3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

Best natural looking sunless tanner.

In the summer time I'm a sunless tanner junkie. I'm usually quite pale for most of the year, and I don't like damaging my skin. So instead of tanning outside or in a tanning bed I like to use sunless tanning lotions.

The Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer is my favorite sunless tanner. Since it's gradual it always looks very natural and I've never gotten an orange color from this lotion. I get the one for fair to medium ski tones, and It leaves my skin with a gorgeous glow and light caramel color. I can definitely tell a difference in the skin color after the first time I use it. I like to use this everyday in the summer, otherwise the color doesn't hold well. The more I use it, the tanner I get. Most sunless tanners aren't moisturizing but I can't tell you how much moisturized my skin feels and how much firmer it looks as well. I feel like because it is a moisturizer it helps the color hold for longer, and as the color fades out it looks more natural as well.

I wouldn't use this on my face though, it would definitely clog your pores and make you breakout. if you want to have a sunless tanner for your face I'm pretty sure they have a separate one.

The only thing I don't like about this moisturizer is the scent. It has a very bad sunless tanner body odor smell to it. That's why I use it at night time before I go to bed.

Otherwise I would definitely recommend this because it always gives a flawless glowing brown color. They also have one for medium to dark skin as well, so if you have already tan skin this will give you a nice boost.

I'm pretty pale most of the time, but this doesn't give me that gross oompa loompa orange. It gives me a nice sun kissed glow, like I had just been out in the sun for an hour. If you use it every day, it'll give you a darker tan.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to use. It's a thinner more easy to spread lotion, but you just have to make sure you don't miss any spots otherwise the color will look uneven and splotchy. You also have to make sure to wash the palms of your hands after you apply this because they will turn orange.

The only thing I hate about this product is the scent. It has the same gross smell that other sunless tanning lotions and products have. It's strong and it lingers through the day, so I make sure to not use this product when I'm going out somewhere.

Longevity
It usually lasts for about a week, but when it fades out it doesn't look splotchy or uneven like other sunless tanners. It could last longer but I usually take more then one shower a day so it wears off quicker for me.

Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer wasn't impressive

So, my aunt suggested this product to me, telling me about how much she loved it, and about how it made her 'fake tan' not look 'fake'.
Read complete review

I have light skin, and her skin is a bit more fair than mine. So I bought the darkest color you can get it in. The good thing is ****Jergens has a lot of coupons published for this, so you can get it with coupons when it's on store sales so its cheaper**** I went home, excited about it. I used it for a couple days once daily, with no change in my skin color. However, my skin did seem rather oily. Which I have dry skin so that is weird. So than I tried using it twice daily, and the color didn't appear then either.* No color at all really. It does *fade some scars though* which is a plus. So I went back to once daily for a week or two, and still nothing happened. However, while using this product, I noticed after I stopped using it that my skin was breaking out the whole time I used it. I looked up the ingredients and most of it is mineral oil* and seed oil*. Which is extremely *pore clogging.* Also, I didn't notice any change in firmness or anything, and neither did anyone who I showed the results of this product to either. You get what you pay for I suppose. So needless to say, I won't reccommend this product, and will not be using it or purchasing anymore. Better to go with *Bananna Boat*.

decent usage

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

I never used tanning products before, but decided to tried it when I needed to have some color on my pale legs since I was wearing short dress to a dinner party. I have a fair complexion, so I bought the medium tan lotion. After applying it on, I noticed the results within a few days. There wasn't any streaking or orange tinge. I used a towel to blend the product, so that I don't have to get my hands dirty. I noticed that it doesn't smell and it dries pretty quickly. One thing to note is that you must use everyday or it would show streaks. Overall, Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer takes almost a week to get the perfect color you want from this tanning solution, so do not think it's an overnight quick fix. After awhile, I started to see it flake off on my arms and legs so I scrub the top layer and reapplied. I don't layer the Jergens Natural Glow too thick because I don't want it flaking it again. Other than that its a decent product to use.

Beautiful and worth it

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

This lotion is such great quality. Lotion is one of my favorite cosmetics to buy and I am very particular with what I get. This natural glow lotion is great especially for my arms and legs. It does not look like a fake orange tan, but it tints my skin just enough to make my appearance welcoming. I have a medium skin tone, so I have to get the darker lotion. I apply it a few times a week, usually right after shaving in the mornings. Not only does it add a slight sparkle and glow to my skin, but it also is a great moisturizer. It smells great too. I honestly have not noticed if the lotion firms my skin or not. I have a little cellulite on my upper thighs, which is hard to get rid of. Tanning lotion always takes away from look of cellulite. It covers it up as it makes the skin take on a darker look. I can find this lotion at virtually any store. It keeps me from having to lay out in the sun.

• Longevity:

I've never loved a tanning lotion more.

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

I mean it; I've never come across a better tanning lotion, and I honestly don't think I ever will. This is great for every day use and it doesn't look fake what-so-ever. It goes on gradually and it's very hard to make it look streaky, unless you do something completely wrong. I do want to make it clear that you have to let the lotion completely dry before you put your clothes on, or they will stain. Also, make sure you wash the lotion completely off of your hands or they will end up slightly orange-looking. Overall, it is a great tanning lotion and it doesn't have an awful smell and it works gradually but quickly enough to notice a difference within a few days and it lasts long and looks like a real tan, not like a fake one.

It works well and it looks like a real tan, not like you just walked out of a spray-tan place, unlike a lot of tanning lotions. This works for any skin type, and it works gradually enough to make it seem real and you can stop whenever you are pleased with your tanness.

• Longevity:

A decent product and one I still use despite some drawbacks.

