.

As for the self-tanning aspect, you’re not going to get a huge difference, but for me it’s enough to not look sickly pale during the winter months. This is especially important right now while I’m so horribly tired from this pregnancy. It takes about a week either way to see results both darkening and fading. In addition, I have never noticed any adverse reactions on clothing or hair. One important thing to mention is that the instructions state to make sure you wash your hands after applying. I learned this the hard way after the first week of using it. One day I looked at my fingers which had become tan on the inside.

Ease of Application
My face at this point in my life has mixed emotions as to what it wants to be. Treat it wrong and I still break out like a teenager, yet those subtle wrinkles are really starting to show up. I need to use a moisturizer daily as I have found that my face will over produce oils if I do not supply, which makes me break out. This Jergens lotion goes on quite smoothly and I have had no problems with breakouts. In fact I find my face to be pretty soft using this in conjunction with my face wash. For quite some time now I have been using anti-aging wash and lotions in order to fight them. This Jergens lotion doesn’t really have any anti-aging aspects, with the exception of the SPF. I could definitely tell the difference when I was not using an anti-aging wash with this lotion.

No odor. No streaking. No orange. NO TAN!

**Quick View**

**Quick View**

**Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer Medium** claims to subtly give your face a tanned, glowing appearance. Subtle is right! I used it for two weeks, every day, and saw no change in my skin color. It doesn't stink or streak but it also doesn't tan!

**Full View**

I liked *Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer* for the body last year. I got a little color and no streaking. I bought **Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer Medium** hoping for the same subtle, natural results.

The white cream doesn't have any odor at all which is a huge plus. Self tanners stink! It is advised that you use the cream every day as your moisturizer. In a week, you should have a nice glow like you have a slight tan.

Well, I wasn't going to abandon my usual creams for this stuff but I did use it every day in the morning for two weeks. It went on smoothly and did a decent job of moisturizing my skin although I would never choose to use this as just a moisturizer. I applied fairly heavily and without a lot of care because I knew it would be subtle. After a week, I saw no change AT ALL. So I continued to use the product with a fairly heavy hand every day for another week. The results? NOTHING!

I am not even really medium skinned. I am more on the ghastly pale side but I bought the Medium shade because I wanted more than just a tiny touch of color and didn't want to wait a month for it. I was so surprised that I got no color change at all after two weeks. I expected at least a shade or two difference. My usual foundation matches my skin perfectly meaning my skin color is the same as always.

**My Viewpoint**

I like the idea of subtle tanners. I hate orange shades and hate streaking. I mostly hate the odor of most self tanners. Well, I got not orange, no streaking, and no odor. But I also got no tan at all. The product is an average moisturizer but I don't need moisturizer, I need some darn color!

**Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer Medium** failed to do as promised. I don't know if others are having good results but I am very disappointed with it. I certainly won't buy it again and probably won't use it anymore. I feel like I am wasting my time and ruining my good skin care regiment for nothing. I think I will stick with a regular self tanner for faces and apply sparingly and carefully. I don't have all summer to wait to look like I spent 15 minutes in the sun. ***I give this 2 stars.*** It may work for you but it surely didn't for me.

Great price for a safely-tanned face

from Davis, CA

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer:

I love the look of a tan, but am weary--as we should be--about tanning. Additionally, I am older with aging skin. More sun means more wrinkles--not pretty. So, I've been using Jergens Natural glow tanning lotion for years, but was not sure about using it on my sensitive facial skin. This product works well without irritating my face.

It doesn't take long to get a nice looking tan. I notice the difference after one use. Nevertheless, it takes a few applications to get a darker tan.

For me, using this replaces using makeup.

In the winter, when my skin is dryer, I also use lotion as well. In the summer, this product works well as lotion with SPF sun protection.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to apply since it's like lotion. I wash my face and then apply it just as I would lotion. In the winter, I apply lotion first. If my skin is dry and flaky, I use a washcloth with warm water to exfoliate a bit first.

