3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Jergens Natural Glow Express - A Fast Glow for A Gala

After discovering - and loving - Jergens Natural Glow Daily (Self-Tanning) Moisturizer,  I was delighted to find** Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer** a few months later as I was growing a little more pale and had an "event" to attend.  This 4.0 oz. product promises and delivers a "full-shade of natural looking color in just three days."  I opted for the "medium to tan" version and was delighted by the results. I didn't turned orange or jaundiced and also avoided looking as if I'd been baked in a tanning bed.  Instead, I had moisturized skin that slowly turned a darker shade tan over the course of the promised three days. In fact, I was able to use it for a full five days until the weekend part as the 40 oz. went a lot further than I originally thought it would. Having read some of the other reviews of the regular Jergens Self-Tanning lotion, let me just give you these two hints to avoid complaints of discolored palms or stained clothes:  always gently blot your palms on a non-white towel after application and wait for the product to fully absorb into your skin before dressing.  Hey, it's an inexpensive bit of glow for a gala and it works.

This gives you a very unnatural, uneven looking color!

I bought this with coupons but I had expected better out of the product. I am very pale and thought this would help me get ready for our sororities formal dance without getting a spray tan or actually tanning and laying in the sun. The product is supposed to gradually increase your color and make it look natural.

I not only bought the big bottle of lotion, I also bought the smaller bottle formulated especially for your face.

I was highly disappointed. When I first applied it, I didn't notice any real change at first. After about an hour I noticed I looked a little orange but from what I read online, this was normal. The bottle said to apply twice a day so I started using this on a Thursday. By Saturday I had been applying twice a day and noticed I was a bit streaky. I started adding extra product in the white places where I apparently missed the first few times but I was just not having too good of luck with even coverage. Since my dress only showed my arms, back, and a little leg, I made sure to cover those areas especially and my face. By Monday morning I was completely orange. I looked unnatural. I was so upset and frustrated. I had a noticeable hairline, my back of my knees and palms were white and streaked, and overall I looked ridiculous. I even had several people tell me it looked like I needed a spray tan to fix it.

I had to use an exfoliating body scrub for nearly a week before this stuff came off and even then I was still slightly tinted. The chemical in this that is used to color was not natural. There was nothing positive about this experience. I would not recommend this for pale women at all. I only give it a 2 because it did give some color but not in a good way.

The smell isn't too bad, it's actually pleasant.

Absorption
As far as a lotion goes, it absorbs nicely and feels smooth.

My skin felt nice as a moisturizing lotion but as a color enhancer this was a huge mistake. It left me streaked and orange.

Body lotion

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

Love the smell!! It is a very nice lotion. Not greasy.. Is absorbed quickly without leaving a film. My husband loves the smell too which makes it really nice. It has a nice sheen to it which gives the skin a tint of color. After a while I believe your skin looks tan without having to be out in the sun. So good overall for your skin. Look tan without harmful rays from the sun!!

• Absorption:

This gives you a very unnatural, uneven looking color!

from West Virginia

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

The smell isn't too bad, it's actually pleasant.

Absorption
As far as a lotion goes, it absorbs nicely and feels smooth.

• Absorption:

Yikes... I looked Orange!

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

Before using this product, I thoroughly read the directions and even used Google and YouTube for some helpful hints. I wanted to look tan, not like an Oompa Loompa. I followed the directions and used helpful hints I found online. I still turned out orange. I am really disappointed I spent money on this product and I looked so awful. I rubbed in and made sure I got all the areas, but I still came out streaky and orange. It was very painful to scrub this off of my skin. I definitely will not buy this product again. I would rather spend some more for a spray tan, which will not come out streaky, orange, and will last much longer.

Does not smell bad, but does not smell great. There are many lotions that smell better. I think it is the bronzer that makes this smell kind of funny,

Absorption
It absorbed into my skin. I waited until it was absorbed and my skin was dry before getting dressed. It does not take too long to absorb.

Definitely did not work on my skin. I looked like an Oompa Loompa. I was orange and streaky not tan and glowing. Disappointed.

Jergens Natural Glow Express is my favorite self tanner

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

I've tried many self tanners though the years and this one is definitely my favorite. It gives you an instant glow and later you're shades darker. It dries quick, the scent isn't bad, most self tanners have a distinctive scent which must be the "tanning" ingredient but this one is better than any other I've tried. The color usually lasts a few days and you can re-apply or let it fade, it comes off nicely, some self tanners come off on blotches and leave you looking like you have dirty spots on your skin, this one doesn't do that, and if I notice and blotchy spots, I know it's time to scrub it all off with a wash cloth and soap and apply to fresh skin. You can only re-apply so many times with any self tanner before you should start fresh.

This is the best smelling self tanner I've used that's also effective.

Absorption
This lotions absorbs quick and only takes about five minutes tops to dry.

This is very effective in giving a natural looking tan.

• Absorption:

Good moisturizer but color wasn't even.

