3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

I love the healthy glow I am now wearing!

I have always been a fan of Jergens products and this product is no exception.  I bought this over the summer so that I could enjoy the same healthy glow as my friends without the damage of the sun.  I don't like the over tanned look, so I wanted something suttle to just add a little color to my pale cheeks.  After my shower, I rubbed down with a towel to make sure that I was exfoliated and dry.  I added it in small amounts.  It absorbed into my skin very quickly.  I loved the way my legs felt after applying!  I am a rebel with out a clue so I also applied it directly to my face.  The package said to apply every day for best results and I started to see results on day 3.  My skind felt soft and silky and I have a nice little glow.  I would not call it a tan, but it added much needed color to my milk white complection!  I apply it now about every three days and it keeps the color.  I love this stuff!  I did not notice a bad smell that some of the others have mentioned.  It just smells like self tanner.  If you do have trouble with self tanner, you may want to apply to a hidden area first, but I did not have any trouble.  Just make sure you use small amounts and rub in well.

Glowing From Head to Toe - But What's that Smell?

I stumbled onto **Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer** a few months back and since I'm always pale, I decided to give it a try.

**About Jergens Natural Glow Daily...Read complete review

**About Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer** This product isn't a self-tanner principally. Instead it's a daily moisturizer bundled up with the promise that it will enhance your skin shade, not quite as dramatically as a self tanner. Those of us who have an almost irrational fear of self tanners, thanks to the orange streaky nightmares of even just a year or two ago, have been waiting for something like this to come along for awhile. This product is available in multiple shades for fair to dark skin tones.  Although I'm pale,  I decided to try the medium shade instead of the light shade. I figured I'd try it in an inconspicuous area first.  Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer comes in a 7.5 fl. ounce bottle, designed to stand up on its flip top lid. The front of the bottle states that it creates *"a healthy summer glow all year long just by moisturizing"*. There are several **warnings** on the bottle, unlike with most everyday moisturizers. There are even warnings about tanning on the back of the bottle. The warnings specific to the product are: *"For external use only. Avoid eye contact. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water. Do not apply to broken skin. This product does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn."* **Using the Product** I was eager to give this stuff a shot after having waited so long to find it. The directions instruct you to use the moisturizer daily for best results, smoothing it on evenly and allowing several minutes for the lotion to dry before dressing. You're also instructed to wash your hands after each application. I squeezed out the moisturizer which looks for all the world like every other moisturizer under the sun and I applied it to my legs, chest, arms. I have not yet gotten the courage to apply any kind of self-tanning product directly to my face for fear of the orange streak gremlins. The moisturizer absorbs quickly and dries fairly quickly. I put on my bra before it was completely dry however, and later noticed that the band of my bra had stained from the lotion. Thankfully it was one of my older bras that I don't care much about, but be forewarned: You really should wait until the product is completely dry before dressing. **How Well It Works** The first two days I didn't notice much of anything but by the third day I did notice a difference, and a good one at that! The moisturizer had really done its job of giving my legs and arms a nice tan glow that wasn't orange in the slightest. With continued use the color deepened only slightly, which is just how I like it. I love the results! But while I love the results there is one drawback: I *hate* the smell of this product! It has the same chemically smell that most self-tanners do and it begins to bother me after awhile. I stopped using the lotion for several weeks because the smell was getting to be annoying. I started back up a couple of weeks ago and the color quickly returned. **Cat's Bottom Line** If you're looking for a self tanner that won't give you orange streaks and is nice and subtle, Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer is the product for you, if you can stand the smell.

Best part: makes your skin really soft.

from Southern Cal

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

While not perfect, it's pretty good. It does take a few days to see the results, and they're a little 'orange', but I figured out a way to avoid some of that. Start with a little bit of color from the sun - and by this I mean, sit under an umbrella with sunscreen because you're bound to get some color anyway. I don't mean go out and sit under the sun and get tanned. With just the little bit of color that you will get from just being at the beach, it will help make the color of this more natural looking. And once you've gotten it going, this keeps it looking rather nice. You will NOT get dark with this, but it will add a deeper color to what you will inevitably get sitting at the beach for a few hours underneath an umbrella. One thing that I love about it very much...it makes your skin really soft!!!! So as just a moisturizer, it's great, but you have to spread it evenly so you don't get the color streaks.

It enhances any color you may get from the sun, so that's where the effectiveness comes from. On it's own, it does add color, but not much and it's bit on the 'orange' side. BUT, my skin is a bit on the light side, so I'd bet that it'd look more natural on a person with naturally darker skin to begin with.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply, but you have to be careful that it's even, so you avoid streaks.

The scent is 'funky'. Not bad, just funky. I got used to it and actually started to like it. It's not a good or bad smell. But it definitely smells.

Longevity
Washes away after 3 or so showers if you don't keep applying.

Pale people be warned

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

I wanted to look better in my bathing suit on vacation so I thought an artificial tan would help look slimmer since my pale skin can't really tan. I put this on the night before I caught my plain. When I first put it on I didn't notice a difference so I gave up and went to bed. In the morning my legs (where I'd applied it) and my hands were bright orange. It looked streaky and not natural at all. No matter how hard I scrubbed I couldn't get it off. Not to mention the nauseating smell that lingered for 3 days and would not go away now matter how often I showered. It has a very distinct tropical sunscreeny smell. Also be warned that this will stain anything it touches within eight hours of being put on. My bed sheets, pajamas and hands were orange and I didnt come out of my laundry. This may work for darker skinned people but you'll still have the staining problem. Also, this may just be me but this product seemed to make more freckles pop up on my arms. Anyway buyer be warned before purchasing this.