The scent is light and refreshing.

• Ease of Application:

Gives me just the right amount of color

I started using this product during the winter months because I wanted to add a little color to only my face. Due to it being so cold, I didn't really have to tan the rest of me. I have a very pale complexion and I don't tan very good, so I have tried a number of sunless tanning products. I liked this one because it claimed to tan you gradually, so I hoped it wouldn't leave me orange and streaky. Sure enough, I have never turned orange from this product. After one use I noticed a difference and every day I got a little darker, but it looked natural. I would have to say that I personally don't think it moisturizes very good at all. Unfortunately, I had that annoying sticky feeling for a couple hours too. The smell used to be awful, but they recently improved it and now it has more of a perfume smell that isn't too bad. During the summer I would buy the Jergens natural glow for your body and I started using that on my face too. The stuff for your body seems to be the exact same thing, but you get more for your money. This will not tan you overnight and it doesn't moisturize all that well, but I really like the long term effects of it because at least it looks natural.

Jergens natural glow moisturizer

I bought this in the spring to get a head start on my summer tan and to also moisturize my skin. I used it for a few days and while yes it did give my face a nice little tan it also made my face really greasy feeling and I broke out more than usual. Also while my face had a nice tan going I didn't realize I should have rubbed the lotion down into my throat, so I had a line! While this lotion did a great job at providing the glow as it claimed, it failed to moisturize like I felt it should and it left me with greasy broken out skin.

It definitely gave my face a light tan but it gave me pimples and left a greasy residue on my skin. I bought this hoping to have a nice little tan and a good moisturizer but it did not do both for me.

Ease of Application
I put a small dots of this lotion on several spots on my face and then gently rubbed in. It applies very easily and comes out of the bottle easily as well.

Had a nice tropical scent to it.

• Ease of Application:

Great to get your glow back.

from Elko, Nevada

I have lived in a desert area my whole life, which means my face has gotten tanned and beaten up by the sun over and over again. With all the years, I have noticed that I have lost almost all of the glow that my face once had, it has become dull and not given me that beautiful complexion that I once had, it no longer looked sun kissed, it now had no more luster to it. I was using this as a moisturizer for about a month before I really noticed a lot of results, it is not a quick fix but it does work gradually over time to restore your natural shine in your face. It keeps my skin from getting really dried out, it adds just enough moisture to give my skin the feeling of being refreshed every morning. The smell is nice and light, it is not overly fragrant and does not irritate my sinuses like some do. I love how easy this is to use and that it helps to make my skin have that great shine that has been missing for a long time, it is an easy step to add in the morning and has paid off tremendously.

Pretty good product

from Ellerslie GA

I have to say that I have used this Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial moisturizer and found that it is a pretty good product. I personally use this product in the winter and fall season as that is when I cant lay in the sun so this product helps give me a little color without the sun. That is the thing I love the most about this product is it has self tanner in it. Just enough for a little glow. I also have to say that this product is a great moisturizer and it did a great job moisturizing my skin without breaking me out or irritating my skin. This product also smells pretty good especially compared to some others on the market. It has a very light scent. This product is a little pricey but it is well worth it to me as it lasted me for a long time. This Product lets me have a semi tan year round which I love. I think everyone should try this self tanning/facial moisturizer..

I would never use again

from Nesconset,ny

Jergens natural glow healthy complextion daily facial moisturizer is the complete opposite of what I wanted in a daily moisturizer. I don't even know where to start. I was in the drugstore looking around for a new facial moisturizer when I came across Jergens. I seen that it was a daily moisturizer with a somewhat tanning product in it. It looked pretty good so I decided to give it a try, but I really wish I didnt. Everything seemed okay for the first few days of me using it. It was not the best moisturizer I had ever used because it didn't leave my skin feeling great after and sort of had an oily feel afterwards, but it wasn't terrible. However after about a week, the natural tan they claim you receive is horrific. I woke up one morning getting ready to take my kids to school and when I went to put on the moisturizer, I noticed my face was not only orange, but it had streaks of orange and light brown on my neck. I was horrified and did not know what to do. I literally spent about twenty minutes trying to scrub it off with little success. I immediately stopped using it and it took about another week for it to come off my skin. I know for a fact I evenly applied it to my face and neck and didn't exceed the amount of cream I put on. I was so horrified over it and thank goodness I had a good coverup so I didn't look like a pumpkin. I would never again trust this brand and definitely would not recommend it. Self tanners especially for your daily moisturizer is not a good idea.