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

This product has a pleasant smell and a wonderful feel to it; I feel it moisturizes well and feels good on my skin. It gave a pleasant bronze color to my skin but unfortunately, that color largely disappeared after shaving. Odd, but a definite drawback if you are looking to keep the color!

I found that the bronze color given by the product faded drastically with shaving. However, prior to that, I would have a pleasant color to my skin - and since I am unable to tan that was a drastic improvement!

Ease of Application
Obviously, you need to be careful to get the lotion applied evenly but I didn't notice any darker patches or streaks. My sister used a store-brand and she had darker patches on her skin.

I tend to be picky but I found the scent to be pleasant. It is not at all overpowering and I didn't find it to linger long either.

Longevity
The color faded quickly with shaving and when the product was discontinued.

Decent

from MI

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

As far as firming daily lotions go, I would say this fails. I didn't really notice any sort of firming effect after using this whatsoever, other than just feeling like my skin was more moist and supple, which any lotion can do that.

As far as the daily glow, that's debatable. After one day, there will really be no difference in color. By day 2-3, yes there will be some "glow" but as for whether it's a real tan type look or a tiny shade of orange, I'm not sure. If you use a lot of this every single day, I think it leans more toward the orange-y side. If you just use is lightly, like maybe a little bit once a day or even every other day, so it's not being so heavily applied, then it does look a little bit more natural. But really, it's not a great substitute for a tan. It does give your skin some color - whether that color is one you want or not, I'm still not really sure.

The one plus side of this product is that if you have ever gotten a spray tan/sunless tan - using this lotion helps to extend the life of that. So, if you use this 1-2x daily after a spray tan, that seems to help keep the spray tan lasting longer. So, that is one perk!

Great color, Bad Ingredients

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

This is the first self-tanning skin product that hasn't turned my skin orange. Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer has a natural color that gave my skin a radiant glow. It goes on evenly and leaves my skin feeling smooth. I started using it during the winter months to avoid looking pasty and white.
I was hoping for more firming action, as the name describes. I did not experience any more firmness to my skin. I primarily used the moisturizer on my legs, and that is also where I need the most help with skin tone.
The smell is a bit like a self-tanner, but not quite a strong as many other products on the market.
My only and biggest complaint is the ingredient list. There are far too many toxins and carcinogens. I guess I can't really expect more from a budget product. I do hope that Jergens will reformulate this moisturizer to include botanical blends and essential oils that will aid in firming the skin while delivering a healthy, natural glow. Until then, I'll try to expose my skin to the winter sun a bit more.

Ease of Application
Rubs in smoothly and evenly

A bit too much like a self-tanner

Will not use again

from reading pa

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

I used this Jergens product last Summer. I have very light skin and often burn in the sun very easily. I was looking for something that would give me a base of color. This product did two things for me. First, it left my skin feeling soft. However, the tanning part of this product left me looking orange. I used the lightest lotion possible and still came out with that fake tan look. Overall, I will never use this product again.

It did soften and hydrate my skin, however it left me looking fake and orange in color.

Ease of Application
Was very easy. Came out of the bottle very easily and had a thickness to it that applied into the skin very easily.

I am very sensitive to smells however I did not feel like this was an overpowering scent but it did have a strong scent that reminded me of medicine.

Longevity
The softness did last for awhile and I must say I did stay orange colored for awhile. I don't think you would need more than one application in a day.

• Longevity:

Not a good product to use if you have really fair skin

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

I have really fair skin and do not tan at all in the summer months. I love the look of tanned skin and thought that Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer would be an effective way to get a slightly tanned look on my face. It definitely worked. The tan was slight and noticeable. The problem was that my face was a completely different skin tone as compared to the rest of my body. There was a sharp contrast between my face and neck and a very clear line where I stopped apply the moisturizer. There were a couple of ways I tried to solve this problem. I tried applying the product to my neck and chest, but I was unable to get an even application in these areas. I also tried using a lighter application on my face but the results were uneven and blotchy. Overall, this product does not work well for fair skin but it might be more effective if you naturally have a darker complexion.

Not a Natural Glow

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

Jergens Natural Glow is one of so many self-tanning lotions that just doesn't hit the mark-you can smell that signature-self tanning chemical on people who use it-and it doesn't give the "natural" look it claims to give.

You definitely get some appearance of tanned skin, but depending on the color of your skin, this may or may not end up looking natural. My friend with pale skin looks a little bit orange after she uses it for a few days. I have darker skin and it does not do this to me, but it creates tiny dark spots on me that look like liver spots!

Ease of Application
It is easy enough to apply, like any other lotion would be, but you have to wash your hands, even scrub them, quite thoroughly, so that there is no sticky orange residue on them.

The scent of the lotion is pleasant but the "afterodor" of the self-tanning portion of it is what you end up smelling throughout the day. I literally couldn't stand the smell of myself when I used it.

Longevity
It doesn't come off easily, so if you happen to like the looks of it on your skin, it will last a little while.

Love my glow.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer:

This Jergens firming natural glow daily moisturizer is something that I use every day after I take a shower. It is nice to be able to put it on and have it instantly absorb into your skin and leave your skin feeling so moisturized and beautiful. This helps keep my tan looking beautiful a lot longer than it used to. It does not really add any darkness to me or make me more tan, but it does intensify my tan and make it last all winter long so that I do not have to go and use a tanning bed all of the time. When you put it on your skin instantly looks healthier and feels better and it has a really beautiful glow to it. I especially like to use it on my face. It does say that it is firming, but I have never really noticed any firming effects on my legs or anywhere because of this, I just notice that my skin looks healthier and my tan is a lot more refreshed than it was before I put it on. This also has a wonderful smell that stays with you all day, it is really great for a moisturizer all over.