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

I got this lotion to help my pale skin have a little glow to it in the winter months. My expectations may have been a bit too high. However, I couldn't tell much of a difference in my skin at all. I gave it a solid month of use. The only places that color appeared didn't look great. It didn't look even around my ankles and knees. The lotion definitely kept my skin soft and moisturized. It just didn't give me the glow I was looking for.

The scent wasn't bad. It didn't stand out as a great smelling lotion but it wasn't bad. I used it more for the color development than for the scent of it.

Absorption
It absorbed very well in my skin as far as moisture goes. It never left me feeling greasy. However, the glow it was supposed to give my skin never really absorbed either.

The lotion part was very effective. It made me skin feel great. It was very soft after a month of using it. However, it never gave me the glow it promoted. I didn't continue use after the month and haven't given it a try again since.

• Absorption:

The color is okay but the smell is bad!

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

I really love a beautiful sunkissed tan color on my skin. Sadly, I live in the upper midwest and that isn't a possibility most of the year. I won't use tanning beds and the spray tans that you get at salons look great but are pretty expensive. I decided to try Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer to get that natural tan color that I was wanting for a lower cost. I followed the directions carefully. I exfoliated my skin prior to application. I was careful to apply in a smooth and very even coat, paying special attention to avoid areas like my soles of my feet. I also was sure to clean the palms of my hand very well after application. I used the lighter color as I have a fair skin color. The color developed to be okay. My skin wasn't streaky in the large areas like on my legs and arms. Unfortunately, in the areas around my palms and ankles, the color looked splotchy. I think that this color would look best to enhance an already developed base tan rather than put on a completely untanned skin. My biggest problem with Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer is the smell that developed on my body as the color developed on my skin. The moisturizer really made my skin smell bad...stinky bad. Worse yet, even after showering, I still smelled!! I was hesitant to really scrub my body because I knew that I would scrub the color off. So, I was left with an okay tan and body odor. I'm not sure that this lotion would affect everyone the same but it really made me smell. I have a hard time recommending this product.

golden lotion

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer is my favorite secret to achieving a healthy fake tan and a beautiful glow. I get so many compliments when I use this product and everyone thinks I am tan because I went on vacation even if it is the middle winter. This lotion may not be the best scented lotion but it absorbs quickly and gives me an all over even tan within a day sometimes less. I recommend exfoliating your body first so you do not get those embarrassing blotchy spots. This moisturizer is perfect for all skin types and is a great lotion to use year round to achieve a healthy glow even when there is snow on the ground.

The scent of this lotion is okay, I do not hate it but i do not rely on it to make my skin smell good either.

Absorption
This lotion absorbs into my skin instantly giving me a beautiful glow.

This is my favorite tanning lotion to use because it gives me a golden glow within a day sometimes just a few hours.

• Absorption:

Get a natural looking tan,just a hint of color

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

This is actually a good self tanner lotion and I did decide to try it to see how it worked. It did work very well for me and I knew that Jergen's is a long time trusted brand. The only reason that I didn't give it a higher score on the review is because the price is kind of high for me,otherwise I would continue to buy it. The smell is pretty good,it is a nice light fragrance & not too strong for this product.

The smell is actually quite nice and I really did like it. It smelled like a good lotion fragrance.

Absorption
The absorption was great! It was so easy to apply it the skin and it rubbed in very well. It went on easily and wasn't greasy at all,very smooth.

It was very effective for me for this purpose. It gave me a little bit of suntan color and it did look very natural on my skin. The only reason that don't buy it very often is because the price is too high for my budget. I always look for bargains on my beauty products and other items that I buy.

Where is the Glow?

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

I bought this product because it is said to help you gain a shade of color. I had an event to go to with my family and they always tease me about how pale I am. So this product looked like a godsend to me. I followed the directions on the bottle, yes it made my skin soft but it did NOT give me a "healthy glow" or a shade more of color. I still looked as pale as a ghost and it seemed to have given my skin a glittery sheen, nothing more.

I did not like the smell of this lotion at all.

Absorption
This only saving grace of this lotion is that it made my skin smoother. After about three uses it felt like I had skin that felt like silk. It was a great feeling, but sadly not what I had wanted from this product.

Not effective at all for what it claims to do. If you want softer skin then I would recommend this product, if you want a tan or just a "glow" then I suggest you either get out in the sun, find a product proven to work. Or just go to a tanning bed.

Creates a nice glow

from Richmond VA

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer:

I am usually fairly skeptical about home-use products that claim to create a natural-looking tan, but I had heard good things about this moisturizer. I had developed an uneven tan from playing in the yard with my son and I was looking to even it out a bit. After using this moisturizer for about a week, I noticed a real difference and looked a lot better. It did a nice job of creating a tan that looked natural and that blended well with my skin. I really liked the effect and the fact that I could get a healthy-looking glow without more sun exposure.

This lotion had a nice, somewhat neutral scent that was great for everyday use.

While it wasn't quite as realistic as actual sun exposure, I was pleasantly surprised by the results of using this lotion. My skin stayed soft and moisturized while also becoming gradually and subtly browner. It is definitely a bargain considering the results.