Nice product

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

Use this after every shower, and it works well. Like promised, you have a subtle glow after a few days.

This product is not for those looking to tan, just not be so white, or to fill in your tan lines.

Ease of Application
Takes a while to dry, but goes on evenly. You don't want to put your clothes on until it dries or you might stain your clothes.

Definitely an improvement! The old version smelled like raisins and the new stuff I just purchased has a subtle scent verging on scentless.

Longevity
The results last if you skip a day or two, but I wouldn't go more than 3 days.

Quick tanning solution

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

While watching TV one evening, I saw a commercial with a bunch of woman and they were commenting on her skin how natural it looked. Of course the woman was young, beautiful, and already had nice skin, but I'd figured "what's it gonna hurt". So I went to the store and purchased this product. I have been using this product for 3 days. On my third day, I have seen a difference already. The smell is very good and the lotion dries really fast and is not sticky. I would recommend this product for continued use.

• Longevity:

Great sunless tanning without the orange

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

I am very fair skinned. I never tan. I only blister and then peel. I have tried several sunless tanners on the market. Many leave splotchy, streaky spots in random places no matter how evenly you try to apply it. Others leave you with orange hands or an orange tint to your skin. I was excited when Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer came out on the market. I was excited that the product did not leave a nasty orange tint behind. I also liked that there was no orange streak. The product also leaves your skin nice and moisturized and is easy to use after getting out of the shower every day. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer does not have an unpleasant odor, and will not mess up your clothes. The only draw backs of using this product is that you do not get immediate results. It takes consistent use to get the look of a nice tan. Many times when you are in need of a tan, you need it right then. This is not the product for you. I recommend this product for people who know they are going to want to look tanned or for fair skinned people, like me, who always look like they need a tan!

This product will give you a slight tan after continuous consistent use.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply.

Decent product

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

I have used a couple of different self tanners and this one is middle of the road. It's not bad, but not my favorite. It's not too greasy which is nice. I'm not crazy about the smell but it wasn't as bad as others. It does seem to linger for a while so if you're sensitive to smells skip this one! I did like the color because it wan't a terrible fake orange color and didn't stain my hands for days. It's pretty easy to use and is effective. However, the color didn't last too long and seemed to wash off in the shower just a little bit. You have to make sure it's totally dry before you put clothes on because it will stain your (light colored) clothes. This product is definitely a good moisturizer and nice you can use it every day. It does take a few days/applications to get a nice color and glow. Don't expect it the first time you use it. It might take up to 3 weeks to get the color you want. It took quite a while for me but then again I didn't use a ton because of the smell.

• Longevity:

It's Doesn't Give You a Natural Glow.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

This is another self-tanner that doesn't work. It's called Jergen's After Glow, but there is nothing glowing about this. I used this the past winter and you couldn't tell I used anything at all.

I never achieved a tan that builds up over time. I understand the idea behind the product, but some of these companies don't seem to. I went by the directs and after two weeks, my skin was slightly darker, but not glowing and you couldn't really tell I had a tan.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply, and is the only good point to this self-tanner.

The scent is awful. I don't know why some self-tanners smell so bad, and some are tolerable. You would think they could make all the self-tanners at least tolerable, but I guess some companies don't think it's a priority.

Longevity
The tan doesn't last very long because you never get a glowing tan with this product. Jergen's usually has great products, but this definitely isn't one I would recommend. I would recommend them applying more tanner to the product so you can actually achieve a tan after a week.

Very Very Good

from Victoria, MN

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

I have been very happy with Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. I have dry skin and did not expect the moisturizing properties of the product to be so great -but I was pleasantly surprised. I really like the subtle tanning effect it has on my skin also. It is very easy to apply this without getting steaks and blotchy areas on the skin. I apply to the large areas on the legs and arms and when there is very little product remaining on my hands, I apply to the feet and elbows. This works really well.

I gives me a natural looking glow.

Ease of Application
I feel it is very easy to apply. I use a disposable glove to apply and then discard the glove, but of course this is not necessary.

If only it were possible to make it even better smelling...but this is one of the better scents in "glow products". It is not at all unpleasant but it is not like perfume or cologne.

Longevity
I feel none of the "glow products" lasts any longer than this one.

• Longevity:

This lotion does not work as well as Jergen firming NG Lotion.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

When I say "NG" I mean Natural Glow. Jergen's has a Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer that also has a firming component and that one works way better than this one. This lotion is cheaper, but it does darken my skin nearly as much as the other lotion. It does moisturize about the same, but I believe that the firming component actually helps the lotion to work better. I do not know if that is the case, but in my opinion, the firming lotion is better. This lotion is a simple tanning lotion that moisturizes. I did notice that skin was softer after using this product, but it did not darken near as much as I had expected. I bought this one by mistake and I was really upset about it. I ended up giving this tube to my sister and I went back to the store to purchase the firming one. I definitely have to recommend the firming Jergen's Daily Glow lotion over this one.

It is effective, but not as much as I would like. I am looking for a darker tan color than this lotion provides.

I was not a fan of the scent of this lotion. It was a little overwhelming.

• Longevity:

Easy natural looking tan in no time.

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer:

I just a couple of easy applications it looked like I had a beautiful natural tan. Very easy to apply, no streaking. The product has a bit of a scent that I did not like but it fades away fairly quickly. A great product if you don't want to get out in the sun.