This one is awesome

from Penacook, NH

This one works really great and gives your skin a small amount of color over time, which helps you look a little bit healthier. I like this one a lot.

It is a good moisturizer and helps even out the skin tones and appearances.

Very easy to use.

I kind of do not like the scent too much, but it does more good then the trouble with the scent. So I still choose this one over others.

Adds color!

Jergens natural glow healthy complexion daily facial moisturizer adds a nice hint of color out the gross "spray tan look."

As far as moisture goes, I did see a difference in my skin, however I also noticed an increase in breakouts. It seemed my pores got a bit clogged, like the product was too heavy.

If you have dry skin that is not prone to breakouts, then this would definitely be a beneficial product. However, if you break out easily, I would go with another option.

I noticed a difference in the smoothness and softness of my skin within a couple of days of using this product.

I also love the hint of color that it adds to my complexion. I am very pale and I do not like to tan, so this is an excellent option to make me look less like a vampire.

Ease of Application
It took me a couple of tries to properly apply the moisturizer, as it does have that touch of color. Make sure you massage the product thoroughly into your skin, and blend into your neck as well.

No complaints about the scent, I love it!

Wouldn't Recommend if You Wear Makeup

from Virginia

I am always looking for a healthier way to have that golden bronze look without the use of tanning beds and the sun. I have tried many self tanners but most seem to have the same problems in common. I had heard great things about Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer and decided to try it out. This product comes in 3 levels fair, medium, and dark. I first used the fair and had very little results so I moved up a shade to medium. Let me start off by saying that this moisturizer replaces your everyday moisturizer, which I was hesitant to do. I followed the directions by washing my face then applying an even coat on my skin. This lotion is white so it's hard to tell where I applied it. I let it set in so it dried, but I found that even hours later my face felt sticky and slick, almost like the lotion was sitting on top of my skin, it doesn't absorb at all. The box states that this product is light weight, but I think it's far from it. It's heavy and sticky and has that self tanner smell that lasts all day. When I put a white shirt on it rubbed onto my shirt and stained it. I wear makeup and it's impossible to wear makeup over this sticky lotion, so I took the challenge, and didn't wear makeup to see if this product works. After a week I gradually saw color, but like with most self tanners and bronzers, they rub off. This is not a product I would recommend to people who wear makeup, have oily skin, or shave their face because the glow will rub away leaving your skin blotchy.

Definite Orange Tint

from Hartford, CT

Despite my ongoing bad experiences with self tanners I continue experimenting with them in hopes that I'll finally find the one that really works this time. In that spirit I tried the Jergens Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer.

I should really have known better since I'd tried their body moisturizer previously and ended up looking like an Oompa Loompa but I must have blocked that from my memory and I bought this anyway. All I can say is that thank goodness I was on vacation when I used it! It was so bad that I was embarrassed to go out in public for days!

This was okay the first day but I noticed on the second day that I was getting a little orange tint to my skin. I thought it may have been the lighting but when I met a friend for lunch and she asked what I was doing (and not in a good way) I realized that this was slowly transforming me into an unfortunate orange-tan shade.

I immediately stopped using it and for the remainder of my vacation I used a facial scrub twice a day to get it off. That worked somewhat but the results were rather patchy. I was forced to wear a rather thick layer of foundation when I left the house until it finally came off about four or five days after I stopped using it.

So, if you are looking for an orangey shade then this is for you. Otherwise stay clear of this.